Not Enough Pages

Not Enough Pages

A Poem by BlankCypher
"

I had an odd rant about myself about my inability to understand things. This came out as a result.

"
There are not enough pages in order to describe anything at all.
Everything has so much meaning, stuck in hiding amongst the mundane and obvious.
Take nothing at face value no matter the lies spread in contrast.
Look beneath the surface to the place wherein lies the true vices of personality.
The surface looks are a vicious trap,
made to catch the blind and ignorant.
Those with the faith to trust in all without question.
Please don't be caught in the trap.
Avoid it as best as you can, using all means at your disposal.
Be more than they expect from you, 
 and only those who are worth it will notice.

© 2014 BlankCypher


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You write with so much passion and so beautifully. Each line is so honest and obvious!
"Everything has so much meaning, stuck in hiding amongst the mundane and obvious."
Yes, we all don't know the truth that lies behind everything. We all are just too busy to know the real truth.
I like the description :)
Great job, again!

Posted 9 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love this one as well! You're right, there's not enough pages to explain everything in the world. Trust me I try to figure out how to put everything on one page, so I won't bore the reader out of their mind when they see pages after pages afterwards. Great write and keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Heartful5160

8 Years Ago

Please continue writing! Practice makes perfect, my friend! I find myself being like that sometimes .. read more
BlankCypher

8 Years Ago

I wholeheartedly agree ^_^ thanks again for reading :D
Heartful5160

8 Years Ago

Your more than welcome!
Hope someday I can write such nice poetry.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Another wonderful poem from you, I always enjoy reading your creations and try to learn.
Thank you for sharing...:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


i love the complicated deep thoughts and feelings you put into this poem thanks soo much for sharing this amazing piece

Posted 9 Years Ago


"The surface looks are a vicious trap....."

Yes, very true. And anybody who looks way down the rabbit hole, deep past the surface can see all the things that lay ahead for one who leaps into the trap blindly...or ignorantly. However, that makes life a little bit more challenging for the individual with a sight so abnormally great in its viewing. Those that don't ask questions, have to learn. Those who know the answers to the questions, do not need to. They (we) are looking for something more.

This now goes back to how you started your rant. When you have questions you can drive yourself into loops and twists and turns until you are disoriented and in a completely different place from where you started. The only thing that remains constant is your mind. Your mind will still be ping ponging until you've had enough. Could one really write forever though, could one out-word the paper of the trees with questions, explanations, excuses, reasons, and new or old ideas? That is the question that came up.

All in all, this was a good intellectual piece of writing. Good for any thinker to take a look at and break down.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I feel like I might have said something like this to a person once, and why contemplate. For this... our frustration impels, figuring out what we've been told why what that means "Those with the faith to trust in all without question" look at the surface looks, a service to others? no se, sometimes we need to smile, then we don't. If everyone is smiling all the time, we confuse. (I have to think about this what it means.) Why people should look how they feel or figure out how they want to look if unaware or aware of looks but everyone has different exposure to ways people move!!! Yay, one would think this would not be a problem of war or prosperity. Not every family or person grows up looking at people, dancing with the coordination, sometimes it has to do with whether or not a person studied this or that. Do they look at drawings in abstraction or are they taught to look at landscape; are they interested w/ what is in the book, or do they not have modesty? How is modesty, it's going to vary somewhat, not entirely and what exactly is it, does it mean people should not walk around in nature with a swimsuit? People have all kinds of rules about this and the original reasons or purposes for the rules is at variance w/ certain rules once people have broken them. I do not advocate a lack of ruling but these are lines drawn; and then, why we had the rules gets people to a certain mark, whatever. The words have to be borrowed sometimes.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I love the deep insight and thought you put into the poem. Simply a great compilation of feeling and ideas in one piece. LOVE IT!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This well put together, nicely done, well written and WELL SAID!

This poem contain such a driven emotion conjure with power.

Posted 9 Years Ago


You are right, everything does have too much meaning, or as I always say: Most things are not as they seem, because they have limitless depth. Very good work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your writing is so earnest and driven - I simply love it. This is very relatable too. The structure is great, with an absolute truth strung throughout. There are so many interpretations, so many truths that may or may not be correct all at once. I felt that you were commenting on those "pure" souls, those who are naïve and want to see the good and bright in everything, and thus are vulnerable to being "caught in the trap". But that's just me. One meaning found among the many others.

And I can't leave my thoughts on this without commenting on your opening line. I wish I knew how to put this into words, but that line really resonates with me. It reads like a quote from one of the great philosophers or artists. Just beautiful.

Great work, again! I have to say, I'm coming to envy your skill. ;)

Posted 9 Years Ago


BlankCypher

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much! It really means a lot :)
I am really glad that you could relate so easily w.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

687 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 19, 2014
Last Updated on November 19, 2014

Author

BlankCypher
BlankCypher

Athlone, Ireland



About
19 years old, musician and poet by trade, I don't really do much else/ I absolutely love music and writing, creativity is life. I have been writing poetry any time that I need to for roughly 5/6.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Defiant Defiant

A Poem by Colton Warr