Every Other April

Every Other April

A Story by Nici

 

 

 

Today, I think about you, miss you, want you, love you. That’s not out of the ordinary, but the thoughts are profoundly different. Starker. A world peeled naked in remembering; even during the act, everything trembles. I remember every word, no matter how small. Every look. Every touch. Every way you made me smile, dream, and live. It's still fresh in my memory, even if the memory’s aged.

Today, I think about you, just like every other April. I feel the same trepidation, the same excitement, the same dreaming sense of possibility. The only difference is that today the storms are waging a noisy war. The world seems to be rebelling, as everything comes together in a crash of lightening and fear. I can relate, and certainly to more than just the trembling.

Back then, it was a pretty prism summer day. All blue skies and sun, but just windy enough for a jacket. You helped me put mine on, and we went for a walk. It was such a simple thing. It was such a complicated culmination. That day, everything changed. That day, we ended what we were and became something else.

And I’ve never been the same since. I wonder if either of us will ever recover.

© 2009 Nici


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
Added on April 21, 2009
Last Updated on April 21, 2009

Author

Nici
Nici

Glasgow, United Kingdom



About
Just another girl with secrets behind her eyes. I haven't written in a while-but I'm getting into the habit again. For now I'm just a professional procrastinator. more..

Writing
Fire Fire

A Poem by Nici


One Day Diary One Day Diary

A Story by Nici