Only a Moment of Summer

Only a Moment of Summer

A Story by Sylph Drake
"

Just something I had to write, because I needed to do something creative before school kills me in the last week

"
     I close my eyes, and I can feel the warm breeze.  Even with the sun gone down, it's warmth lingers.  the chill of night has not yet crept into this moment.  The grass is soft and damp beneath my feet.  The storms have washed it clean, but here, in this calm hiatus, the water is the only trace of them.
     With a sigh, I breath in the scents of the night.  Pine.  Grass.  The apple trees across the street.  Mother's cherry tree has begun to blossom.  Always a late bloomer, that one.
     When I open my eyes, the first star comes into view.  Succumbing to a childish whim, I close my eyes once more, and make a wish.
     I wish life could always be as calm and simple as this moment.
     No petty people to please.
     No work needing to be done before you can breath.
     No pain.
     Only the wind, and the trees, and the calm, cool flicker of a summer night's wishing star.

© 2011 Sylph Drake


Author's Note

Sylph Drake
It was literally 11:40 P.M. Be kind.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love it! It is so beautiful, simple, yet elegant. Your voice flows so well! Keep writing Sylph.



Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
1 Review
Added on May 16, 2011
Last Updated on May 16, 2011

Author

Sylph Drake
Sylph Drake

A small town you've never heard of before, and never will again, ID



About
I'm a poet, an artist, and sculptor, but lately I'm mostly a fantasy writer. I'm highly satirical, and I tend to get a bit too far into my characters heads, so if it seems like another person is writ.. more..

Writing