Blackity

Blackity

A Poem by Black Sheep
"

A poem taking about the history and struggle of African Americans mainly the n word.

"
The word tingles up with my nerves, it wasn’t what any of them deserved. It brings back cold nights at the slave castles, Hard thrashes by a whip, It brings up unwanted kissing from a white man's lip.
I wish it was something I could skip. But I hear the tears drip. A word they utter with no understanding of us, our culture our pride, and even our history that they got to decide, I see the tide the tide of the slave ships coming through. And for many years my black brothers and sistas had to make due. It's true I can smell the mold and mildew, of the ships. I can almost feel the discomfort oh god, chained to the ground like an animal, they forced us to be understandable.
Taking back this word may be wrong but it’s our toil. A toil you will never understand. Some of us may still feel with depression lingering my unborn son's mind may be haunted and yes I know our blackness is flaunted, because we were taunted. It’s not our choice our color.

© 2020 Black Sheep


Author's Note

Black Sheep
My grammar is trash this is middle school so. Izz it good?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 12, 2020
Last Updated on February 12, 2020
Tags: African American, Black History, Black History Month, The N Word, Blackness

Author

Black Sheep
Black Sheep

Chicago, IL




Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..