AMERICA! The Tale of an Irish Immigrant: So Far

AMERICA! The Tale of an Irish Immigrant: So Far

A Story by BlueEyedCubTN
"

The start of a book that will follow an Irishman who decides to go to America.

"

 

 

ONE

 

 

It is a cool September morning in 1910. I awake with a start at the sound of thunder from a very close strike of lightning. It is storming again here in Killeigh. Lucky is hiding. He does not like storms in the least. 

“Lucky, buddy, why does thunder scare you so much?” I asked my adorable border collie mixed mutt. “But the day I met you when you were still a pup, you were scared to death. Hanging around the market hoping someone would give you a nibble, but too frightened to approach anyone.”

What a miserable day to have to go run errands in town. I might make carriages that are pulled by horses, but I do not own one. Nor do I own a horse for that matter. I am simply an Irish pauper trying to make his way in this world. Long ago, my father built the home my brother and sister and I share. My mother sleeps here as well, but she often is needed at the hospital. There have been many cases of cholera and diphtheria and she has been working her fingers to the bones. Father, well he hasn't been home in months and he probably won't show his face around here for many more months. His life as a fisherman and member of the Royal Navy keeps him away for long spans of time. Sometimes I forget what his face looks like. My brother Ewan, I'm not sure what he does. I have a mind to think the money he brings home is not his own. He has been a wanted man before, and he may very well end up as such again. My sister Fiona is a caretaker of working families' children. For all of the income this family has, the greatest portion of it is taken by the owner of the land this house is built on. The O'Ryain family homestead's vicinity was levied for a debt father incurred many years ago. We were able to keep possession of the home, but the land is not ours. This is why we have no cattle or horses of our own, No stables, pig pens, or grazing pastures for us to use. We all hope that one day we will be able to gain the funds needed to buy back the property. It is a lovely stretch of land, with a burbling brook and a small patch of forest in it. Until the day this is possible, we will all live as paupers. Looking out at this storm, and the lovely green hills surrounding me, I know I love this land. One day, it will be ours again. I will not rest until it is.

            Little can be gained by wondering what could be. It is time to pay attention to the presentThe family gets hungry. So do I. A day at the market means seeing people I don't always care to see. I will do my best to avoid most of them if possible.My mind is chanting to me. Milk, pork, fruit, corn, radishes and peas.

It’s time to visit Sean O'Tighearneighh, the baker and owner of the shop called The Bread Man just at the edge of the market. Two loaves should be sufficient for a week or so. One wheat loaf and one rye loaf. Perhaps I should get an extra loaf...but the holes in my pockets will not allow it. Heaven forbid I drop a coin. Next time a market run is required, my sister Fiona will go to town. I hope it rains buckets on her. Well, perhaps not. I'd be devastated if any harm came to her. She does good for the world. She is a wonderful caretaker for the children down the lane. One day, she will make a great mother, if she ever marries.

            It appears the rain is letting up a bit, so it's now or never. I put on my rain boots and head down the lane to the baker's shop. Sean has been making breads for over fifteen years and everyone says it's the best. It has been a long time since I have had bread made by anyone else, so I am forced to agree. The road to the Bread Man needs more paving stones. It is quite muddy and I am glad I have my rain boots. There are not many other folk out in this area. The damp quiet is magical. I hear toads and birds in the trees around me. In the distance I hear the faint whinny of a horse.

            I can smell the aroma of fresh baking bread. The Bread Man is just up ahead. I remove my boots and place them next to the door and walk in, closing my eyes taking a deep breath of warm baking bread.

“Thomas! How are you my good man? Quite the downpour we had this morning, eh?” Sean the Bread Man is always so jolly. Nothing seems to get this man down. “Top of it to ya, Sean. How have you been?” I said taking off my hat and coat.

“It’s always a wonderful day when you do what you love. The next time you come in, I’ll have you try a new bread I want to carry. It is made with potatoes. I am still working on the recipe, based on one from a traditional bakery in Dublin. There’s none ready quite yet,” Sean said as he slides a freshly cooled loaf of pumpernickel bread into a bag.

”Potato bread? Is this what I smell? I am certainly curious. I have only had the three kinds I usually order. I am a rye bread man myself. Fiona loves the wheat. Perhaps we will both like your potato bread,” I said scratching my head at the idea of what potato bread would taste like.

            “You’ll have to be honest about what you think. This is supposed to be a tradition in Ireland. However, with the potato shortage...I managed a shipment of potatoes out of Queenstown last week. If we think it would be a flop, I’ll only make two or three loaves and try something else and keep those potatoes for something else. There’s always something new to try! I feel like a chemist sometimes here in the kitchen. I would love to get my hands on how to make that San Francisco Sourdough bread I’ve heard about. It sounds delicious. I’ve heard it’s a bugger to make though. But as you know, I am always up to a challenge.”

            “Oh yes, this is true. Don’t tell you that you can’t do something. You’ll turn around and do it, better than anyone else has. I have been thinking for a while, why don’t you try your hand at making pasta? It should be rather simple, and it can be dried and kept for a long time,” I said at the thought of trying new things in the kitchen.

