Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Blacke Hennessey

"I don't give a- if you looking at ma-"
Slurp! 
Sipping iced tea and crowing a fav song, I scrolled down the listing of recent emails. So busy was I that the green light blinking on the phone missed my notice. It took two minutes more to notice but another ten to actually see it when I was notified via email.
"Answer the beeping phone," I read aloud and shook my head. moments like this really had me wondering how soft I was to accept those words cause I slapped people for less than that.
"What the hell have you been doing? I've been calling since five am this morning."
"What the hell do you expect? I do have a life you know," I replied haughtily.
"Suppose it was an emergency?" The icy baritone of Snake R made the question sound more like a statement and dangerous.
"Anyway, Shirley's in the hospital."
I grinned happily as I hung up. The moment I've been waiting for all my life- Well since graduating from elementary school. I was becoming what I always wanted to be, a dream come true that I thought would never arrive.
I grabbed my jacket and moved out the room pronto and slid down the staircase.
"I'm off to the hospital, pa" I said as grandpa emerged from the kitchen with a pan of sizzling bacon and a strip hanging from his lips.
"Seriously, pa?" I rose a brow and he smiled that dimpled smile I loved so much.
"What? A grown man's got to eat, kid."
"I know but could you atleast wait until the thing cools before you hack it all up? Gosh!"
It was his turn to scrutinize me with honey brown eyes.
"I knew you were going to the hospital. Snake called me last night after you came from Stone's house."
Stone was my butler, chauffeur and friend. He was an ex-wrestler who quit the ring because his manager couldn't stand him doing his second job of looking after me. There would have probably been a quarrel but Stone doesn't speak much so the manager just had to take a punch in the face for his angry words.



© 2012 Blacke Hennessey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on April 20, 2012
Last Updated on April 30, 2012


Author

Blacke Hennessey
Blacke Hennessey

Kingston, Kingston, Jamaica



About
Cool, loving, bookaholic more..

Writing