34th Exploit: Infiltration 2

34th Exploit: Infiltration 2

A Chapter by Jeffrey J Dotson
"

The first phase of the infiltration has gone off without a hitch, and now Antonio and Jason prepare to join Clarice inside the great Tower.

"
34th Exploit: Infiltration Pt. 2

A minute earlier

Antonio begins to pace around his 'hiding spot' impatiently. He's growing antsy after hearing two explosions coming from the power station Jason had invaded and is tempted to go help, but his mind stays focused on Clark and getting his vengeance. In the back of his mind he has a hunch if he doesn't stick to his location he'll compromise the plan a good deal, but waiting can be hard and its hitting Antonio bad right now.

"Come on, Jason, you're taking too lo-" The bottom third of the Tai Tower blinks out. The rest of the tower still maintains its electricity but the base is utterly vulnerable. Antonio smirks. "That's more like it!" Antonio very briefly remember's Clarice speaking of there being three power stations around the Tower, and how if one goes out it only effects the base levels, and that this window of opportunity lasts no longer then a minute before the power is re-routed. "Just hope you can get inside in time bro." Antonio clenches his fists and starts running toward the tower. He leaps up with the aid of his fighting spirit and launches roughly four stories toward the building. He crashes into one of the third story windows.

---

The office Clarice was in is now empty. Her interview clothing is strewn out across the floor, and she's most certainly changed back into her preferred cloth. The duffel bag is tucked behind the tacky looking plastic plant in the corner and blends in rather well.

---

Meanwhile, Clarice is swiftly making her way through the interior of the first floor, and indeed is in her normal clothes. She stops and quickly plants her back on the wall to her left. Four Tai Corp associates all walk past her, trying to make their way through the darkness. Clarice has her hand hovered over the hilt of her blade and is prepared to strike should the moment arise, such as if one of the associates brushed against her or if the backup power switched on. Such events do not come to pass, and the four continue on rambling about the black out. 

Clarice remains confident and determined. She moves once more and enters the main central area of the Tai Tower. Its a huge, open room with a wide staircase that goes up and circles around the two elevators beside its base. She doesn't look toward the elevators or stairs, but turns her head right and moves behind one of the pillars. She is tempted greatly by the urge to send out an aura radar, but hesitates. The thought of alerting The Spear keeps her from being reckless. Clarice darts toward the emergency staircase doorway and opens it. She slides in and closes it behind her.

"Phase 1 complete. Hopefully they're both in by now-" The lights suddenly turn on. Clarice swiftly draws her blade and cuts down the black dome above her head, knowing well that it's a camera. She sheaths her blade and looks down where the stairs lead to the basement. "The silent alarm along the outer wall's will be active again. If they aren't in by now then they'll be alerting a wasps nest." Clarice sighs. "No matter, my position shouldn't be compromised if that happens." Clarice nods. "I'll trust in them." 

Clarice swiftly climbs down the stairs. The short climb down leads to a corridor with two doors. One on the left that leads to the custodian closet and one in front of the base of the stairs. There's a caution sign on the door that reads 'Unauthorized associates will be punished if they enter without permission.' Clarice has a powerful focus on this door. She can practically feel the surveillance camera and the guards standing past this door.

"The intel I need is past this door. Ive got to be careful." Clarice walks toward the door and reaches for the knob.

---
Five Minutes Prior

Jason stands atop the power station he's just shut down. Hes somewhat favoring the arm he's used to shut down the power.

"Hmm, might'a used a bit too much juice." Jason winces as he looks over and sees Antonio hurtling himself through the air and into the Tower's third floor. "Guess I should get moving too, but-" Jason looks toward the left side of the tower. "-I'd rather use a less noisy means. Clarice said there's an emergency exit around this building." Jason hops off the roof of the power station. 

The moment his feet hit the ground he almost immediately cuts the distance between himself and the tower away to a few feet, a two mile distance. Jason rushes along the side of the tower until he spots the exit. "Aha!" Jason turns his direction right and makes a quick circle, stopping in front of the exit. Jason uses his electricity to power the door just enough to open it. He moves inside and closes the door behind him. Two seconds later the power comes back on, and Jason finds himself inside the open general receiving dock. 

Jason's heart begins to pound as he notices a blue baler near the back wall of the area, next to a freezer door. Jason quickly blitzes toward it and behind it as a Tai Corp officer enters through the double doors, far left of the baler.

"Damn brown outs!" The associate walks past the baler. He can't help but notice its slightly overflowing and grumbles. "Again?! Lazy asses, just shove it in and DON'T crush it! Gotta be kidding me." He shakes his head in disappointment. "Really ain't that hard guys!" 

The disgruntled associate closes the gate and walks over to the side of the baler. He hits the compress button, and as soon as he does Jason comes out from behind and drags him back. The associates surprised shouts are obscured by the sounds the baler makes. The wall flashes yellow as Jason shocks him into unconsciousness. The baler finishes crushing the cardboard and raises back up quickly, ready for another stack. Jason steps out from behind the machine, wearing the clothing the associate had been wearing. He straightens the collar.

