Someone to Love

Someone to Love

A Story by Blue Eyes

Once upon a time there lived a poor girl named Ada who had no home and no family.  Her parents had died when she was only ten and now she's a young woman of sixteen.
She set off to find a suitable place to live, so she headed for the thick, unending forests.  She hadn't realized how it would be like to live alone away from all civilization, but she was strong and brave.
She didn't know then, but she wasn't alone at all.  She was being watched by a young man of her age.  He was curious what she was up to and, like her, had no family or home either.
Ada had an amazingly beautiful voice.  And as she skipped along the mossy ground she sung and realized that the animals enjoyed.  For they followed her about as she swung her arms from tree to tree.
Thunder clapped and she looked above to see dark rain clouds.  She knew she would have to make a shelter or she would get soaked.  She pulled off branches from trees and realized the same young man who had watched her was helping her.  When she was safely under the branches, she thanked him.  He only nodded and headed off.  She shouted out to him asking if he'd like to share the shelter with her.  He hesitated, but agreed and just as he sat under the ferns the rain poured down in buckets.
Thoughts of this strange man floated through her mind, but she couldn't ask him any questions for the rain was too loud.  So she put her thoughts aside and went to sleep.
In the morning, he had mysteriously disappeared.  She looked about and called, but no answer came.  The heavy rain had made the stream into a large lake and she thought she better take a bath.  After cleaning herself off and taking a drink, she looked about her.  She thought to herself, "Wouldn't this make a lovely place to live?" 
So, right then and there, she decided to build a house big enough for her to live in and to keep her warm from the harsh winters.  She started to gather strong pieces of wood when she saw the young man up ahead.  His raven black hair shone in the sun and she thought he was quite handsome.  She looked back down at her pieces of wood and kept gathering.  Then the man started to gather wood with her.  After a while, she asked him his name.  
He proudly replied, "Kurt.  It means courageous."  
Ada stifled a giggle and nodded her head in approval.  "My name is, Ada.  It means kind," she said looking at her feet.  
He smiled and answered, "It suits you."
She blushed a bright red.
Kurt stayed around until the home was complete.  In that time, they learned a lot about each other.  He said he'd be on his way since she wouldn't be needing him, but she couldn't help but let go a single tear.  
Before she could say how against she was about the idea he all so suddenly asked, "But, I won't if you marry me."
She was so shocked, she couldn't speak.  But with a giggle and a tear, she shouted, "Of course, I will!"  And she jumped into his strong arms.
And they lived happily ever after!

© 2011 Blue Eyes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

you have a good start here, but I feel like you are TELLING the reader about Ada, not SHOWING them.

instead of saying, "there lived a poor girl named ada....." Describe her, what is she wearing? What color are her eyes? maybe you can see the grief in her eyes from the loss of her family?

stuff like that.

but definitely keep writing. I see some MASSIVE potential here. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think this story is really sweet!! I love romance stories.I agree with RachelMarie. Try showing the reader about Ada, instead of telling. You also might want to work on the ending. It seems rushed a little bit in my opinion. Anyways, great story!:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well done, I think you rushed a bit. And you didn't really tell the reader anything about Ada and Kurt. you have a strong start as a reader just do a little more describing.( I still struggle with describing to)

Posted 12 Years Ago


u hurried the story along, but yeah it was cool

Posted 12 Years Ago


this one is really sweet and awesome:)
thanks for sharing:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
Awww! That's so cute!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


how sweet. this is a cute story... good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


That was so cute. I love how he asked her to marry him like that. It was so sweet.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is an awsome story. I am a fan of romance and this poem is remarkably sweet and gave me a warm feeling when he asked her to marry him... Wonderful and this one is going in my favorites!!!! Thanks for sharing! 100/100

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aww that was sweet! It could be better, but it is still good the way it is! :)
I really like the ending...

Posted 13 Years Ago


you have a good start here, but I feel like you are TELLING the reader about Ada, not SHOWING them.

instead of saying, "there lived a poor girl named ada....." Describe her, what is she wearing? What color are her eyes? maybe you can see the grief in her eyes from the loss of her family?

stuff like that.

but definitely keep writing. I see some MASSIVE potential here. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

999 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on December 14, 2010
Last Updated on March 31, 2011
Tags: nature, adventure, love, beauty, song

Author

Blue Eyes
Blue Eyes

Wonderful, SC



About
Name: Tara Age: 12 Love: Jesus, family, friends, movies, food, seasons and my home. I am also a firm believer in Christ. He saved me from my sins. :) Reviews are appreciated :) P.S. If you wis.. more..

Writing
My Mother My Mother

A Poem by Blue Eyes


Snow Snow

A Poem by Blue Eyes



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Mother My Mother

A Poem by Blue Eyes