            “Say, that’s not such a bad idea! I know an Italian woman who probably has a great pasta recipe. I’ll call on her this week and see if she will show me how. If it’s a hit, I might just open my own spaghetti restaurant!” said Sean with a twinkle in his eye. He has always been an entrepreneur. First, he had a shop fixing toys for children. Then he owned a house painting business. But being The Bread Man has him in the best mood. I can tell he loves what he does, and he tells me that often. Making carriages is not a bad position in life, but it gets tedious and at times I wish I could strangle the person who invented strapping a cart to a horse.

            “So what are we getting today then?” asked Sean as he wipes the counter off. “The usual? One wheat and one rye, right?” He always knows what I want.

            “This time I want two wheat and one rye. Fiona will be making sandwiches for the children she cares for. Their family cannot afford so many loaves of bread so they can use ours.”

            “Well that’s mighty nice of you Thomas. If only everyone were as nice as you and yours. You give Miss Fiona my kind regards. In fact, I will throw in a half-dozen cookies for her to give those monsters she looks after. I’ll throw in that second wheat loaf at no charge. You have a great day Mr. Thomas,” he said as he handed me my bread and the cookies.

“Thomas, what’s the matter?” asked Sean.

“What do you mean?”

“You seem distant today.” 

            “Always a joy to come see you and buy your wonderful bread. You’ll see me next week, I am sure.”

            “Lookin’ forward to it, Mr. O’Ryain. If you ever need an ear to listen, I am always right here.”

            I tipped my hat to him and walked back outside. It is starting to rain again, but this time it is a much lighter rain. Not so bad. The birds will be in a good mood when the sun shows itself again. They always love the rain. Now, I am headed to buy milk and corned beef. This walk into town will take a while. I wish I had a horse and carriage of my own so I could go into Dublin where they have the finest of everything available even to people with limited means such as myself. Alas, it is nearly two hundred kilometers from Killeagh to Dublin. Much too far for me to walk. Walking toward the middle of Killeagh, I hear a carriage approaching from behind. It is the cobbler Aiden Gleeson and his lovely daughter Alison. They slowed down and pulled up just in front of me and stopped.

            “Where you headed, Thomas?” asked Mr. Gleeson.

            “I’m headed to market. I hope I find what I’m looking for.”

            “In this little town of Killeagh, you might not find what you need. We are headed to Dublin. Would you care for a lift? I’m sure you will find what you need there. We are headed to market as well. We also don’t want to see you catch your death of cold walking in the rain.”

            My eyes lit up. This is exactly what I need! I need a trip away from little Killeigh and into a bigger town for a day. “Oh yes please! I was just thinking I wish I had a way to Dublin today,” I said as I climbed aboard the big black carriage. “This is one of my carriages,” I said looking around inside. “Does it serve you well?”

            “Most certainly,” said Alison who was looking lovely in her blue dress. “Papa told me just yesterday that this is the best carriage he has owned. You do amazing work, Mr. O’Ryain.” She smiled at me. It’s good to know people appreciate the handy work I put into the building of carriages.

            The ride to Dublin takes about three-and-a-quarter hours. This gives me plenty of time to catch up with the Gleesons. “Any new shoe fashions in your shop, Mr. Gleeson?”

            “Oh yes, plenty of fashions for the ladies. A few are all the rage in Paris. I have some very nice men’s shoes from Scotland and London. I’ll show you a few the next time you come ‘round.”

            “That would be fantastic, but I’m afraid I won’t be in the market for new shoes for a while. Money is tight on the O’Ryain homestead. I do know that Fiona needs some new shoes. I will bring her with me.”

            “That is a fine idea, Mr. O’Ryain. Do you enjoy your profession building carriages? If not, I’m looking for an apprentice to help me in my cobble shop. We would teach you how to make and repair shoes, for a quite decent wage.”

            “Hmmm…” I have to think about this for a while. “We’ll talk about it more in a few days when I bring my sister by. You can show me around the inside of your shop.”

            “You do that. I think you’d be a fine addition to my shop. I know you’re honest, and a genuinely good man. This is the kind of person I am looking for. Alison here just began working at the Killeah Dairy Farm, caring for the milk cows owned by Mr. O’Gara.

            “I just love the milk cows. Especially Trista, the white one with brown spots. She is such a personality!” Alison’s big green eyes light up while she is talking. She is such a lovely girl with a gorgeous mane of blonde hair. She has it pulled back with a clip decorated with clovers. She is a good Irish girl. Any man would be proud to have her as a wife. “Trista loves it when I sing Danny Boy to her.”

            “I bet you have a lovely singing voice to match that lovely face, Alison.” I said winking at her.

            “Oh stop, you wicked man. I am just as common as any other woman you’ll see in Dublin.”

            “Oh I doubt that. With a smile like yours, you could put any gentleman under a spell.”

            Mr. Gleeson just sat there with the reigns in his hands, smirking at our little conversation. He and Alison must both have the same idea. However, I have no intention of courting Alison. She is much too young and I believe my path goes in a different direction. Where does it go? I am not certain.  One day at a time is where we will take this life. I just wish things would get better for my family. Perhaps becoming Mr. Gleeson’s apprentice would pay more. I’m sure making shoes is an interesting profession. It is certainly something to consider.

