8th Exploit: St. Costas 2

8th Exploit: St. Costas 2

A Chapter by Jeffrey J Dotson
"

Our main protagonist has found a gambling and fighting club while looking for some late night entertainment, and is ready to have his kind of fun! However, has he stumbled into a den of tragedy?

"
8th Exploit: St. Costas Pt. 2

The clock hand has passed twenty minutes since Antonio had discovered the Bitter Belt, and already he has garnered himself something of a reputation. Many of the patrons of the club are gathered around the ring, some applauding, as Tony stands over his third victim of the night in the middle of the ring. The grey shirted unconscious man lays back first on the mat with his meaty arms spread out and has an indent in his gut and blood trickling from his mouth. Two people drag the guy out by his arms as Antonio is announced the victor. Tony smirks as he cracks his knuckles.

"Good lord, he even floored Connor!"

Antonio smirks as he stretches his left arm. "So, that's three down guys. You have to have someone worth a damn around here right?! I'm gettin' bored up here!" Several of the patrons turn their heads toward the horned man with the scarf, Jason, sitting at the bar and paying the action in the ring no mind. He has a glass of milk with a pinch of rum mixed into it. Tony raises a brow and looks over at Jason. "How's about you pal? These guys seem to have some faith in you-"

"Forget it." Tony tilts his head to the side as Jason turns to half face the confident young man in the ring. "You've done nothing to convince me that you're worth my time new blood. Anyone worth their names can make a joke of the three you did." Jason turns the rest of the way and slightly lowers his sunglasses and glares at Antonio. Tony immediately recognizes his blank, yellow tinted irises. "What really makes you any different from Connor or those other thugs who think they can get by on strength alone?"

"Well, for one-" Antonio starts letting his fighting spirit bleed out. Most of the patrons don't recognize a change but Jason immediately does. "-I'm not just some 'thug' who relies on power, and for another I'm just passing time. Do you really think I care about a rep in a dingy small place like this? If you're not willing to give me a try then I'm out, these guys suck." Tony smirks. "Which leads me to a question, why are you here buddy? If everyone's a weak thug then why stick around?"

Jason raises his sunglasses back up and grabs his glass of rum milk. "Its no business of a strangers. Suffice to say I've got a more pressing matter here to attend to aside from feeding my ego with wimps."

Jason raises the glass of rummy milk under his scarf, just slightly pulling it forward so that it disappears under it. Tony raises his head and smiles. "Hey, if you're too 'preoccupied to step up then just say it man! If you're yellow then I don't wanna tangle with you anyways. I maybe rough but I'm not a bully."

Jason drops the glass and stands up from his chair. He doesn't look angry but its obvious hes not pleased with Antonio's jabs. "Yellow? You think I'm yellow?"

"Yeah, you know, cowardly?" Antonio runs his hands through his hair and winks as Jason. "Its nothin' to be ashamed of pal! Ive got a friend who's got a bit of a yellow streak too and-" 

Antonio's hair stands at ends as Jason almost instantly materializes behind him, leaving a static trail behind him and where he stood only a second prior. Tony instinctively rolls forward and turns to face Jason, putting up  his arms in a defensive position. His expression makes it apparent that he's not willing to take Jason so lightly anymore.

"You distanced yourself quickly. Impressive." Jason raises his sunglasses and smiles with his eyes. "Or perhaps your fast reactions are that of any 'cowards'? You tell me-" Jason stops and his eyes widen a little as the air around Antonio begins to quiver. His fighting spirit strengthens to the point where most of the patrons back away in fear, whether or not they can actually see the aura. 

"I haven't been this damned psyched in a long time!"

Jason seems to smile beyond his scarf. "Admittedly I'm impressed myself, but-" Jason takes a step back and shrugs. "I really need to focus on other things right now, and I don't have the eyes for both you and the guy Ive been waiting for." Antonio almost seems pissed off at Jason for leading him on. "Hey, look at it this way, I respect your power and I think a small place like this wouldn't be a good enough venue for us. I'm only here to corner the jerk who tried to rig my last bout anyways and I'd rather not let him slip by-"

"HIT THE LIGHTS!!!"

The lights suddenly cut out. People begin to scream in panic as the sound of automatic gunfire is heard. The ring is riddled with bullets from up in the bleachers. Any that would hit Jason stop just short of him with static sparks accompanying them. Antonio on the other hand does his best to dodge them while keeping up a ki wall around his skin. He is hit several times but never hard enough to be punctured. The gunfire ceases.

"HEY! YOU DEAD YET FREAK!?!" Jason's eyes light up from behind his shade as an electric aura surrounds him and lights up the ring. The individual who had previously yelled begins to fluster. "K-kill him you idiots!" The ring is once again riddled with lead but by now both Antonio and Jason have left it and are in the bleachers. Screams from the assailants pierce through the Bitter Belt as they are pulverized and shocked into submission. The lights flicker back on and the brief but tragic carnage is shown in full. The ring is littered with bullets and tears, there are six casualties around the ring, including a waitress, several bidders and a referee who's almost been made into hamburger. The bleachers are littered with dead spectators and murderers who probably wish they were dead. Jason and Antonio look at each other, Tony with a sense of confusion.

