Remember?

Remember?

A Story by Thief Lord Alex
"

Just something I wanted to say.

"

 

Have you every had a moment where you remember something and it makes you cry? You cry not because of the memory but because you ever forgot it in the first place? I had one of those moments today.
 
I was walking through the basement looking for something to do and I noticed that there was a shelf that I never took the time to look through. I had always known the shelf was there but I didn’t really know what was on it. So I took some time to go through it.
 
The shelf was nothing but cassettes, probably about 30 or so. Most of them were religious tapes from back when my mom was really into the whole church thing. Even though I can’t remember the last time I listened to some of those tapes, I still remember a lot of the words to them. My favorites were The Adventures in Odyssey tapes that my mom bought.
 
Thinking back to the days when I used to sit in my room and listen to those tapes repeatedly made me cry. I couldn’t believe I ever forgot about them. I’m sure that if I dig out my old tape recorder I’ll find an Adventures in Odyssey tape still in it.
 
So after I was done with that I went upstairs to try and find my headphones. I started digging under my bed when I found a book that I didn’t know we had. It was a complete guide to the characters and places in The Adventures in Odyssey series. I flipped through it, breaking down into tears the entire time.
 
I remember the car rides when we used to listen to the broadcasts over the radio. The nights when we had to stay up late because the newest episode in the series was going to be on tonight. I don’t remember how old I was, but I remember the happiness that it brought me and my sister.
 
Sometimes I wonder what made those days so different from today. Maybe I’ll listen to some of those old tapes and I’ll remember.

© 2008 Thief Lord Alex


Author's Note

Thief Lord Alex
And now I'm off to go find my tape recorder....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

THIS WAS REALLY REALLY GOOD
I felt every line!!!
I too know all about adventures in odessey and listening to them with my younger sister
we would make short stories our selves and record them
i wish i had all the tapes still...our relationship is strained now and i wish for those old days back again...why and how did time fly by so fast....
anyway this is not the place to vent about that now
I just wanted to let you know i liked this one and will place it in my library! thanks, cheers., lea

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 21, 2008

Author

Thief Lord Alex
Thief Lord Alex

Woodbridge, VA



About
About me? A young writer looking for my way, for inspiration to lead and guide me. Another face in a crowd, that's screaming so loud. A soft spoken voice. I have a choice. I need something to write ab.. more..

Writing
War War

A Story by Thief Lord Alex