            The rolling hills between Killeagh and Dublin are beautiful. They are so very green, even against a gray sky. When the sun shines on these hills, they sing a harmony that warms the soul. The entirety of Ireland is just so beautiful. There are old stone churches on nearly every corner with bells that ring out on Christmas day. Folk sell goods in open air markets and on the sides of roads. In the spring, the wildflowers bloom and fill the air with their sweet perfume. On occasion, the sound of the pipes can be heard wafting in the breeze. I love my country. Many of my acquaintances have left for America. I sometimes wonder how they could leave this emerald gem behind seemingly so easily.

            The road into Dublin becomes increasingly busy as we approach town. Many fine carriages join in the parade, and the sound of the horse feet on the road, which has turned from dirt to cobblestone, is a lovely sound.

            “I think we will stop at a lovely tavern and take in a meal,” Mr. Gleeson says as he slows the carriage down. “I’ll go with that, I’m quite hungry,” I replied.

            “Put your bread loaves in this burlap,” he said as he hands me a bag. “We don’t want anyone seeing it and snatching it for themselves.”

            “Good idea. This town is busier than I remember. Nobody would notice someone take something out of a carriage that wasn’t theirs.”

            The Stag’s Head is a wonderful pub and I have been there a few times. However, this is not the pub Mr. Gleeson has chosen.  He has instead chosen another pub. This one is named The Brazen Head and is at 8 Poolbeg Street.

            “Here is where Dublin’s artists and writers come each day to hash out ideas for new works,” explained Aiden Gleeson. “One can strike up a lively conversation in this pub. One day she’ll be a world-wide famous pub. There be no food here, just pints of the best Guinness around. We will find food at our next stop.

            I grinned from ear to ear. “I’ll take a pint!” I haven’t had a good drink in such a long time. We sat at the bar and we began to talk about Ireland, and how it impacts our lives. I shared what I think of those fantastic rolling hills and the smells and sounds. Alison particularly likes the music and dancing. Aiden begins talking about opening a cobbler location in Dublin, or perhaps moving his entire store to Dublin. I frowned just a bit. I love to visit Dublin, but I am not certain I would want to live there. If he moves his store, the apprenticeship would not happen. I could not purposely uproot the family, sell my father’s house and move away from mother’s and Fiona’s work. Moving to Dublin would have to be something agreed on by all involved. Also, if father came home, he wouldn’t know we’d moved.

            I had just taken a big gulp of my drink when an elderly chap sat down next to me. Aiden’s face lit up. “Avery, you old dog! I haven’t seen you in ages. How the heck have you been!?” This man Avery mumbled something I couldn’t hear. Aiden grabbed my arm. “Thomas, you must meet this man. Avery was a great friend to my father when they were in the Navy together.” The old man raised a hand in greeting.

            “Pleasure to meet you sir. My father is in the Irish Navy. Last I heard he was a navigator on a destroyer.” The old man smiled. He reminded me that there is no Irish Navy. It is the Royal Navy under the command of the British. I scowled. “We deserve our own navy 

 

and government. The Brits have had their hands in Irish lives for too long.” Avery nodded in agreement. The British have been a thorn in the Irish sides for over a century. We very much dislike the British treatment of Scotland in the past several hundred years ago when William Wallace rose up as an antagonist to the British crown. Many Irishmen joined in the fight for revolution to gain freedom from Great Britain. Many were disappointed when Scotland joined the United Kingdom in 1707. I talked with this Avery fellow for a good hour about what I knew of the Navy. Avery seemed such a delightful old sea dog. After a couple more pints, Aiden said it was time to move on. I hope the next stop involves food.

           Indeed the next stop did involve food. We stopped at Aiden’s sister’s house. Miss Eileen Trinnear has a lovely home. Her furniture was a collection of beautiful antiques. In her kitchen she has an old wood-fired stove. She has been baking cakes, and preparing a lovely spread of lamb and bangers and mash. The air smells so good here. There is a big brick oven, with what appears to be a cauldron cooking something on the fire. There are also some trays of some sort of pastry baking. It is very warm in here. I remove my coat and hang it on the hook by the front door.

            "Eileen, where are you, girl?!" hollered Aiden. "That girl is a character, be careful, I tell you."

            I heard the sound of a woman singing from somewhere in the house. Suddenly she burst through a door dancing and singing. She is a beautiful tall and slender woman. She has an enormous mane of red hair long to the middle of her back. She is wearing a dark red dress with a black sash for a belt; the ends hang down to her knees. She is spinning and dancing and singing. She stops suddenly and looks at me. Her brilliant blue eyes pierce my soul. What a gorgeous woman. She curtsied a bit and said,

            "How do you do, sir."

            "Very well, thank you malady."

            "Well aren't you quite the gentleman. Aiden, introduce me to your friend here."

            Aiden has been watching from the corner. He smirked.

            "Eileen, this here is my good friend Timothy O'Ryain. He lives in Killiegh with his sister and brother. He makes carriages and is quite a cook."

            "I do make carriages and wagons, but I don't know so much about being a great cook. I do what I can with what I have." I said a bit embarrassed at the accolades Mr. Gleeson is giving me.

            "Well, Mr. O'Ryain, I insist that you cook for us sometime. Not today, as I know you are in Dublin for a reason. Someday soon, you may find us knocking on your door with some scotch and a loaf of bread!"

            "With at least a day's notice, I trust!" I laughed. Eileen's eyes flashed again.

