He Told the Truth

He Told the Truth

A Story by Blue Eyes

On a nice August day, Michael was running to school and he didn't want to be late.  When he got there, he saw that the new teacher was not a person he had seen in town before.  He sat down just as a new kid was coming in.  He looked like he was about year older than him.  He was a lot bigger than Michael. 
The teacher introduced him to everyone.  His name was Frank Baton.  He was the teacher's nephew.  He sat right behind Michael and made a devious smile.  When they were dismissed from school, he followed him out and stopped him.  "You better give me the answers for the test next week or you'll be sorry," Frank said meanly. "Why do you want the answers?" he asked.  
"Just do as I say and you and I will work out," he said.  He called back to him as he made his way to his house, "I want them tomorrow," adding a mean laugh.  He walked off, and disappeared.
                                               ~*~
The next day Michael didn't bring the answers and Frank was hot in anger.  So after school when the teacher was about to leave he told her that he saw Michael take Mary's new pen in class.  The teacher was shocked to hear this and went straight to Mary's house awhile Frank was snickering. 
                                              ~*~
Through the week, Frank took things from all the classmates, but told them he saw Michael do it.  
                                               ~*~
Then on Friday all the classmates' parents came to Michael's house talk to his parents.  
Michael was doing his homework when suddenly he heard a loud BANG on the door.  Michael's mother opened the door and everyone started talking at once.  His mom was in shock from all the noise.  Michael's dad came over, hearing all the commotion.  "Hold on a minute, one at a time," he yelled over the roar of people.  Finally, everyone was quiet.  Then he asked, "What's going on here?"  One by one, they explained everything.  
Michael heard every word and wasn't sure what to do or say.  But his father's voice interrupted his thoughts.
"Michael, come here, son."
Michael trudged down the stairs and asked, "Yes, father?"
"These people say you've stolen things from their children at school.  Is this true?" he asked.
"No, I didn't take anything," he denied.
"Well, there you go, folks.  He said he didn't take anything," his father said as he closed the door.
The people were yelling while the door closed in their faces.
Michael went to bed after finishing his homework, but he didn't know his father was talking about this 'stealing problem.'
The next day at school, no one talked to him.  Not even his best friend, Mark.   The teacher was very mean to him.  As he was in the middle of a test, he asked to go sharpen his pencil, but the teacher didn't allow him.  But when Frank asked, she kindly said yes.
~*~
Michael looked up just in time to see Frank take Susan's lunch bag on the floor.  
When Michael was allowed to go to the outhouse, Susan saw her lunch bag was missing.  The teacher was very upset and punished Michael very badly.  
If only they would believe me, he thought.  But how can I make them believe it was Frank and not me?  I have no proof.

So, after school, he tried to think of what to do as he limped the whole way home.  (His leg had been hurt from the punishment the teacher had cruelly given him).
When he got home, he quickly limped upstairs to do his homework and then figured out his plans on how to get Frank caught.
~*~
The next day was Saturday.  He was going to his friend, Bill's shop early that morning to see if he could help him.  You see, Bill owned a camera shop.  (Back in the olden days, cameras weren't very popular).  Michael thought that if he could get Bill to secretly snap a picture of Frank stealing something of the students', they would know it was Frank all along.
Bill already knew that there was a 'problem' over at the schoolhouse between the students, but he trusted Michael's word.  So, he promised to help him out, saying he'd come next Monday to the school with his camera.
~*~
When Monday came, Michael couldn't wait to see what would happen.  
Bill hid outside the schoolhouse by the window where he couldn't be seen. 
 Sure enough, Frank went to go to the outhouse when he reached to grab Paul's favorite baseball glove, and SNAP!  Bill got the picture.  
~*~
A week passed by.  Michael hadn't shown anyone the picture yet.  He wanted to wait until the school meeting where he could show and tell everyone.  
At least, he thought no one would find out until then.  His mom noticed his limp through the week, and finally asked him, "Michael, whatever is wrong with your leg?"
"It just hurts a little bit."
"Let me take a look at it," she said, concern in her voice.
"Oh no, mother.  It will be fine," he said, backing away.
"I just want to look at it," she said, rolling up his pant leg to take a good look at it.  She gasped!
So Michael explained everything.  He showed her the picture just so she'd believe him.  
~*~
So, at the school meeting, Michael and his mom began to explain and showed the people the picture for proof.  They all were very mad at Frank.
Frank slithered down in his chair, hoping no one would notice him. 
After a lot of discussion, Frank was expelled from school, and the teacher was fired from harsh discipline.
All the students went up and apologized to Michael for false accusations.  
Mark said how sorry he was and wanted to be friends again.  Michael, with a smile, said yes right away.  
He was very happy to know that the new teacher was one of his best friends.
Michael thought of the verse in the Bible in Numbers 32:23 that says, 'But if you fail to do this, you will be sinning against the Lord' and you may be sure that your sin will find you out.'      

© 2011 Blue Eyes


Author's Note

Blue Eyes
This is a report I had to write in my composition for school, and I wanted to share it with you. :)

Tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That should have taught that Frank a lesson!
A great story about honesty, patience and truth. You're becoming as good as your sister is in story-telling :)
I like how you've given a good introduction to all the characters and how you laid out the plot.
You definitely should get full marks on your report!

As for me - 100/100

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow its really sweet and it is so true even if you are not punished here on earth you will be in heaven. nice write!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

386 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 6, 2011
Last Updated on September 6, 2011

Author

Blue Eyes
Blue Eyes

Wonderful, SC



About
Name: Tara Age: 12 Love: Jesus, family, friends, movies, food, seasons and my home. I am also a firm believer in Christ. He saved me from my sins. :) Reviews are appreciated :) P.S. If you wis.. more..

Writing
My Mother My Mother

A Poem by Blue Eyes


Snow Snow

A Poem by Blue Eyes


My Sister My Sister

A Poem by Blue Eyes



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Sister My Sister

A Poem by Blue Eyes


Snow Snow

A Poem by Blue Eyes