And So It Begins

And So It Begins

A Chapter by Sylph Drake
"

Well what does it SAY?

"
          He awoke being gently shaken.
          "Nathaniel?" his little sister whispered.  "Nathaniel, are you awake?"
          He grumbled and rolled over.
          "Nathaniel, please, wake up."
          Nathaniel Valentine sat up with a sigh.
          "What's up Lexi?" he mumbled, rubbing his eye with the heel of his hand.
         "Mom and Dad are out hunting again." she said, holding her stuffed rabbit tighter. "I'm scared, Nathaniel."
          "Lexi." he sighed exasperatedly.  "They're doing this so you don't have to be scared."
          "I know." she whispered, burying her face in her rabbit.  "Can I sleep in here with you?"
          Nathaniel sighed.
          There's no arguing with Alexia Valentine when she gets like this.
          "C'mon, up ya come."  He said, lifting her up beside him.  He wrapped his arms around her as she settled down.
          She was asleep so fast, it was incredible.
          "I'll protect you."  he whispered in the silence.  "No matter what happens, I'll save you."
          Truer words have never been spoken.
________________________________________________

          The father closed the door with a nearly inaudible click before removing his gear and softly placing it in the hall closet.
          "Darren," said the mother from their son's doorway.  "Darren, come here.  Look at this."
          Darren Valentine came, slow, silent, and expectant.
          There were both of their children, their son holding their daughter protectively, even in his sleep.
          "He's just so..."she whispered lovingly.
          "Noble."  he finished.  "I swear, that boy could make vampiracy look noble, Deidra."
          "If I ever meet a vampire as simply good as our son," she said, draping her gear around her husbands neck,  "I vow , right now, to give up the hunt."
          Little did she know...


© 2010 Sylph Drake


Author's Note

Sylph Drake
Be honest, folks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

interesting for sure... its always a challenge to continue the legacy of vampires and yet make original in your own story. i'm always interested to see how other writers put a twist on their plot. i plan to read on.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Added on August 19, 2010
Last Updated on August 22, 2010


Author

Sylph Drake
Sylph Drake

A small town you've never heard of before, and never will again, ID



About
I'm a poet, an artist, and sculptor, but lately I'm mostly a fantasy writer. I'm highly satirical, and I tend to get a bit too far into my characters heads, so if it seems like another person is writ.. more..

Writing