            "Aiden, your sister is charming," I said as she spun around again and began singing, while tending to whatever is in her large brick oven, stirring the pot a few times and checking the pastries.

            "Be careful, Thomas. She is full of fire!" he said with not quite a smile on his face. He is serious. Apparently I should watch myself. "Eileen, tell Mr. O'Ryain here about Miles.

            "Now why do we want to hear about a man that is no longer in my life? Are you tryin' to stir up troubles now?" Eileen stopped singing and dancing. "This is not something I want to discuss with someone who is yet a stranger."

            "I apologize," retracted Aiden. "I was simply warning him of how he should tread lightly."

            Eileen wiggled her fingers at him "Not as lightly as you should tread little brother."

            Aiden bowed a bit and backed up a few steps.

            "Now," said Eileen, spinning around again toward me, "How would you like to try one of my goodies? I've been baking and cooking all day. You must eat with me!" she turned and scowled at Aiden, "You too, if you can behave yourself."

            "I promise, darlin'" She wiggled her fingers at him again.

            "Don't you darlin' me, you cur. Now take your spot on the floor." She turns to me and 

 

 

explains, "In this house, we sit on the floor to have a meal. I enjoy being close to the ground while eating."

            Hmmm...How interesting. She pulled a pillow up, and I plopped down. She disappeared for a moment, and then was back in front of that big brick oven. She dished out something from the cauldron and served it on top of some sort of green leafy vegetable. "Stew over kale," she said. "In a few minutes there will be honey and almond filled pastries. If you are still hungry after this, I have a bit of bangers and mash for ya."

            "It smells delicious!" I sniffed the air again. My stomach growls. "Let's do this!"

            "Just a moment," said Eileen, "We must thank mother Earth for her bounty."

            I realize that Eileen follows the teaching of the ancient Gaelic speaking Irish and Scottish ancestors. These are the folk that supposedly erected the mysterious Stonehenge in the hills. I find this fascinating. Eileen is one fantastic woman from what I see. She cooks, she dances and sings, and she is oh so very beautiful.

            "Our mother, Earth, from which all life springs, we thank you for the bounty that grows from your soils. Your water is our life and we honor you as we partake of what you have so humbly given us this day. We respect your powers and join you in song. Each day you amaze us."

            I've never heard such a prayer before. I think she made this up on the spot. I find it wonderful. Eileen sat down across from me, and I notice she is wearing a golden necklace. Hanging from it appears to be some sort of eye. It is surrounded by swirls.

            "This is an interesting pendant you have here. It appears to be looking at me," I said while admiring it from across the way.=

            "This is the Eye of Horus," responded Ms. Trinnear, "It is an Egyptian mystical symbol. Horus was one of their gods."

            "That is amazing. Do you know much of the Egyptians? I only know about the tombs and mummies, and treasures."

            "They were a very spiritual culture. They had very specific ideas of what life after death would be like. They had rituals, which included mummification. They were very in tune with our Mother Earth. I admire the teachings of the pharaohs. The Egyptians even appear in the Good Book," explained Eileen.

            "Oh yes, they chased Moses to the Red Sea."

            "Yes they did. This was after they had enslaved his people for a long time. Moses used the forces of nature to escape."

            "Don't you mean the powers of God?"

            She winked at me and said "They are one and the same. The Christians have this idea that our deity is male. I am not so sure of this. Nature is temperamental like a woman, and contains fury that no man has."

            I nodded in agreement. This makes sense to me. I tend to keep an open mind about the spirit world. Different cultures fascinate me. The Egyptians, how wonderful!

            Alison opened the door and stood in the doorway with her hands on her hips. “Aunt Eileen, what have you been feeding Filly? She is getting fat.”

            “She’s not fat Alison, she is with child. She spent a few days at the ranch on the other side of town having her shoes changed and she got with one of the stallions there.”

            “Oh how precious! You must let me know when it comes time for her to birth.”

            “Little lady, she still has quite a ways to go before that happens. But, I will make sure you are told. Now sit down child before the food gets cold.”

            “Yes’m. Extra kale with mine please. I just love leafy greens,” said Alison, as she looked at me. There’s a twinkle in her eye that I am sure she inherited from Eileen.

            Eileen brought over dishes for both herself and Alison after Aiden and I were served. There is a whole loaf of bread in the center and Eileen tore off a chunk. “Now everyone take a crust of bread to sop up your leftover drippings. We don’t let anything go to waste in this house.

            “This lamb stew is wonderful,” I said taking another bite. “I must know what it takes to 

 

 

make this. I can taste garlic.”

            “Right ye be, Thomas. There is garlic in there. This is an old recipe, shared with me by one of the ladies in the coven.”

            Aiden coughed and glared at Eileen. “Many people like to think of witches when the word coven is used. All it really means is a gathering of women who share ideas,” Eileen said at her brother’s reaction. “We share patterns for clothing, recipe ideas, we sometimes sing songs, and just chatter about anything. Men do the same, when they gather to speak of drink, the races or hunting. They just aren’t clever enough to figure a name for what they are.”

            “Aunt Eileen, I would like to join you when your lady friends come to call. I think I could learn so much. I would love to learn some new knitting styles,” said Alison as she grabbed her bit of bread.

