LIfe.

LIfe.

A Story by 0_o Abbie

A baby is born. It's a girl. Her father holds her and just stares at the most beautiful baby he's ever seen. This is his world now. This is his life.

--

A small child sits staring up at the TV. A young man and woman are kissing. She stares. Well, that's gross. She thinks. He just put his tongue in her mouth. Who would do that?

--

A girl starts school. It's her very first day. She looks around at her classmates. So many kids. So many boys. She looks around and thinks, I'm supposed to like boys now. I have to pick one to have a crush on.

--

A girl stands in the bathroom talking with her friends. She's now in 3rd grade. They're talking about another girl who kissed a boy under the slide. A girl listens in wonder. What's it like to kiss a boy? I wonder if I'll like a boy one day.

--

A pre-teen girl stands in a group of her friends and smiles as the boy she likes speaks up. She likes his voice. And his height. She likes his hair and his smile. She's never had these feelings before and doesn't understand them. She doesn't get why every time she looks at this boy her heart jumps.

--

A pre-teen girl sits crying in a corner. He found out. He knows she likes him. It's the end of the world. Nothing will ever be the same. He'll never talk to her again. She cries herself to sleep.

--

A girl stares at the boy she used to think she loved. How could he do this? She heard his words in her head. 'Go away or I'll tell your little secret.'. A girl went away and didn't come back for 2 years. She promises her self never to care about him again.

--

A teenage girl stands next to the boy she'd promised herself she'd never care about again. His words shock her. "You know you have every right to hate me.".

She looks at him and feels herself break. She does care about him, "I don't hate you.".

He looks up, she thinks for a moment she sees hope in his eyes, "You don't?".

A girl smiles and shakes her head. She wills herself to say the words that never leave her mind. 'In fact just the opposite.' But he never hears these words.

--

A girl moves away. She cries every night until she has no more tears because she can't see that boy she promised she'd never care about. She remembers his every word with utter clarity. She replays their conversations over and over again, like a scene from a movie. She makes sure she never forgets his face. She feels her heart ache inside her chest.

--

A girl is alone. Alone in her room. She misses that boy she promised never to care about. She wishes he was here. Here just to talk to her. To joke with her. But he's not and she's tired of all the pain. She does something that she regrets for the rest of her life.

--

A girl sits at her desk trying to pay attention but all she can think about is the scar on her wrist. Her friend comes to her desk and asks, "So, how are you?". A girl smiles and lies, "I'm good. You?". She lied more times than she could count that day.

--

A girl sits in her dad's office, tears streak her face.

"When?" He asks.

She sniffles. "Last night." She almost laughs. She didn't even last a whole day.

"With what?"

"Scissors."

A girl is ashamed. But she knows this will not be the last time. Even as she wants it to be she know it won't. She's started a war. A war that can't be won in a single battle. She wonders if she'll even win at all. One day her blood might spill out in whole.

"I'm not mad. I did it too when I was a kid." Her father continues.

A girl laughs sourly in her mind. But your life sucked. Mine's perfect.

--

A girl stomps up the stairs. Holding back the sobs. She just fought with her father. She was wrong and she knows it. But it doesn't matter now. Her life is done for. Her dad told her to clean out her room. She knows she won't. She runs into a table in the second floor's main room. She looks at the table and eyes the scissors. She's lost that battle.

--

"If you want pain, just come tell me! I'll beat you with a wooden spoon!" A girl's mother says. Her voice is low, but a girl knows she's angry. "This is no different than if you hurt your sister. And I will wear you out child!"

A girl tries not to smirk. She finds this funny because she knows her mom is serious and a girl hasn't been spanked in 5 years.

"I will strip you down to an underwear search! Never do this again!" Her mother continues.

A girl knows she will never do it again. The guilt just isn't worth it. She realizes now just how much it hurts her parents. They don't deserve it. She looks up and looks her father in the eye. "I will never do it again." Yet a single doubt crosses her mind. Can the war be won in two battles?

--

A girl wonders what the boy she promised never to care about will think. He would never do something as stupid as that, and she knows it. She wonders if there'll even be scars for him to see. She wants to see him again. She needs him even if he doesn't need her. She needs his smile and his weird stained hair. She needs him to insult her, call her by the nickname of no one else. HM for high maintenance. She loves that name just because it's special to her. She remembers the day his uncle died. The way he cried. Her heart broke for him that day. She knows she'll never love another the way she loves him. She's sure she'll love again but he'll always be different. A girl smiles herself to sleep.

--

A girl breaths out.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Her Best Friend's slightly staticy voice.

A girl readjusts her grip on the phone pressed to her ear. "The other day..." She breaths out again, her heart is pounding. "I... I grabbed a pair of scissors and slit my wrist. Then the other day when I got in a fight with my dad I did it again."

"Are there scars?"

A girl breaths, no anger or disappointment in her Best Friend's voice. "Well right now but I doubt it'll leave any scars."

--

© 2011 0_o Abbie


Author's Note

0_o Abbie
I changed this into a book. Putting each different time into a chapter. The last thing you read would be chapter 16 in the book. Book's called A Girl.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I teared

Posted 13 Years Ago


very well structured and written great. awesome start

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this one. Could be my new favourite out of all your writing. I lke how it tells a story leaving out gaps of time inbetween each event. Very well written :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2011
Last Updated on April 7, 2011

Author

0_o Abbie
0_o Abbie

TX



About
**Notice. Hi there. If you wanna be my friend then message me, talk to me, don't just send my a request. :D Thanks!** I'm just a teenage girl with tons of stories in my head with a little trouble g.. more..

Writing
Fluffy Fluffy

A Poem by 0_o Abbie