Hostage

Hostage

A Story by Patrick Sean Purdy
"

A very short story.

"
I was just standing there when it happened.  Standing there watching the crowd, my friends talking nearby.  My arms were at my side and a bottle of water held in one hand.  I never saw it coming; never saw the way it was approaching.  Then, from behind it grabbed me and slowly walked me away from my friends and the fun we were having.

It's grip was strong, filling me with fear and dread.  I was a hostage and I saw no way to escape.  It was a seamless taking and nobody could see my captor; not even me.  I believe that is just how it is planned.

Planned, executed, success.

F*****g depression!

© 2010 Patrick Sean Purdy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting spin on what it's like to fall into depression's grip. It does a good job at conveying how quickly and easily it can come upon you for no reason, and totally consume your will. Good story.

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMW
I liked this. I agree with Juan. I was not expecting the hostage to be depression although it completely makes sense since I have depression myself.

Posted 13 Years Ago


That story was so short I was amazed that you not only put a twist in it but you made it a great twist.I also can relate with the depression aspect of the story.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 15, 2010
Last Updated on March 15, 2010

Author

Patrick Sean Purdy
Patrick Sean Purdy

New York, NY



About
I've always loved words and phrasing. I'm a voracious reader and I love good writing, no matter the genre. Sometimes I feel like I have a good idea for a story or a poem, and I try to get that down.. more..

Writing