The Director

The Director

A Story by The Mystery Poet
"

A story of The Director and the lesson that comes with it

"

There was once a director. He was one of the best. His movies were beautiful and they got him far in life and they just kept getting better and better. His family was proud, his team was proud, his bosses were proud. When it was time for him to make his last movie, he put all the effort he can muster. His team worked with him, he researched, he did all the work that he could possibly put into that last movie. But it was a flop. The movie was an absolute failure. This destroyed him; broke him. Of course, people tried to reassure him. “At least you made it this far,” they said. “It was better that some you’ve made before,” some pointed out. But none of this made him feel any better, no. You see, their strategy was to tell him that he wasn’t an absolute failure. Their strategy was to make him feel better about himself. The problem is… He wasn’t disappointed because he felt bad about himself. He was was distraught because he felt like he failed everyone. He had failed his family, he had failed his team, he had failed his bosses. He failed and felt like he disappointed those who he cared about most. Was he right? I’m not even sure if he knows that.

© 2018 The Mystery Poet


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, you have the synopsis. Now write the story.

Posted 5 Years Ago


The Mystery Poet

5 Years Ago

It's meant to be kind of a short story with a message type thing... I'm not completely sure what tha.. read more
JayG

5 Years Ago

Story happens in real time. Presenting a synopsis of events is history. why that matters is that we .. read more
The Mystery Poet

5 Years Ago

Fair point... Thank you so much, Jay

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Added on May 7, 2018
Last Updated on May 7, 2018
Tags: the, director, failure, dissapointed, movies, message, moral

Author

The Mystery Poet
The Mystery Poet

TX



About
It seems as if life is nothing but a sick joke... I might as well laugh with it more..

Writing