Battle of the Wills.

Battle of the Wills.

A Story by 0_o Abbie
"

Classic me and my dad.

"
I looked up and saw my mom crossing in front of the car. I grabbed my bag as my sister pulled open the back door that lead to the seat behind the drivers. The seat that held my dad. My mother was now standing outside the door. "Okay chickadee."

I opened the door and stepped out. Giving the seat to my mother. Who's rank as mother gave her automatic front seat privileges. I didn't really mind. As soon as I got in the backseat I would entertain myself by irritating my younger sister, Hannah. As I opened the door. I realized there was a problem. The door wouldn't open enough for me to get in because a telephone pole was in the way. I stepped towards the open window and said. "Hey pull up a few inches will ya?"

My dad obliged in his classic style by not only pulling up a few inches but pulling up a few yards and crossing the street. I frowned. I scolded myself for not seeing it coming and planted my hands on my hips. This had turned into a battle of the wills. I was not going to walk over to the car, and he was not going to come back and get me. I figured he'd win eventually but there was no point in making it easy for him.

I waited. Tapping my foot for about 15 minutes. I got tired of standing and sat on the curb. I layed my head on my knees and waited another 15 minutes. I looked up and was surprised as I saw my father pulling away from the curb and onto the road. A slight tinge of worry hit me and I shook it off. No possible way, my father, the one that won't let me out of his sight for 5 minutes, was going to leave me. No possible way. I smiled and let my head set in my lap once again. About 5 minutes later I turned my head to the other side and was surprised to see the car waiting about the same distance it had been on the other side.

I began laughing and waved. And just my luck some teenage Hispanic guy riding a bike in a wife beater comes around the corner and waves back. Responding to a wave that wasn't meant for him. I cursed myself. This was the second time I'd done this in the past 3 months. I looked away and put my head back into my knees hoping he would ride on by and not bother me. Which he did. Although I did catch "guera" (i really don't know how it's spelled but it pronounced goo-er-a) as he rode by. Guera being the Spanish word referring to a light skinned person, or a blonde person. I assumed he was talking about me, seeing I was the only one around, and made sure I kept my eyes down.

I felt safe, my dad was only a few yards away. I looked around. I must have been like 40 minutes now. I looked at my dad and began laughing at our stubbornness. I saw my mom and sister's door open and thought for a moment they were going to drag me back to the car so we could get on with our errand running day. But instead they crossed the street and entered another building. I smiled at my dad, and after making sure no one would mistake it, I waved. I couldn't be sure but I think he ignored me. The sun was reflecting off his window and I couldn't see his face.

I looked around I was getting very bored. I sighed and figured I'd mess with him a little bit. I stood and walked across the street, going to the store.

"Abbie!"

I turned and looked back at him.

"Get in the car."

I shook my head.

"Get in the car." He called louder.

I walked to the car and stuck my head in the window. "But I can't get in the car dad."

He looked up from his iphone where he'd been playing games and asked, "Well why not?"

"Because that would mean I lose."

He smiled. "Get in the car."

I shook my head. "No. I don't think I will. But my bag is getting a bit heavy." I made to open the car door.

"No!" He said quickly trying to lock the door.

But I got it open first. I set my bad inside and said. "I'm gonna go to the store for a drink."

"No. I don't want you out of my sight."

I narrowed my eyes and came to his window. "Says the man who left me and drove around the block."

"Only because I had to. Now get in the car." He was getting serious now. I hated how he never played fair.

I sighed and got into the car.

"You can go to the store if you get me something too."

I stared at the back of his seat. Unbelievable.

© 2011 0_o Abbie


Author's Note

0_o Abbie
This is my dad. Enjoy. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

:) Cute. I like the way you think. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


HAHAH. i love your stories...theyre great. and your dad is hilarious :) you know he answers ur moms phone like every time i call, with a lady's voice? trying to trick me...

Posted 12 Years Ago


ahaha, this is so simple, yet clearly amusing. your relationship with your dad is pretty good, for him to wait 40 minutes in the car :D i had a good time reading this

Posted 12 Years Ago


talented with a breaking narrative, a most excellent piece, revolved around love, emotion and angst, well done, good read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


hahaha i liked this. it was funny (:

Posted 12 Years Ago


LOL wow thats pretty funny.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

484 Views
6 Reviews
Added on April 16, 2011
Last Updated on April 16, 2011

Author

0_o Abbie
0_o Abbie

TX



About
**Notice. Hi there. If you wanna be my friend then message me, talk to me, don't just send my a request. :D Thanks!** I'm just a teenage girl with tons of stories in my head with a little trouble g.. more..

Writing
Fluffy Fluffy

A Poem by 0_o Abbie


Obsolete Obsolete

A Story by 0_o Abbie