Wasting Away

Wasting Away

A Poem by BlankCypher
"

May trigger emotions for some people. It did for me.

"
Imagine your mental state as a projection of yourself.
Do you think you're wasting away?

Can you see the anguished scars of memories,
painted across your body like a mural of twisted decisions?

Does it make you sick to see the pain you've felt?
That which you have kept buried in the crypt of self deprecation
you call your heart?

I want you to step forward, 
cross the line you once drew.
The line you swore to always uphold until the day of your sweet death.

Embrace yourself.
I want you to hold yourself the way that you wish you were being held when you felt that pain.

You may feel alone sometimes,
but always know that failing support from anyone else.
The greatest support can be yourself.

© 2014 BlankCypher


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is incredibly strong and I can tell that it's heartfelt and passionate. I won't lie - I really needed this. For the only person who has stuck around with you through all of it is yourself. You are the person who dragged your body out of bed, who fed you when you didn't want to eat, who held you when you were crying. Truly, truly beautiful message.
One thing, and one thing only. You may want to look again at the punctuation in the final stanza, as the sentence feels incomplete. Perhaps replace the period with a comma, and make "failing support from anyone else" a separate clause. Other than that, fantastic job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nicely done and well said BlankCypher!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This poem is very good. I love how it just pulls me into it within its depths. Also I like how this poem is just pure honesty since you don't sugar coat it which in my opinion when a person doesn't sugar coat things it means that they have the respect for you to tell you the honest yet painful truth. And like how at the end it give people who feel this way that even if they don't have anyone to support them, they have themselves to support them.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A gripping poem with severe depth. It clutches the reader immediately due to it's lack of beating around the bush. It's to the point and concise and personal from an impersonal standpoint. Good work.

SLOVA

Posted 9 Years Ago


soo deep, filled with meaning and emotions a very strong and great piece
Thanks for sharing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Love the depth of the questions you pose. It really gets the wheels turning.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Love the meaning!
Keep it up!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This story is to the point,and describes exactly how humans feel. We truly are our own greatest support. Only we know deep down inside exactly the feelings that we have gone through in our journey through this life.
Sharon Krager

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is incredibly strong and I can tell that it's heartfelt and passionate. I won't lie - I really needed this. For the only person who has stuck around with you through all of it is yourself. You are the person who dragged your body out of bed, who fed you when you didn't want to eat, who held you when you were crying. Truly, truly beautiful message.
One thing, and one thing only. You may want to look again at the punctuation in the final stanza, as the sentence feels incomplete. Perhaps replace the period with a comma, and make "failing support from anyone else" a separate clause. Other than that, fantastic job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! This is packed with emotions. I could feel and understand the pain in this.
Deep and has a strong meaning. I love the ending. Sometimes all we ever need is to love ourself. We fail but its a part of life. Sometimes we feel alone but we should realize there is so much out there waiting for us and that we are not alone. "The world is not a wish granting factory" Sometimes bad things happen, but thats life.
Great job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is such a beautiful poem and I am telling you it made me bawl my eyes out. I cried so much and I felt the pain you were talking about! This has now got to be one of my 10 favorite poems!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

BlankCypher

9 Years Ago

Awh well I'm glad you could relate to it so well! :D
xhannyx

9 Years Ago

Yes I did(: thank you for this poem!
BlankCypher

9 Years Ago

No problem at all :D

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

723 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 18, 2014
Last Updated on November 18, 2014

Author

BlankCypher
BlankCypher

Athlone, Ireland



About
19 years old, musician and poet by trade, I don't really do much else/ I absolutely love music and writing, creativity is life. I have been writing poetry any time that I need to for roughly 5/6.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..