Wasting Away

Wasting Away

A Poem by BlankCypher
"

May trigger emotions for some people. It did for me.

"
Imagine your mental state as a projection of yourself.
Do you think you're wasting away?

Can you see the anguished scars of memories,
painted across your body like a mural of twisted decisions?

Does it make you sick to see the pain you've felt?
That which you have kept buried in the crypt of self deprecation
you call your heart?

I want you to step forward, 
cross the line you once drew.
The line you swore to always uphold until the day of your sweet death.

Embrace yourself.
I want you to hold yourself the way that you wish you were being held when you felt that pain.

You may feel alone sometimes,
but always know that failing support from anyone else.
The greatest support can be yourself.

© 2014 BlankCypher


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is incredibly strong and I can tell that it's heartfelt and passionate. I won't lie - I really needed this. For the only person who has stuck around with you through all of it is yourself. You are the person who dragged your body out of bed, who fed you when you didn't want to eat, who held you when you were crying. Truly, truly beautiful message.
One thing, and one thing only. You may want to look again at the punctuation in the final stanza, as the sentence feels incomplete. Perhaps replace the period with a comma, and make "failing support from anyone else" a separate clause. Other than that, fantastic job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is wonderful, BlankCypher! I love this poem, I love deep, meaningful poems that come from the heart, this poem was so nice, I can completely relate to this piece, which strengthened my understanding of it all the more. Very good writing, keep it up!

Posted 9 Years Ago


BlankCypher

9 Years Ago

Thanks man, it's the kind of thing that just comes straight from life you know? :)
Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Yeah, great work!
This is a beautiful poem. The imagery in this is wonderful, and the way it is written is really to make the reader think, which is one of my favorite things about it! Another awesome one. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


BlankCypher

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :D
Wow, This is amazing work. It was so strong!

Posted 9 Years Ago


BlankCypher

9 Years Ago

Thank you! I put a lot of effort and feeling into this one!
BlankCypher, How does the addressed of the poem "Cross the line [he or she/they/ we/or I] once drew?

I see that in the Irish tongue I see that 'do chorp' means 'your body' an interesting spelling 'do' means you and chorp like body/core/corps. I have to be very selecting w/ my words of translation because today I am trying to study Danish (Danes: 'handske(n)' means 'glove'; 'dyreven' means' animal lover'

I would like to call up our Irish words for heart, very strange to understand how the translation informs this:

croí........................heart, body, fulcrum, life
ceirtlín....................head, heart
misneach..................bottle, heart, hope, morale, pluck, strength
uchtach...................heart, pluck, strength
hart........................heart

This is where it brings me, How does the addressed of the poem "Cross the line [x] once drew?

Posted 9 Years Ago


The story of many :-)nicely done.a simple one unlike your previous works.

Posted 9 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

723 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 18, 2014
Last Updated on November 18, 2014

Author

BlankCypher
BlankCypher

Athlone, Ireland



About
19 years old, musician and poet by trade, I don't really do much else/ I absolutely love music and writing, creativity is life. I have been writing poetry any time that I need to for roughly 5/6.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..