"So, just what in the hell was this all about?!"

Jason raises his left hand and points nonchalantly to the side. "I'd guess an attempted hit" Jason turns his head toward a heavily clothed man who looks as though hes trying to sneak out through the front. His hand falls in that direction." Right Jonan!?" The man freezes in place. This 'Jonan' fellow is equally frightened and infuriated. He begins to sweat, thinking fast in his mind how he's going to get away before deciding on one of the worse options; jutting for the door. Two fairly large men grab him by the arms and yank him back into the Bitter Belt. Jonan shakes his head and begins to frantically beg the two to let him go.

"PLEASE! PLEASE I DON'T-"

"Save it. Your boys went an' shot up th' wrong place." Jonan turns his head toward Jason and glares hatefully at him.

"Damn it!" Jason jumps from the bleachers and lands not too far from the first set of seats. Sparks begin to shoot from under his shades as he casually walks toward Jonan. Jonan tries to break free but hes incapable. "No! Stay away from me you f*****g freak!!" Jason stops. He laughs as Jonan continues to struggle in vain.

"Oh, you pathetic small minded bigot. You just couldn't help yourself could you? I bet you waited a long time to pull that stunt off didn't you?" Jason ruffles Jonans greasy grey hair and assumingly smirks under his scarf. Jonan flinches. "It would be too easy to destroy you right now, and really that was the plan after you tried to screw me over but after all this I think I'll just let you think long and hard about it in prison- "Jonans nose suddenly explodes into a blood fountain as Antonio imprints his fist upon it. The only reason he isn't sent flying is because of the two men holding him, but his head does whiplash rather painfully back. Jason turns his head to Tony and looks at him surprised, as Tony looks down at the gasping Jonan.

"Nothin' personal buddy but I really don't like being shot at, and I really doubt they-" Antonio points his thumb behind him and toward the bleachers. "-did either." Jason grabs Antonio by the shoulder and gives him a scowl.

"And just what in the hell do you think you're doing?"

Antonio smirks. "Clearing things up! You said that's the guy who tried to fix your last fight here right? Well now that he's been dealt with we can deal with our current situation."

"Our situation? Sorry to lead you on but it's entirely your situation. As I also said before the only reason I'm still here is to deal with this little puke." Jason looks back at the bleachers. "Besides, as things stand this place is about to become really busy really fast. The cops'll be over the Belt soon after the whole massacre." Antonio gives a disappointed smirk but doesn't say a thing. "Besides, like I said before you impress me. If we're gonna go at it it'd probably benefit us to have a bigger area to fight in, right?"

"Pfft." Jason tilts his head and raises his eyebrows. Antonio begrudgingly nods his head and laughs. "Yeah you're right. Now that I think of it I don't even know who you are."

"Oh? The names Jason."

---

Clarks CX Mosain Plus sits parked in the middle of the dirt road, facing the bright city of St. Costas. Its about one thirty in the morning and Clark is showing signs of weariness and fatigue. Generally speaking the man is usually asleep around this time of night. His driver on the other hand is pale and looks to be on the verge of death. Clark slaps the back of his chair and grumbles at him.

"So, did you spot the b*****d or not?"

The drivers lower lip quivers as a "No" escapes him. Clark begins to grit his teeth. The drivers head bobs as he strains to remain conscious. "N-need medical attention..."

"Oh stop whining!" Clark whips out his cellphone and kicks the back of the driver seat. "What a waste of f*****g time. I'm gonna make a few calls, you get us back to headquarters."

"Ooooooough." The driver faints before he can even attempt to start the vehicle up again. His body slumps over awkwardly onto the door. Clark tilts his head and gives the man a wild eye look of hatred.

"Are you kidding me!?!" 

Clark opens his passenger door with a fervor and storms over to the drivers door. He swings the door open with absolutely no consideration of the unconscious body of his chauffeur, which flops face first onto the dirt road. Clark spits on the driver and grimaces. 

"I can't believe you're going to make me drive this late-" Clark is sharply cut off by sirens coming from St. Costas. He quickly steps between the city and the barely breathing carcass of his employee. Three NNPD Borard* and two ambulance trucks zoom eastward past the closed arcades and fast food chains. Clark tilts his head to the side and frowns confused. "Huh...?"

---

Antonio and Jason stand a small ways away from the Bitter Belt, just three and a half feet away from the street. They seem to have warmed up to one another as they comfortably shoot the breeze. There are four police Borards parked along the road and two ambulances next to the entrance of the Bitter Belt. 

Two of the officers are speaking to the bouncer as bodies are rolled into the ambulance trucks. One of the medical hands says 'we'll need another truck' as he helps wheel in one of the alive bodies of the massacre through the back. Antonio begins to laugh as Jason nods his head.