            Eileen finished her stew, and cleaned her plate with the crust of bread. “MMMM,” she said. “I hope you eat yer fill,” barked Aiden. It’s a long ride back to Killeigh.”

            “But it is a beautiful countryside. So much to watch go by, the next thing you know, we’re back in Killeigh. I never tire of the ride to and from Dublin,” I said as I cleaned my bowl with my piece of bread.

            “We should sing songs on the way back,” said Alison. “I love sailor songs.”

            “What would ye do with a drunken sailor, eh?” I replied, grinning from ear to ear.

            “Early in tha mornin’!” Alison laughed.

            “Now it’s time for the pastries,” said Eileen as she headed back to the oven. “These are just now done. “Honey and almond they are.”

            “Oooh,” said Alison as she swiped one and immediately took a bite. “I love these.”

            The pastries were passed around and Eileen brought over some tea. We chatted about Dublin, and Killeigh, about carriages and shoes, and about Mr. O’Gara’s cattle. Now, it’s time to head to the marketplace. I sat silently looking at everyone in this room. Little Alison is so happy and cheerful. I can see how much Aiden cares for his sister, and I can tell Eileen is no fool. I long for the times when the whole family was together like this. 

            The market wasn’t but a few minutes of a trip from the Tinnear house. I could tell we were getting close because the foot traffic has tripled. We stopped the carriage in a field along side other carriages. I love going to the market in Dublin. All along the ways there are tables and bins displaying goods from fruits and vegetables to bread and clothes. Old man Samuels has a table showing his hand made clocks for sale. My list is short. Cabbage, radishes, and meats. I stopped at a vegetable stand with some gorgeous heads of cabbage. I picked out three and placed them in my burlap sack. There are some radishes. Down the way was a merchant with carrots and radishes. I picked out a bit of both. There is onion, and potato. Three potatoes and two onion go into my sack. Before this sack gets too full, I pull out the other sack that was inside this one. Lady McDonnell is selling bouquets of flowers, beautiful wildflowers across the way. I see corn and tomato, too expensive for me. I turn down a side avenue and come to where the meats are sold. Ham and pork, beef and chicken, everything is so tempting. I go after the corned beef first.

            “Afternoon,” I said to the merchant with the best looking corned beef.

            “G’day, sir,” he replied. “Might I interest you in the finest beef in town?”

            “Corned beef for me today. This one right here looks mighty nice.”

            “I’ll wrap it up for ya.”

            The merchants in Dublin are always so kind to their patrons. He pulled out a big sheet of butcher paper and wrapped my corned beef up very nicely. He tied string around it to keep it in the wrap. I paid the gentleman and then looked at the ham. This is why I wish I could raise pigs. There is nothing like a nice chunk of ham to go with some beans. I pointed at a section of ham and this gentleman wrapped it up for me. My shopping is now finished, and I wander the market just watching the people and looking at the wares. Up at the top of the road is a band with flutes and a fiddle. They are playing “The Rising of the Moon” and people are singing along. “By the rising of the moon, by the rising of the moon, by the rising of the moon, put yer pipe upon yer shoulder by the rising of the moon…” Here’s a song I can sing with Alison on the ride back to Killeigh.

            I spot Aiden and Alison in the crowd watching the musicians. I make my way to them. They are clapping and laughing. It’s good to see all having a fine time. The crowd applauded and the drumming began. Oh, I know this song. Finnegans Wake!

            “Whack fol da O, dance to yer partner, welt the floor yer trotters shake, Wasn’t it the truth I told ya, lots of fun at Finnegan’s wake!” People in the crowd grabbed each other arm on arm and began dancing a line jig. What fun!

            We were all out of breath when the music stopped for a moment. Aiden tapped me on the shoulder.

            “I think we should be goin’ before the day slips away. I would hate to be on the path at night.”

            “Certainly,” I responded.

            “Alison, it’s time to head back!” he yelled over the roar of a crowd having a fantastic time.

            “Oh pa, can’t we stay for just one more song?” pleaded Alison.

            “Alright, but just one more,” responded Aiden.

            Alison clapped and jumped up and down, excited to hear another song. Someone in the band let out a yelp. The fiddle began to play. I know this song also. “My Father’s Gun.”

 

 

“Come, listen now, I'll tell you how I came to leave Killarney, O,

I'm one of the boys that fears no noise, and me name is Paddy Kearney, O;

My father's name it was the same and my grandfather before him, O!

He carried this gun in " '98," when the green flag floated o'er him, O.

Then, O, what fun to see them run, and to leave a name in story, O!

With my father's gun I'll follow the drum, and fight my way to glory, O.”

 

 

            Alison is spinning around and waving her arms in glee. She sings along, and I notice Aiden softly singing along as well. Someone should put together a band to sing like this in the Killeigh town square. The depression of that small town could melt away with the singing and dancing to some good old Irish music. I see it is doing wonders here in Dublin.

            Aiden and I begin walking to the carriage. Alison stays behind briefly, then skips past us and meets us there. “I need to learn to play the fiddle, I think. I’ve always wanted to make music in a group like those people.”

            “Where will you get a fiddle, Alison?  Musical instruments are expensive,” I said completely seriously. “A fiddle can cost as much as a carriage!”

            “Well,” replied Alison, “I should learn to play before I consider buying one. There is a woman in Killeigh who gives lessons using her own fiddles.”

