Author Note

Author Note

A Chapter by Lettie
"

Just a little note from the author that you should really read. It's not a requirement, but it would be loved.

"
Authors Note

June 23nd, 2010- I know most people don't bother to read the authors note... Heck, I am one of them, which now I that I am trying to be an author I realize that maybe I should read them. If somebody spent months and even years writing a book, shouldn't we at least see what they author wanted to say? I'm not really sure and technically you don't have to this. I would never know if you just clicked over to chapter one. But I do think you should know that by reading my little note here, it will help you throughout the story. So I do suggest you take the five (or less) minutes out of you life and read the words I have written for you.

Where to begin... A lot of you may be wondering about my other novels that I began and never finished. Yeah, you might have noticed I have a tendency of doing that, though I am working hard to fix it. Jo's story in Paradise Pier, I really do want to continue, but to be honest I been having a lot of difficulties completing chapter two. I start writing it, then some way or another my computer gets turned off and I lose all process. I know it sucks, but maybe it is a sign I need to take a break.

Gwen's story, Forever Different, I am hesitant about finishing that one. I always really wanted write a novel with dragons and make it better than Eragon and How to Train Your Dragon, so I started to write the story of a girl who doesn't want to be treated like a girl and then I had to be a terrible person and stop right when she meets her dragon. Yeah, I suck too. I'm not really sure if I want to continue that one just quiet yet. So I am planning on taking a break from Forever Different and maybe take some time to go back and check over the chapters, because I know my latest one was rather horrible and did not flow to save its life.

Okay, so this is getting longer than I thought, so maybe I should just explain what Inner Beauty is about if you did not read the little description when clicking. Basically, it's a retelling of the classic, Beauty and the Beast, but it takes place in modern times, more specifically, New York City. Yes, there is going to be the lovely beauty and I decided her name will be Charisse (shuh-REES) which is French for 'Grace, Beauty and Kindness.' How appropriate, don't you agree? I am planning on her last name to be Bell, which worries me some because I do know that the Disney film the beauty's name is Belle, but it was the only last name that meant 'beauty' and I do not want to stray far from the actual storyline because of how much I will be changing already. So the beauty will be named Charisse Bell, unless I change my mind, which I might, because I am rather indecisive.

As for our beast, I am planning on naming him Kennith, because it means handsome, which is what our little monster was before he was changed and it is most likely by his "friends" he will be called Ken or Kenny. His last name will be Griffin, because a griffin is a legendary creature with the body of a lion and the head and wings of an eagle. As the lion was traditionally considered the king of the beasts and the eagle was the king of the birds, the griffin was thought to be an especially powerful and majestic creature. And well Ken is from a very powerful family, who is well known throughout NYC and well it is kind of humors how he becomes a terrifying beast and since he would be the only one of his kind, he would be consider king.

I am planning though that he will change his name half way through the book, for two reasons. One, I don't really like the name Kennith (or any other forms of the name) and no offense to anyone reading this who has that name. Two, Ken is going to be changing throughout the book from this arrogant, stuck-up, jerk to someone who comes to realize that inner beauty is more important than outter. So when he is all scary and ugly looking, having a name meaning handsome is just not going to cut it. Plus, when I hear the name Ken, I just think of "Barbie and Ken" which is really not what I want people to be thinking about when reading.

And just a little side note in this authors note that is turning out to be very long, you may notice that the name 'Charisse,' Bell,' and most likely Beast's new names are French. This is because of the fact that Beauty and Beast originated in France and I want to be true to it's heritage. So that is just a little trivia if you notice other little French things, because I am planning on throwing them in here.

Unlike my other books where I created everything from my imagination, for this one I actually need to do research. I have done a lot already, but I do want to take more time so I get everything right, because there are a lot of versions of Beauty and the Beast.

Also you must be patient with me if this is ever going to work. I am writing a book where I have no pass experience with, because sadly I have never seen the Disney film of it (I was too scared of Beast to watch it) and so I only have the information from the real stories I am reading online. This may be better though, as I won't be tempted to take little things from the movie. Another thing, the retelling of Beauty and the Beast have been done many times and probably will be told many times more. Just look at Catherine Asaro's The Quantum Rose, Barbara Cohen's Roses, Cameron Dokey's Belle, and Alex Flinn's Beastly. These are all books I really want to read, but cannot because I don't want to accidentally copy. To be frank, I really want to read Beastly because it is being made into a movie where the (drop dead) gorgeous Alex Pettyfer will be playing the beast, but I will hold off my temptations just yet.

At first I really wanted to name the story "Beauty," because it's what the story is about. Trying to fall in love when you lost your beauty and how beauty of the inside is more important on the out. But naturally, a book (or two if I am not mistaking) had to already have that name, so I tried "Beast," and "Roses" and again no luck. Now I am sticking with "Inner Beauty," but I am also thinking about the name "Beastling." Not sure yet, but don't be surprise if it changes.

I think that about wraps it up now. Actually, I never wanted it to be this long, but my fingers just started typing and well this is what we end up with. So I do apologize if this took more then five minutes out of your life because being honest it took me an hour to write all of this. Rather depressing actually, but I have been trying to choose my words carefully so I don't give to much away, but I do give enough away to make it sound interesting. Reviews would be appreciated, as I would love to hear your impute on what I am trying to create hear. I promise I will try to have the first chapter or prologue (haven't decided yet) up soon, possibly tonight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to message me and I would love to give you more info. That's about it at this moment, so I wish you all adieu and I hope you will read my book! :]  
 


© 2010 Lettie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fabulous intro! I'm definitely looking forward to reading this book! N' I do love the other titles you are considering, especially "Beauty." Though "Beastling" truly does RAWK!
P.S.: Have you ever seen the old Jean Cocteau film version of "Beauty And The Beast"? It's in black and white, filmed in French in 1946, and it's one of the most beautiful movies EVER! ㋡

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 23, 2010
Last Updated on June 23, 2010


Author

Lettie
Lettie

Wonderland, WI



About
"Nobody important". Blimey, that's amazing. D'you know, in 900 years of time and space I've never met anyone who wasn't important before.;; I'm a girl to start out with, fifteen years young, but do.. more..

Writing
Ashes, Ashes Ashes, Ashes

A Book by Lettie