The Freaks: Chapter 10 - Love Hurts

The Freaks: Chapter 10 - Love Hurts

A Chapter by Blake
"

Isaac's team of Freaks prepare to rescue the other two Freaks they are after while Gregory regains his powers.

"

Chapter Ten

Love Hurts

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

James

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, bitchs!" Mike called out while staring out the window by his seat. We all turned to look at him unconcernly.

 

"What's up, b***h?" Hector said nonchalantly. Mike ignored this. Hector had just put on his armored outfit, which was the one with orange lining. Mike had the outfit with red lining, appropriately.

 

"It's snowing," Mike said.

 

"And?"

 

"Fire and snow don't mix." Mike turned around and gave us all a wink.

 

Isaac suddenly appeared from the cockpit, obviously not here to solve a dispute.

 

"Okay, listen," Isaac began in his British accent. "We will be landing in nearly ten minutes. I want to give you all a bit of information on the two Freaks we'll be rescuing."

 

Smoke began seeping from out the edges of the door to the small bathroom. The smoke tumbled across the floor towards the front row of seats and began forming Peter's body, wearing the yellow lined outfit he had so desperately asked for.

 

"I'm all ears, Capt'n," Peter said, saluting to Isaac. Isaac gave a hesitant nod and said:

 

"T-thank you, Peter." He pronounced "Peter" like "Peta," which added to his accent. "Anyways, as I was saying, there is a boy and a girl." The hologram image of the two teenagers we had seen earlier appeared beside Isaac.

 

Isaac pointed to the hologram image of the girl with his index finger. "She has the ability to transform her body into pure diamond. A very unique and powerful ability, I must say. Practically indestructible. Thank God she'll be on our side."

 

"Does she have a name?" Elina asked from the seat beside me.

 

"Elizabeth." He paused, as if waiting on another question. There were none, so he continued:

 

"The boy-," he glanced at me, "-has the ability to shoot out lightning. Similar to James here."

 

"I thought you said that there were no Freaks with the same powers," I said curiously.

 

Isaac hesistated and shifted his glasses on his nose. "W-well it is very rare. But it is possible."

 

There was something he wasn't telling me. I could feel it. Almost like the instinct you have when you believe someone is lying to you. But I didn't want to believe in this.

 

"What's the boy's name?" Damion asked from behind me. I had almost forgotten about him. He had remained so quiet recently. I hadn't even noticed him leaving to change into his armored costume, which was one with gray lining.

 

Thinking of this reminded me of Angel. I glanced over at her in the far corner behind everyone else. Her face remained hidden beneath her black hood, not wearing any armor. Just her black robe, concealing her entire body. A few shadows danced around her. Watching her formed goose-bumps on my skin, almost as if there were large yellow eyes glaring at me from her hidden face. The feeling of being watched.

 

"His name is Gregory," Isaac said. I turned back towards the front.

 

"Do these guys have last names?" Mike asked while juggling a few fireballs.

 

"I'm sure they do," Isaac said, glancing back at me. An eerie feeling surged over me. "I do not know them."

 

Liar.

 

"They are both very powerful," Isaac continued, turning away from me. "Hector will be the team leader. I will remain here in the jet. After all, I have no powers. Hector knows what to do." He looked at Hector, hoping he'd give us some reassurring speech.

 

Hector grunted as he peeled off one of his broken fingernails.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gregory

 

 

 

 

 

My back slammed against the stone wall, my spine taking the majority of the impact. I fell to the cold surface of the floor, my chin hitting the ground, forcing me to bite my own tongue. I gazed up at Elizabeth, slowing making her way towards me, her diamond feet clanking against the floor with a slow rhythm.

 

The guards, still aiming their guns at me, stood by and let Elizabeth beat me to a pulp. They must have enjoyed watching the fight, or either they were too afraid to interrupt Elizabeth's course of attacks.

 

I pushed myself up and stood weakly.

 

"I don't want to fight you, Elizabeth," I said, hoping somewhere within her the real Elizabeth could hear me and somehow break free of the bonds that held her back. But that small amount of hope I had for my love to re-emerge quickly vanished when Elizabeth grasped my neck with her crystalline hands and lifted me off the ground.

 

"Yes," she said, her voice sounding like hundreds of knives being thrown together, "You do." She threw me over her head with one swift movement. I yelped and broke through the soft ceiling above us, only to fall through the ceiling again a second later a few yards away.

 

The dust from the ceiling piled on top of my back as I lied motionless on the floor. I coughed and spit out a bit of blood. I looked back up at Elizabeth.

 

I knew what had to be done. I wasn't going to escape powerless. Especially with Elizabeth determined to kill me. I would go to the key to unlock the crown, regain my powers, and fight my way free. Whether it meant fighting Elizabeth or not. I had accepted the fact she was gone, and there was nothing I could do about it.

 

Elizabeth kicked her foot towards my face. I grabbed her ankle before it hit me and twisted her leg, forcing her to the ground.

 

"Sorry bout that," I said as I ran towards the key lying on the floor. Several of the soldiers began firing at me. I knew they were just tranquilizer darts, not meaning any harm but only wanting to knock me out long enough so they could imprison me once again. The darts all missed, some coming so close I could feel the wind of the dart shuffling through my hair.

 

In one swift series of movements, I scooped the key off the ground and ran around the corner to my right, shielded from the darts. I stuck the key in the keyhole on my crown, twisted it, and watched in relief as the crown clattered to the ground.

 

My hands began glowing red. I felt the power surging through my veins. The sound of crackling lightning exploding around me like an aurora. My breaths became deeper and more confident.

 

Red lightning danced across my arms as a slight grin formed on my face.



© 2011 Blake


Author's Note

Blake
Please ignore grammar problems. I would like your opinions on how you think the story is progressing. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I loved how James thinks there's something going on with Isaac. It brings more suspense to the characters. I loved how you left us with a great cliffhanger too. Plus, you added more onto the book and you said you didn't want to. I can't wait for more, Blakey! :)

~Lizzy~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

you're a unique writer coz you've got a unique ability..
.....just keep it up!!!....

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really great i love it ... when i was finished reading it i just wanted to keep reading because it is so good

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

again the story is a cliff hanger can't wait for the next chapter and the story is great..... ^^,

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved how James thinks there's something going on with Isaac. It brings more suspense to the characters. I loved how you left us with a great cliffhanger too. Plus, you added more onto the book and you said you didn't want to. I can't wait for more, Blakey! :)

~Lizzy~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Im so glad he got away from her...you always leave us hanging in suspense and I hateee it! lol I wanna know wat happens, I cant wait for more this is one of my fav stories so far : ) xoxo
Im sooo ur number one fann haha

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very good Blake! You have a great sense of characterization. You really know how to build a story! Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

602 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 17, 2011
Last Updated on October 17, 2011
Tags: Superhuman, superpowers


Author

Blake
Blake

MS



About
My name is Blake, like my WC account says... I'm 16 and live in a small town in Mississippi. My birthday is on October 29th. I write stories, books, and poems. I love to express my imagination. I'm.. more..

Writing