One Day Diary

One Day Diary

A Story by Nici

 

I see a dusky window in my dream. It’s frosted, but I can see through it. Shapes blur this glass, familiar, yet detached. I creep closer to this pane, creating condensation with my cold breath. I see familiar faces smiling through the glass that separates us. I see my best friend, seemingly sullen, with an unknown figure. But as the figure turns towards the thin veil I hide behind, I see my friend’s face light up. It’s a picture worth a thousand words. Compassionate, loving, fleeting…right?

I see the face of the unknown figure. The boy that darts through my dreams nightly, while entrancing me throughout the day. Sculpted in a way of beauty, yet with flaws that seemed only to empower him further. I smoulder under his gaze, awaiting his smile to reach the one that was now growing upon me. But his eyes don’t register me. I start to wonder if anyone can see me through this glass.

I press my hand against the pane, feeling the moisture on my fingertips. The gaze I want to have upon me has reached my friend. Her pessimistic expression has already suddenly changed into one of sanctity as she registers the figures presence. I claw at the glass, suddenly feeling lived.

My nails dig into the pain harder as the seconds pass, creating scratches that only I can see. They are shallow, not growing deeper as I dug harder, awaiting a sudden crack of glass. But on closer inspection, the glass is growing thicker with each nick. It’s suddenly growing at an alarming rate, caving in on me, and I scream out, desperately awaiting the help of my friends. They all seem to turn, as if they heard me, but see nothing. Their eyes skim past my face as I scream, backing into a shallow corner of sullen disparities.

The glass is pressing on me, pushing me further backwards. My fingers are no longer riddled with moisture, but with perspiration. As I try and push the thickening glass back, my hands continually slip and flail on the looking glass. The frost on the pane then clears, and I scream out again. This time, they notice me. A thousand bodies rushing towards the glass, fingers outlining the grazes I made, reaching out for me.

But the glass darkens, smog from a candle, and I fade in my corner.

© 2009 Nici


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on June 8, 2009
Last Updated on June 8, 2009

Author

Nici
Nici

Glasgow, United Kingdom



About
Just another girl with secrets behind her eyes. I haven't written in a while-but I'm getting into the habit again. For now I'm just a professional procrastinator. more..

Writing
Fire Fire

A Poem by Nici