Cutter's Lullaby

Cutter's Lullaby

A Poem by Black Widow
"

This is one of my best pieces. Unfortunately I can't just post it anywhere though because of its graphic nature. Not everyone knows how to appreciate its perfect blend of beauty and tragedy.

"

Go to sleep, close your eyes,

and dream of broken butterflies.

Your peace at mind I have assured;

You know the pain thy have endured.

Silver metal that shines so bright.

Scarlet blood that feels so right.

Dream of blood dripping down

and wake up just before you drown.

Moonlight shining off your tears

As you bleed out your biggest fears.

So tonight when you start to cry,

just whisper the cutter’s lullaby.

Hush little baby, don’t say a word.

I understand why you’re feeling hurt.

Your family hates you

and your friends let you bleed.

Have the sweetest of nightmares;

that’s all you’ll ever need.

Rock-a-bye baby, you’re broken and scarred.

You had no clue life could be this hard.

It’s time to end the pain you’ve hidden so well.

So down you’ll go, baby, straight back to hell.

 

© 2017 Black Widow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful poetry in a sadistic way. The roll of words led reader to the feel of a deadly lullaby. You wrote straight forward and honest poetry. This is what poetry support to be. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Simply put, That was Beautiful. It made me feel and I heard the song echo in my mind as I read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The title drew me in with because it archly blends something disturbing and dangerous with something pleasant and safe. I am also curious about the cutting phenomenon which I don't recall happening when I was a kid, though maybe it did.
More critically, and this is key, I know, possibly now knew, someone who is, possibly now was, a cutter. I am worried about them and miss them in fact. The person in question was prone to depression and distress and had a death obsession. So...
From what I learnt from my friend, I know that your verse is painfully accurate it captures the mood behind what's going on.
More than that the execution is very good. Also, best of all, you pull no punches. Your verse is almost brutally truthful, mocking almost in its honesty. In a way it is a scream of honesty. I reckon it talks directly to the mind of the cutter and that they will recognise it.
It's a beautiful piece of work because of its effectiveness. Not a beautiful subject of course! And yes, I do know it's a deadly serious subject. But this is all about the words.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I sense that someone or something hurt you and now you have forgotten what you love. I'd like to remind you of that, if only I knew. The great thing about the human race is people always want to help one another. I want to help you. You just have to want to be helped.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Black Widow

7 Years Ago

I appreciate your consideration, but you must have open mind when it comes to creative writing.
read more
Amazing. I really relate. It has amazing flow of the words. And great vocabulary.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very emotional and moving poem, good job

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful poetry in a sadistic way. The roll of words led reader to the feel of a deadly lullaby. You wrote straight forward and honest poetry. This is what poetry support to be. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2017
Last Updated on March 8, 2017
Tags: poetry, song lyrics, lyrics, poem, self-harm, cutter, lullaby, mental illness, psychology, addiction, health, depression

Author

Black Widow
Black Widow

Carbondale, IL



About
Well, I don't normally give out my real name, however if anyone needs me to prove my identity for any reason, just contact me privately. My pin name is Black Widow so that's what you can call me. I've.. more..

Writing
Twisted Twisted

A Poem by Black Widow



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Caged Heart Caged Heart

A Poem by MOON