            “Wow!” I said, “Now this really sounds like a plan. If you end up being great at it, you could give concerts and charge people admission!”

            “I think it would be fantastic,” she said as she climbed aboard the carriage. “Should I learn the fiddle, or the flute?”

            Aiden looked in her direction, paused, and broke out into a hearty laugh. “Girl, if you learned to play the flute, you’d drive your dogs crazy. Sophie would jump out of her fur, and you know how Ralphie would act. Girl, the flute is out!”

            Alison frowned. “You’re probably right.”

I just grinned from ear to ear thinking about Alison playing the fiddle or the flute. I would dance a jig to her music. I know she loves music. That’s a big first step.

            “Speaking of music, didn’t you say you wanted to sing sailor songs on the way back?”

            “I didn’t forget!” She grinned from ear to ear and laughed. “Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate’s life for me!”

            We sang pirate songs, Blow the Man Down, The Pilots of Tiger Bay, The Bonnie Lass of Fyvie and Hoist the Colors.

            “Do you know Rant and Roar?” asked Alison.

            “I’ve never heard of it. Can you sing it?” I asked.

            “Let me think for a moment for the words,” she said as she got quiet for a moment.

            Aiden looked at us both and smiled again. “Here is where we need the pints of lager! Nothin’ goes with the sauce like a good sailor song!”

            “Here, here!” I agreed.

            Just then, Alison began to slowly sing, trying to remember the words to Rant and Roar.

 

            “We ran in to two gay Spanish ladies,

 Farewell and adieu ye ladies of Spain.

For we’ve received orders to sail for Old England,

But we hope in a short time to see you again.

 

We’ll rant and we’ll roar like two British sailors,

We’ll rant and we’ll roar all across the salt sea.

Until we strike soundings

In the channel of Old England

We shant be in the city for thirty five days”

 

 

            “Must be a British sailor song. It is very fun!” I said clapping my hands while she sings. “I love songs from the sea,” I said remembering that my father lives at sea. “You know Alison, my father is in the Navy, and he works on a fishing boat. I’ll bet he knows many more sailor songs.”

            Another carriage comes along side, carrying two Scottish men. They tipped their hats, and waved hello. They urged their horses to go faster.

            “This is too rough a dirt road for us to be going that fast. Our carriage would shake to bits,” said Aiden over the roar of the other carriage’s wheels. As soon as Aiden said this, the other carriage lost a wheel. The horses fell down and the carriage rolled over twice. We saw one of the men fly off his seat and the other is somewhere under the now wreck of a vehicle. The wheel that came loose kept going into the trees. Alison screamed.

            We pulled along side the mess and noticed that the man that was ejected was out cold. The other man is stuck under the carriage. He appears to be bleeding heavily.

            “C’mon, Aiden, we must try to get him out from under here!

            “My legs! I can’t move my legs!” yelled the trapped man.

            Aiden grabbed my shoulder. “He is hurt badly. Calm one of the horses and prepare to ride as quickly as you can to town. This man will need a doctor right away.”

            Aiden began trying to pull pieces of the carriage apart to free the man. “Don’t move!” Aiden said as he pushed the seat off the wreckage. One of the wheels that was still attached, no longer is now.

            “Alison, look away and come here!” I yelled trying to calm the horse. “See if you can get her to settle a bit so she can be ridden. Just don’t look over at us. I’m going to help your father.”

            Alison took the horse’s head in her hands and began whispering. It appeared to be working. I ran over to Aiden and tried to help him pick apart the carriage. We finally got the man free, but he was so very badly injured. Aiden immediately tried to stop the bleeding. He pulled off his shirt and made a tourniquet. “You see the leather cover is still mostly intact, take a rope and attach both sides to it so we can pull him behind the horse. Alison will have to hold him so he doesn’t bounce around too much.”

            I know exactly what he wants to do. I pulled my knife from my pocket and cut the top of the carriage free and pulled it away from the rest of the wreck. I took a rein and tied each end to it, making a way to pull it behind the horse. Aiden pulled a length of rope from his carriage, and prepared to tie it around the horse. We attached the leather top to it.

            “I think this will hold the weight of two. Alison, come here! Sit on this and take this gentleman into your arms. We needn’t have him jostle about so much on the way to town. “

            Alison nodded and sat down. Aiden pulled him over and laid the man in her arms. The man yelled in agony and gnashed his teeth. Alison tried talking to him to keep his mind away from the pain. “My name is Alison Gleeson,” she said to him.

            “I am Miles Schaunessy,” said the man and then he hollered in agony again. “That other man is my brother, Cedric. Don’t leave him behind, please, don’t leave him behind.”

            Alison looked at her father, and he looked back with understanding. “Thomas, we must check on this man’s brother.”

            They both ran over to the unconscious man who was laying face down in the mud. They turned him over. I slapped him lightly on the face. Aiden had a water canteen strapped to his side, and he splashed water onto Cedric’s face. Cedric came to a bit and we knew he should be alright. We picked him up, myself with his legs, and Aiden with his shoulders. We moved him to the back of the Gleeson carriage.

            “Now Thomas, I want you to get on that horse and ride as quickly to town as is safe for our injured fellow. Also keep in mind my daughter is with you. We need no more injuries on this voyage. Take him to the hospital and get a doctor quickly before this man bleeds to death. Now GO!”

