Chapter one: Van

Chapter one: Van

A Chapter by Sylph Drake
"

Introductions!

"
          "Hero!" I heard as my nickname was shouted at me from down the hallway, the instant I walked through the door.  "Hero, Van!  Van, There you are!"
          "Whoa, where's the fire Kate?" I asked, startled by her reaction.  "Did I miss something?  Is school ending early?"  Well, one can hope.
          "No, but you've GOT to hear what Goggles saw!"  Darnit.  She grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me back the way she had come.
          "This had better be big."  I said, rubbing my wrist where she'd been holding it.  That girl may not look tough, but she's got a pretty dang tight grip.
          "It is, it is!"  she said excitedly.  "Dax!  Dax, over here, I found her!"
          And here came scrawny little Goggles, squeezing through the crowd -- which was only around him this early in the morning.  Maybe something actually happened for once.
          "I saw one!"  he said, clearly our of breath from excitement.  "One of those things we were talking about yesterday!"  He was almost jumping up and down with excitement, and for once in his life, he was actually wearing his goggles like he was supposed to -- you know, since they're his glasses and all that jazz.
          "Um, wait what?" I said, sounding so smart.
          "Those weird people!  The ones made of Electricity!"  At which point I remembered the conversation, which had pretty much been like the one about Bigfoot the day before yesterday, only with another subject.  "The ones who've been sneaking into all those big places and not taking anything!  Only this one took something this time.  He was in our town!  How cool is THAT?!?!"
           "Wait, somebody snuck into something in OUR town, took something, and got away with it?" I said, somewhat bewildered by the idea that OUR tiny little random town could get robbed.  oh wait, Goggles lives in the next town over...
           "Yeah!"  he said, even more excitedly.  " And he had white hair, and this computery thing strapped to his arm, and he made the computer open the door without touching it and he glowed in the dark!  Isn't that AWESOME?!?"
           "Dax, you said he took something." I said, now curious and somewhat frightened.  "What was it?"
           "I dunno, but when I went back to check this morning, the lawn was all torn, like someone had dragged a cart over it."
           Wait... "Which lawn?"
           "Oh, just the back lawn of the hospital."  he said.  Oh.  JUST the hospital.
            I felt a chill run down my spine at the thought of what somebody could be taking out of a hospital that would need a cart and decided I was going to need to stop watching scary movies.  Which I don't actually do.
            "Hey, Van."  somebody said, grabbing my shoulder.  I stiffened at the touch. "Whoa, you okay?"
            "Oh!"  I said, relaxing as I turned around.  "Hi Dane."
            "Sup?"  He asked with a sly smile.
            He needs to stop being so smug that he knows i have a crush on him.
            "Not much." I said, blushing over a grin.


© 2010 Sylph Drake


Author's Note

Sylph Drake
No, it's NOT done. How could you TELL?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Keep writing. or else Myangeleze will not be pleased. (Inside joke.)

Posted 13 Years Ago


That's good keep going I'm liking it

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2010
Last Updated on August 9, 2010


Author

Sylph Drake
Sylph Drake

A small town you've never heard of before, and never will again, ID



About
I'm a poet, an artist, and sculptor, but lately I'm mostly a fantasy writer. I'm highly satirical, and I tend to get a bit too far into my characters heads, so if it seems like another person is writ.. more..

Writing