Say What?

Say What?

A Chapter by Blacke Hennessey

The car was a blur as it sped towards the wall at a dead-end alley. The bricks on sensing the vehicle, moved aside in split seconds and closed after it entered. I continued driving down the tunnel until I cam to a checkpoint- an impregnable door having caution signs in many languages.
"Please enter code," came the mechanical voice.
I slid open a small door under my seat looking for an inspection cover on the ground. I turned the handle to open it and placed my thumb on the scanner. Scanning was instant and I punched in my agent code thereafter.
"Thank you."
The door slid up and I drove into the elevator. The car was transported to the agency's parking lot and I parked in someone's reserved spot.
"You're early."
"I know," I said locking the car. I turned to face Jinjake Brown, one of the managers at the Secret Agency of Crime, Drugs and Assassination Tackle (SACDAT).
He was twenty, blond with a smile that shamed virgin ice and a hunk. He was average height but not average on the effort he put into his work. He has the hots for me but if grandpa knew that he would suddenly find himself in viper's hole.
"Where is he?" I asked tossing black tresses over my shoulder.
"The main office. I think Paug's there as well." Jinjake smiled crookedly.
"Ugh! You just had to spoil my morning, didn't you?" I brushed past him and headed to the left with him following.
"It's better I warn you. Snake's not necessarily in a good mood today," he continued.
"Does it matter? I just want to hear what the man has to say and he's always never in-the-mood. Worse, it's Wednesday."
Today was probably the worst day of the week for Snake R. It meant that the evaluation team was coming to do their weekly assessment and they always have a row with him. Not that the man argues with them. Naw, never. The rotten b******s seem to ever be getting at or chased off the compound with junior agents dogging their heels with batons.


© 2012 Blacke Hennessey


Author's Note

Blacke Hennessey
Don't hesitate to be open and frank

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on April 20, 2012
Last Updated on April 30, 2012


Author

Blacke Hennessey
Blacke Hennessey

Kingston, Kingston, Jamaica



About
Cool, loving, bookaholic more..

Writing