Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Serenity Faith

Running....always running, it seems like this happens everytime! I could feel the bruise start to rise a little on my shoulder.

"SERENITY GET BACK HERE NOW!" I could hear my step dad screaming, but I still kept running. I always ran it was the only thing I could think of doing and I had the perfect place to escape to. "THAT'S OKAY GIRL YOU GOTTA COME HOME SOMETIME!" I could hear my step dad's laughter echo through the woods I had just entered. How right he was, but by then maybe his drunken drugness would have taken effect and he'd be out like a light. "I'm...so glad...Trenton's...at....Mamaw's house...." I panted as I dodged trees and sharp branches on the ground. Trenton, my little brother, my baby...it seemed he was the only reason I still lived. I practically was his mom since our own was always working and when she wasn't she was so depressed she locked herself in her bedroom and only came out to eat or get her coffee. Now here I was, barefoot, running from a psychopath and in the middle of the woods that ran the edge our house right outside the town. Not exactly the most comfortable place in the world. The jeans I had on were a little long for me, worn out, and had a huge tear on my right thigh from the last time I ran away and another one on my left knee. I had on my favorite Cheshire Cat black tank and this cut up grey plaid over shirt. My long brownish blonde hair was a spider webbed mess around my heart shaped face and what little sunlight dared glint through the leaves, brightened my tear stained black eyes. Since I had been crying though I'd say they swirled with a greyish brownish color. They always seemed to change with my emotions. I had noticed it once after a rather nasty fight with my older brother, when I locked myself in the bathroom. I was so beyond done being treated like s**t! I could see my secret place just ahead as the trees started to become farther apart and the sound of rushing water overcame the sound of cicadas that drifted through the rooftops of the trees. Dusk was one of my favorite times of day. As I came closer to my cabin I could of sworn I saw the hint of a candlelight through one of the windows.


"Oh God! What if he'd found me? What if someone else had claimed the cabin? What if....what if I was just imagining it?" Thoughts raced through my head. I couldn't go back...not just yet anyways....I forced myself to step on the porch. The floorboards creaked underneath my muddy bare feet. Was that someone moving around? I opened the door and leaned in...No one was there. The room was empty except for the abandoned furniture that was covered over with sheets. Cobwebs still covered the corners.


"I'll have to redecorate the rest of this place soon." I smiled to myself and walked the hallway to the stairs that led up to my favorite room, the loft. It was like a huge open attic with a window at the end that overlooked the river just a few yards from the cabin.


"OH MY GOSH!" I had opened the door expecting to see my handheld CD Player still in the corner with my notebook. I had been writing stories in that book. I had incense wrapped up under a blue blanket which was also supposed to be tucked in the corner...but that's not what I found. Instead there sat a handsome boy, dressed in all black down to his hair, except his shoes sat next to the door. He was listening to my CD player reading my notebook and had a candle burning by the window. His mouth flew open as I met his gaze. He had the most gorgeous grey eyes!


"You!?" He spoke and everything went black...



© 2013 Serenity Faith


Author's Note

Serenity Faith
As I said, i started this years ago...you don't have to review it, though comments are appreciated. This was just a world I created for myself. A world where I could get away from things at home and be with the boy I loved. And a world that my readers and friends could escape to with me. Who doesn't love a fun love story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed this and look forward to reading the other three chapters, it kept me hooked from start to finish and I love your use of words they really help to paint the picture, I look forward to reading more

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

415 Views
1 Review
Added on June 8, 2013
Last Updated on June 8, 2013


Author

Serenity Faith
Serenity Faith

TN



About
If you truly must know, write me....i promise to write back ^_~ more..

Writing