            I jumped on the horse bareback and grabbed the reigns. We started out slowly and gained a bit of speed. I didn’t want the horse to go much faster than a gentle trot so the ride wouldn’t be so rough. Every few moments I heard our injured passenger yell out in agony. Alison was singing to him to keep him calm.

            We were more than half way back to Killeigh when the accident happened. This means it will be a relatively short ride. Thank goodness. Miles threw up on the ground. He must not like the sight of blood. Even though this was a short ride, it seemed to take an eternity. Aiden and the carriage went on up ahead and stopped. I came to a stop next to him.

            “I have a better idea than this,” said Aiden. “I suggested this method because of the severity of injury, not wanting to move him so much. However, I want you to grab one side of the cover and I will grab the other. Together we lift him onto the seat of the carriage. It will be faster this way, and the suspension you built into this carriage will lessen the jostling.”

            “Why didn’t I think of that?” I said shocked.

            “Our brains don’t always work out all of the details in an emergency. We acted right. Now…LIFT!”

            We placed Mr. Schaunessy into the carriage and we all took off together after I attached his horse to the Gleason carriage. Now we have three horses.

            “Oh this is a horrible ending to a wonderful day!” cried Alison.

            “You just keep pressure on Mile’s wounds to keep the bleeding down. He’s lost a lot of blood and he needn’t lose any more.”

            Alison wiped the tears from her eyes and put more pressure on the wounds. We pulled right up to the front of the hospital and I jumped out of the carriage before it stopped completely. I burst through the door and screamed for a doctor. Immediately, the staff jumped to action. There is a stretcher going out the door. Four nurses moved Miles to the rolling bed. They swarmed around him, pushed him into the building and down the hallway. I am out of breath, and fell into a chair, breathing heavily. Mr. Schaunessy is now in proper hands.

The hospital is now bustling with nurses in a hurry. Three are hurrying down the hallway toward the emergency ward, following Miles on the stretcher. Alison sat down in the waiting area and buried her head in her hands. I hear her sobbing. As I was about to hug her to give her some comfort after the shock she just experienced, my mother walked into the room. She didn’t see me at first. I just stood there quietly. She looked up and our eyes met.

“Thomas”, she sighed, “I thought I told you never to come here while I’m working,” She looked at me sternly and picked up a pile of papers.

“I am here because of Mr. Schaunessy. He was in an awful accident and I needed to make sure he would receive proper care because he was badly hurt,” I explained to her.

“You brought that poor fellow here? He is so terribly injured. The emergency ward is locked down while our best doctors try to stop his bleeding. I am hoping he is stabilized within the hour, but we just don’t know. It was very responsible to get him here so quickly. Much longer without attention and he very well might have died!” She looked heartbroken.

“I witnessed the accident. He was riding along too quickly in a poorly built carriage. His brother was with him. He is standing outside. He wasn’t injured nearly as bad as Miles. When we are sure Miles is stable, he will have the doctors attend to his injuries,” I said pointing at the shadow of a man on the window of the outside door.

“I’ll let you know if Mr. Schaunessy’s condition improves. We will have a look at his brother as well. You are certain his injuries aren’t serious?” 

“He wants you to take care of Miles first.”

“Very well then,” mother said as she turned around and rushed into the supply room.
I know that this hospital is full of  very ill folk. The normal calm has been interrupted by the arrival of Miles. Alison sits by herself, still stunned by the accident.She is sobbing softly. I notice a phonograph on a counter opposite Alison’s seat. Already in place is a selection of music by the great composer Beethoven. I began to play Für Elise. Alison’s sobbing softened and eventually stopped. I sat down next to her.

“Darling, are you alright?” I asked her deeply concerned. “I know today has has gone from wonderful to terrible quickly. Please don’t worry. Mr. Schaunessy is in capable hands and he should recover.”

“How do you know this, Mr. O’Ryain? He looked so very terrible when they took him down that hallway.”

“In a bit, I will check on Cedric, and have him find out what Miles’ condition is. We won’t leave until my mother tells us he is stable. I won’t bother them for a while. The emergency ward is quite busy now that we have brought Miles in,” I explained as I hugged Alison tightly and kissed the top of her head. “Miles will be alright.”

“I saw his injuries! He has broken bones, he was bleeding everywhere!” Alison said beginning to cry again. “How could anyone live through something like this?”

“Shhh my darling girl. Bringing him to this hospital is the best action we could have taken. My mother said we arrived just in the nick of time. He could have died if we hadn’t. What I want you to do is choose some music to play. I will go out and talk to Cedric for a few minutes. We will all sit and listen to music and wait. Is that okay? Alison nodded.

I poked my head out the door to check on Cedric. Cedric is leaning against the hospital exterior smoking a pipe. I tapped him on the shoulder. I startled him.

“Thomas! Don’t sneak up on a man like that. How is Miles?”

“Miles has been taken to the emergency ward. My mother said we arrived just in time. Much longer and he would have died,” I said softly.

“Probably due to loss of blood. I want to see how he is doing, but I should leave the doctors alone for a while they attempt to stabilize his condition.”

“Come inside with myself and Alison. She has selected some good music to calm our nerves,” I said pointing at the door.

“Do they have coffee?” asked Cedric as he straightened up.