"This ought to do, at least on face value." Jason brushes his hand over his horn. "As long as no one questions this or the scarf too much." Jason pushes his shades up to the bridge of his nose and walks casually toward the double doors. He peeks out of the left door's window before pushing them open and leaving the area.

---

Clarice is surprised to see a large open room behind the door. As far as she can tell there's no real security to speak of, save for four Rev Gunner's lined up in a convenient row all aimed toward her, about twenty feet away and between four pillars. Clarice smoothly swipes her sword from her sheath to the side in a nearly flawless horizontal slash. A wide thin wave of cutting aura launches toward the gunners and cuts their Gatling heads off. Two of them explode and the other two collapse. She breaths out as she sheaths her blade, then looks around the room confused.

"Intel didn't mention this room." Clarice sighs. "I imagine I'm on camera, but that's to be expected. I should work quickly." Clarice walks briskly toward the middle of the room. She passes the four destroyed Gunners and continues forward toward the door on the back room. She keeps her senses sharp, expecting to be under attack at any time. "These defenses have been too poor... Is it to put me in a false sense of security?" Clarice brushes her hand on the door knob. The plaque on  the door reads 'back up data room' on it. "And here you are." 

Clarice is quick to open the door and slide in, closing it just as swiftly. She looks upon the cramped mess she's just walked into. Its easy to tell the room doesn't see much physical activity. Everything, from the desk to the computers and books have a thin layer of dust on it. Clarice boots up the middle computer and pulls down the left side of her pants just four inches. There's a stitched 'pocket' on the side of her hip. She undo's the stitches and pulls a port data stick out of her open skin pocket, quickly plugging it into the computer's tower.

"Five minutes. Ten max." Clarice remains diligent. "I'm almost certain I'll have to fight my way out... As long as its not The Spear or one of the top ranks I'll find a way out."

---
Right Before Blackout

There are four Tai Corp officers gathered around a small office room playing blackjack. One of them groans as he flips a card over. Its a Seven Diamond. There's other a Six Club and  Ten Club.

"23. That's a bust, bub."

"Arg, F**k!"

"Thanks for the free paycheck-" The lights shut off. "What the hell?" After about four seconds a loud crash comes from the window in the room. 

"Someone throwing rocks?!"

"We're three stories up, idiot!"

"Yeah-" Antonio speaks. "-that's a bit low for rocks."

"Low?! Maybe if you're Odin or-" The associate stops speaking for a second. "Wait, whose voice was that?!"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" The TC Officers turn to face the window.

"Okay smart a*s, I'm about to whip some a*s!"

"He's not over there."

"I can't see s**t!" A gasp escapes the associate that was speaking and he is heard slamming against a wall.

"None of you have fighting spirit? How boring!" 

"FIGHTING SPIRIT!?! OH S**T!"

"No but I got a gun jackass!"

"Don't shoot that in the dark moron!" The lights power on. Antonio is standing on the table the four were gambling on. One of the three is imprinted on the wall far right of the window, the other has his gun trained on the temple of the third Tai Corp officers head. The fourth associate, the one who won the pot, has his left hand pressed down on the chips he was reaching for by Antonio's right foot. 

"GET THAT GUN OUT OF MY GODDAMN FACE!!!"

"Oh, uhh-" The rookie turns his gun up toward Antonio's chest. "You're dead, a*****e!"

"Oh, you guys playing cards?! Whose winning, can I join?!"

---
Ten Minutes Before Blackout

Clark is tapping his pen on his desk. His anxiety has died a little but he's still a nervous wreck. Zorn sits across the room, looking bored as hell. Zorn opens his mouth to speak but is instantly shut off by the ringtone of Clarks phone. Clark answers.

"What?" Clark groans. "Ugh, what is it now Conner?" Clark looks over at Zorn. "Everything good at the power station?" Clark grumbles. "You sure you don't want me to send Zorn over your way?" Zorn smirks and stands excited. Clark nods his head, turns his eyes to Zorn, and shakes his head. Zorn sits down with a pout. "Alright, well-" A nsharp static screech pierces through Clarks ear. "Agh what the f**k?! Conner! Hey, fresh meat you still there?!?" Clark looks nervous. "Yes yes, I'm here. You lost your signal? Whatever, just call me back if something suspicious happens." Clark ends the call. "Jeez..."

"Ya sure you don't want me down there? That punks a baby weasel. Heard he only jus' learned how to use his fighting spirit. I wouldn't trust him with anythin'" The door opens. Zorn's disposition immediately changes to frustration. "Speaking of baby weasel's..." Jeht walks into Clarks office. He glares silently at Zorn as he passes him, then turns his attention to Clark. "The hell you want anyways kiss a*s?!" Jeht turns his head over his shoulder and squints at Zorn.

"Quiet, trash, I'm here to speak to sir Rweise." 


© 2020 Jeffrey J Dotson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
Added on September 8, 2020
Last Updated on September 9, 2020
Tags: Action, Adventure, Drama

Sevendown


Author

Jeffrey J Dotson
Jeffrey J Dotson

Merritt Island, FL



About
A young man who's working on a story hes been planning out for some time now (Sevendown). Its grown, changed and evolved into something I think a lot of people might enjoy and I am PROUD to introduce .. more..

Writing