The Man of my Dreams

The Man of my Dreams

A Poem by Bliss
"

I wrote this for the new girlfriend of my ex-boyfriend at the time.

"

The man of my dreams is dreaming of you and my tears are falling fast, it seems that his love is only for you, so I'm letting go at last.

 

He's my soul, my every breath, the only one I see and I will love him to the death, so please do this for me.

 

Don't break his heart, don't make him cry, and please, whatever you do, don't take the stars out of his eyes and prove your love is true.

 

Tell him often the beauty of his smile and warm him with a kiss, tell him you love him once in a while and fullfill his every wish.

 

Out of everything I'll ever need, he's the one thing I'll never touch, but my heart won't let me live in greed, no matter that it hurts so much.

 

So take my love and hold him tight, never let him go. Keep him happy and treat him right and always let it show.

© 2008 Bliss


Author's Note

Bliss
So sad :(

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes it is sad, Yossi

Posted 15 Years Ago


What a wonderful expresion of self-less love, how true love can be. True, it is sad to "let go" but, it would be more sad to hold on to the cutting edge of the blade. The scheme was enjoyable to follow, the words chosen well.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Simply put, this is love. Beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


this was very nice and comforting.. i think it had a nice structure

Posted 15 Years Ago


I read this and grow jealous of the feeling the words convey. I hope to have someone feel this strongly about me someday. And .... if I'm lucky ... I'll reciprocate. *sigh*

Posted 15 Years Ago


This was such a emotional and sad piece. I wrote something like this for my ex husband's new woman, but it wasn't this sweet... lol Beautiful write ; )

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is precious and yes, sad. Letting go is very difficult, but your selflessness is the greatest gift you can ever give to those you love.

Beautiful portrayal of unconditional love.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Thank You for all of the kind words. I really appreciate it :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Selflessly beautiful. I find myself astounded in your words. Life shall balance out with all its seesaw like motions. good luck and god bless.

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is beautifully written, filled with loss & heart-break. i commend you for telling this new lady to take care of him. it shows how much you truelly loved him. very moving & touching poem. well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 22, 2008

Author

Bliss
Bliss

Rosebud, MT



About
My name is *Bliss*. I write for the same reason that I breathe....if I didn't, I would die. I am a wife and a mother living in a log cabin on a ranch in Montana. I am the secret fantasy of a woman in.. more..

Writing
The Fight The Fight

A Poem by Bliss


Dirty Games Dirty Games

A Poem by Bliss


Fantasies Fantasies

A Poem by Bliss



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Panther Panther

A Poem by April Child