Chapter 8: The Aftermath of Chaos

Chapter 8: The Aftermath of Chaos

A Chapter by Blake
"

Ritch tries solving the murder of Jack Terrence

"

 

Chapter Eight

The Aftermath of Chaos

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ritch eavesdropped on his mother while lying in his bed in his room. He could hear what she was saying as she spoke to Dr. Montgomery over the phone in the living room.

 

"....and he had forgotten he had even got in the fight. Does that mean anything?" she asked Dr. Montgomery. A brief period of silence. Then she spoke again: "Okay........okay.......yes....I see. Thank you, Doctor. I appreciate it." He could hear her hang up the phone.

 

Ritch had been trying to remember fighting Terry, but he never succeeded. The last thing he remembered clearly, other than watching the news about Jack Terrence's death, was waking up in the hospital after hallucinating Meko. Everything afterwards until the news of Jack's death was a blur.

 

His mother came into his room, destroying his thoughts.

 

"Dr. Montgomery said that forgetting about your fight was absolutely normal," she said. "Just another one of those symptoms."

 

"How come my medicine didn't help it?" Ritch asked.

 

"Dr. Montgomery said they most likely did help it. But helping it and curing it are two different things." Ritch nodded. He glanced up at her, a signal he wanted her to leave. She understood it and left.

 

"Why is she being so nice to me? I got into a fight," Ritch thought. "Maybe because of my illness? That never stopped her before. Maybe because of Jack's death? Yeah...that's it. That added on to the death of Zach and Meko. She feels sorry for me. Does she actually think I was friends with them?"

 

Ritch felt that feeling in your head when you know you've forgotten something, you just don't know what it is. Except his feeling was more like knowing something he didn't know he knew. It was there in his head, but he'd have to search for it. It was something about Jack's death. And Zach. And Meko. And.....Selina's halloween party.

There were his pieces to the puzzle. Now he'd have to put them together. He couldn't stand handling this feeling inside his head. He had to figure it out. Someone had killed Jack for a reason, and Ritch knew that reason. Or atleast he thought he did.

 

"If someone killed Jack because he was a bully, then that person would also want to kill the other bullies. Jack never bullied anyone alone. He was always with the other guys in the gang," Ritch thought to himself. "Including Terry Vac."

 

Ritch went over to his desk, opened a droor, took out from the droor that year's school yearbook, and snatched a red marker from off the desk. He sat back on his bed and flipped through the pages in the yearbook.

 

He came across a few guys who were bullied by Jack and the others in the gang. He circled their faces with the red marker. When he was done, he had circled nearly fifteen students. While staring at a few of the bullied students, he found Zach Turner's picture. He almost circled it, but he decided not to. He did not feel the need to ruin a picture of a dead person.

 

Ritch's personality changed. And not only that, but his memory changed. He could remember the fight with Terry very clearly. Every punch. Every spit of blood. But he couldn't remember why he had fought him. He also didn't know why he was holding the yearbook and why there were red circles around some students' faces. He put the top back on the marker, tossed it through the air and on to his desk, and tossed the yearbook beside him on the bed.

 

This had happened to Ritch a few times before, losing and gaining memories with every change in personalities. But it had not happened so quickly from one another. It usually took months after losing memory by changing personalities before it happened again. But now, just a few hours.

 

He could remember several things he could not remember before.

I fought Terry......Mom was mad when she got the news about he fight....I went to therapy......I can still remember seeing the news about Jack's death....My phone messed up by the washing machine.....I bought a new phone...I was going to wear a costume to Selina's halloween party.....I was going to wear a costume. What was that costume?

 

Ritch stood and went over to his dresser. He checked all the droors in hopes of finding the costume he was to wear to Selina's party. He couldn't figure out why he didn't wear it, however. Maybe he lost it. Maybe he didn't like it. But he could not find it.

 

He sat back down on the edge of his bed, gathering his thoughts once more. He could hear the light tapping sound of the rain drops beginning to fall from the dark clouds above.

 

***

 

The news reporter said that Zach's body had yet to be found. Suspects had been taken for the murder of Jack Terrence. The whole town was in a state of panic. There was a murderer out there in this small town. No one knew him. But he knew his victims.

It wasn't too long before the rumor that Zach, since his body was never found, was the murderer of Jack Terrence. Zach had all the motive to want him dead. And if that was the case, it was only a matter of time before Terry Vac was found dead as well.



© 2011 Blake


Author's Note

Blake
Be honest with me if you review this, please. :)
I understand this was quite boring. But I thought since it's been so long since I've last written about this novel, I'd write a chapter reminding you of previous events. Forgive the boringness please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not boring at all, Blake. It was very well written. I thought you added a lot of well needed detail in there. It was very epic and suspenseful. I didn't know that Terry was going to die. Jeez! Is everyone going to die? :O You're making me think everyone is going to die!! How dare you!? xD JK! You have a good book here bud.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well done! I loved every second of this. Though you seem to be overusing elipses. You only need three dots to one elipse(sp?). "..."

Anywho, magnificent chapter! I loved it! I'm looking forward to more soon! *hinthint*

Posted 12 Years Ago


very suspensful, I love the dialogue...the part where it starts "Ritches personality changed"...was a bit harsh of a transition...smooth it out a bit make the readers FEEL his changes...: )

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
3 Reviews
Added on September 22, 2011
Last Updated on September 22, 2011


Author

Blake
Blake

MS



About
My name is Blake, like my WC account says... I'm 16 and live in a small town in Mississippi. My birthday is on October 29th. I write stories, books, and poems. I love to express my imagination. I'm.. more..

Writing