"And that's pretty much the jest of it!" Tony smirks. "I left the guy to rest in a hotel not far from here."

Jason taps the top of his shades as one of his brows raise. "Seems a bit irresponsible just to leave your self appointed chore alone no? Especially if hes as fragile as you lead on."

"Hey, hes old enough to protect himself if he needs to. Besides the receptionist and I came to a very clear understanding. He'll keep an eye on things until the morning."

Jason scoffs. "Indeed. In any event you surprise me. I didn't expect someone like you to make room for an escort, but I'm not so sure its a wise idea especially given you two've lived in such a bubble your whole lives. I can tell your hearts in the right place but this is gonna come back to bite you in the a*s one day."

Antonio sighs. "You'd get along with Luke." Tony smiles reassuringly. "I made a promise to Jace and I intend on upholding it to the end. With all due respect I don't need anyone's opinions or predictions or worries."

A familiar black car drives past the crime scene as Jason begins to speak. It screeches to a halt about twelve feet away.

"Yeah, fair enough." The driver side of the vehicle swings open and Clark steps out wearing a surprised look on his face, as well as a small grin. Neither Tony or Jason pay the man any mind, assuming the guy has something to do with the crime scene. "That being said you can't go about saying such things and not feel a little hypocritical after butting your nose into my affairs-"

"Excuse me are you Antonio Dragone?" Antonio looks past Jason and toward Clark. He looks at the guy with a sense of suspicion. Jason turns his head ever so slightly toward Clark."

"The one and only, who's asking?"

Clarks grin widens, happy that he'd actually somehow accomplished todays goal. He straightens up and places his hand on his sternum, raising his head up confidently. "I suppose you wouldn't know would you? I'm Clark Rweise, and you and I have a small matter to discuss."

Jason lifts his head suddenly and turns all the way to face Clark. "Wait, Tai Corps's Clark?!"

Clark simply giggles. Tony c***s his head to the left and remains in the dark himself about this 'Clark' fellow. "Small matters? Like what? We've never met so-" Clark removes a picture from his pocket and flashes it at Antonio. Tony instantly recognizes the photo.

"This, Antonio, is what's left of C-002. Its a product we lost some weeks ago, one that was on its way to a buyer. We've come to believe that its destruction is possibly your responsibility."

"That thing? Some nitwit calling it Veto bot tried to kill me with it so I wrecked the hunk of junk." Antonio smirks arrogantly. Meanwhile one of the ambulance vehicles drives off. "What'dya guys make it out of paper? It wasn't even worth dismantling."

Clark grits his teeth as he pockets the photo, but forces himself to smile once again. "Oh it was worth something all right, and that worth is coming out of your pocket my friend." Clark whips out a note pad and begins to write on it. "Now, you might not be to blame entirely but since the suspected thief was found dead you're going to take his responsibility along with your own." Clark turns the pad toward Antonio and Jason. The pad shows a price of 120'000 Buci. "You owe the Tai Corporation this much.'

"The hell I do buddy. That thing attacked me and my pals first so it was self defense."

"The circumstance's are of no interest to me kid. The price will be paid or else there will be a more drastic price to pay, if you catch what I'm saying."

"Let me guess, you have lawyers and you'll sue the pants off my a*s right? Thing is, I don't think the law smiles on assault machines being used by criminals-" Clark kneels forward and gets in Antonios face.

"You f*****g little s**t, you will pay for C-002." Antonio clenches his fist and glares into Clarks eyes as a smirk forms on his face. Another ambulance backs up to where the last one was parked.

"Yeah, not in this lifetime and especially not to some idiot with bad breath." Clarks eyes widen in anger. He takes a step back and slides his hand into his coat, dropping the note pad in the process. He draws his gun and aims it between Tonys eyes. "Oh we're doing this now."

"If you want to still breathe by the time the sun rises you'll speak with a bit more respect boy-" Jason grabs Clarks hand and stands between the vision of the gun and the officers at the entrance of the Bitter Belt. He forces Clark to point toward the ground.

"Now isn't the place or time. There are cops literally everywhere right now. Do neither of you have any common sense?"

Antonio turns his head to Jason and gives him an annoyed look. "What in the hell do you think you're doing?"

Jason doesn't immediately respond, and when he does he comes off as wry as possible. "Clearing things up."


© 2017 Jeffrey J Dotson


Author's Note

Jeffrey J Dotson
NNPD Borard = North Norot Police Department. The Borard model is the Sevendown equivalent of a Ford. In universe Its named after famed designer Jamsis Borard.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
Added on May 15, 2017
Last Updated on May 31, 2017
Tags: action, adventure, drama

Sevendown


Author

Jeffrey J Dotson
Jeffrey J Dotson

Merritt Island, FL



About
A young man who's working on a story hes been planning out for some time now (Sevendown). Its grown, changed and evolved into something I think a lot of people might enjoy and I am PROUD to introduce .. more..

Writing