Fate and Destiny

Fate and Destiny

A Poem by BlackPrince
"

Ah! what an adventure life was!

"


There, I saw Fate await by Life's roadside.
She waved and waved her hand like my good friend.
I saw both smiles and tears in her brown eyes
the day I met Destiny at the dead end.

© 2019 BlackPrince


Author's Note

BlackPrince
Remember Our Creator Who Loves Us!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are amazing. Very powerful and good. Like it much.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Wow... incredible depth in so few words. An amazing talent/accomplishment!

Posted 4 Years Ago


So much to contemplate of life in this short poem. I found myself moving through childhood to present times, with many pictures flickering in my mind of people I have met on the way. I saw Fate with all the promises of what the future could bring. Destiny still awaits me. I love your poetic expression and wonder why I have not come across your work earlier. Thank you.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


The joys and smiles of meeting Destiny, but the tears at it being at a dead end. This is short but very powerful. I really enjoy the imagery too. Makes the reader contemplate their life path and even the 'Fates' that we might drive on by. I really enjoyed this,.
Best wishes,
Laura

Posted 4 Years Ago


Yes - predetermination by a guiding unseen force - as we are presented with choices as to which way to go - for good or evil! Nice write my friend... :-)

Posted 5 Years Ago


In life we have equal amounts of smiles and tears , which you are reflecting on at life's end..as your final journey in this life takes you to whatever comes next ...

Posted 5 Years Ago


i always say "less is more" and there is so much between the lines here...
almost like emily dickinson's "because i could not stop for death"---this could either be the speaker at the end of it all reflecting, or just a wake up call to make the most of life before we hit that dead end.
nicely done.
j.

Posted 5 Years Ago


BlackPrince

5 Years Ago

Thank you for your time in honestly reviewing two of my poems.
And I appreciate the compariso.. read more
Mercsa

5 Years Ago

This piece might look less but it actually has a very important message. Nice work
Wow, creative, clever and short, straight to the point. And speaks volumes. As destiny sure tells us when she is coming.

Posted 5 Years Ago


i guess we just seem to know when destiny knocks on our door

Posted 5 Years Ago


Yes . . . life is an adventure . . . seen a lot of things in my 70 years.

And yes . . . He does!!

Tom

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

403 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 28, 2019
Last Updated on January 28, 2019
Tags: life, peace, Earth, love, Unity

Author

BlackPrince
BlackPrince

London, East London, United Kingdom



About
I LOVE READING AND WRITING I would encourage all aspiring poets and writers to keep working hard to perfect their craft. Let's not be selfish and self-centred. Let's review each other's work co.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..