Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Heartbeat

Heartbeat

A Story by Sylph Drake
"

The heart is the storm, and it's beat is thunder.

"
Thunder.
The ominous pounding of thunder within my own chest.  The pain of sheer, stubborn willpower forcing my heart to beat.
The heart will not stop.
It refuses.
It is as lightning -- the declaration of the sky that it will not be commanded.
Despite all odds, it continues.
We are simple people to believe it will simply stop because we cannot see why it should continue.  Every heart knows more than our minds will ever learn. 
We are whispers, and they are thunder.
A whisper may end when we finish speaking, but thunder will roll until it finds it's own reasons to end.
We are not the ones to end the thunder.

© 2011 Sylph Drake


Author's Note

Sylph Drake
Um yeah, another thing I wrote early in the morning... as in, 2 Am.
Not sure what to expect when I read it in the morning...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

http://poeticvoice.ning.com/

We are an online writing community that provides writers with the feedback, motivation, and advice needed to achieve their writing goals.The Poetic Voice Community is fast and easy to join, and you will not get lost in it's easy maneuvering features. We here at Poetic Voice also hope to grow as a community of friends. Our intention, and wish is to learn and share with others. Basically we believe an open mind, and heart can promote growth. We hope to gain an understanding that can stretch and reach around the world.


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Added on April 2, 2011
Last Updated on April 2, 2011

Author

Sylph Drake
Sylph Drake

A small town you've never heard of before, and never will again, ID



About
I'm a poet, an artist, and sculptor, but lately I'm mostly a fantasy writer. I'm highly satirical, and I tend to get a bit too far into my characters heads, so if it seems like another person is writ.. more..

Writing