“I believe they do. Come with me. We can sit in here.”

Alison has chosen a most wonderful piece of music to play. “This is wonderful, Alison! What is it?”

“Igor Stravinsky. I am not sure of the name of the piece, but it’s Stravinsky,” Alison explained.

“Well I like it,” I said hugging her again.

“You really love music, don’t you Alison?” asked Cedric.

“Absolutely Mr. Schaunessy. Music inspires me.”

“Can you play any instruments Miss. Gleeson?” 

“Not yet, but I have my eye on the fiddle. I would love to be able to play some traditional Irish music,” explained Alison.

My mother came around the corner. I straightened up and looked concerned.

“Any progress?” I asked.

“Mr. Schaunessy is in stable condition at this time,” she said frowning a bit.

“That is good news!” exlaimed Cedric.

“I’m so worried for him,” said Alison.

“This is not bad news,” I replied to her.

“This is still early. He has lost quite a bit of blood,” explained mother.

“I’m the same blood type as he is, if I can be of any help,” said Cedric.

“I will let the doctors know Mr. Schaunessy. He might need a few pints of your blood in order to survive this calamity. I will let you know after I speak to the doctors.”

“If I can be of any help to my brother, I am more than willing Mrs. O’Ryain.”

“I just came to let you know what his condition is and to take some supplies to the surgeons. I’ll come back to let you know how he is doing as soon as I know more.”

“Much obliged Mrs. O’Ryain.”

Mother took some towels from a closet and went back to the emergency ward.

“Well this isn’t bad news,” I said looking at Alison.

“It’s not good news either, Thomas,” said Alison.

“We just have to wait a bit longer,” I said hugging Alison again.

“Maybe we should say a prayer for Mr. Schaunesssy,” said Alison.

“I’ll lead the prayer for my brother,” said Cedric.

As Cedric was saying his prayer, my mother entered the room and stopped quietly. When Cedric finished, she came over to us.

“What is the news ma’am?” anxiously asked Cedric. “Will he be alright?”

“Mr. Schaunessy has lost a considerable amount of blood. I came to find out if you and he had compatible blood types,” she said quite seriously.

“I have no clue if we are compatible,” Cedric said sitting up straight. “Is there a way to find out? I assumed our blood types were the same.”

“Yes sir,” mother said, “We will need to take a small sample of your blood and test it to be certain. Would you be willing to donate some of your blood to your brother if you are a match?”

“Without hesitation, dear lady. You just tell me what I must do and I will cooperate fully,” said Cedric with hope in his voice.

“This way, Mr. Schaunessy.”

Mother and Cedric disappeared and it was just myself alone with Alison. 

Alison sobs softly. I pull her into a hug and motion for us to sit. 

“Alison, the most important thing right now is that Mr. Schaunessy is still alive. This terrible accident did not take his life. For this we must be grateful,” I consoled this grieving girl.

“I will be fine, Thomas. I just never once thought I would witness something so terrible,” Alison replied in a hushed tone.

Alison makes my heart heavy. For such a tremendous day to be ruined by something so terrible is nothing either of us could have imagined. “Let’s just let the doctors do what they are good at. We just have to wait.”

 

 

Chapter 2

 

Offaly Sisters of Mercy is a seventy year old infirmary dedicated by the archbishop to serve Killeigh and the surrounding villages.It comprises of three wings and two floors, humbly constucted out of stone and moarter. It is surrounded by old birch trees from which one hangs a rope swing. The drive is a half-circle, allowing entry and exiting simultaneously. It’s rather efficient.

Fiona and I were born in this hospital. Ewan was born in Dublin. I would like to fancy myself being a father one day, but one must meet the right woman. 

 A few hundred meters away, there is a noise of playing children. There is also the sound of a frustrated woman trying to reign in the noisy pre-teens. After the morning rain, the lanes are puddles and mud. The little monsters are jumping in it and making a terrible mess. The youngest runs into the middle of the path. The young woman runs out and grabs the tyke just before a carriage rode past. 

“Connor, what have I said about playing on the road!?”

This young woman was Fiona, my sister. I waved but she was too busy with the children. Just as she turned to face the other two, Connor ran into the road again. This time he fell flat on his face and started to cry.

“Do ye see what I’m sayin’ to ye, Connor? Stay away from the road! Reprimanded Fiona. “Clara, Grace, come with me. We have to take young Connor here to see the doctor for the bump on his noggin.”

Fiona headed in my direction and I smiled. My goodness she will make a fine mother one day.

“You certainly have your hands full this afternoon, miss.”

“Keepin’ them in line is a full time job, mister.” She looked up and was surprised. “Thomas! What are ye doin’ here?”

I brought a gentleman in who was in an awful mishap today. Mother is keeping us informed of his condition.”

“Mother needs to bandage this buggar’s knees and look at the bump on his forehead. Runnin’ into the road like a crazy child. I’m ready to pull my hair out.” the exasperated woman said, a bit out of breath.

Connor was struggling against Fiona’s grip to try to get away. Fiona is stronger than he is.

“Just where do you think you’re going, mister? I can hang onto you until you wear yourself out. Wait until I tell your mother!”

“Noooo!” cried Connor. “Don’t tell mother! She will get mean.”

“GOOD,” harrumphed Fiona. “Maybe she’ll take a strap to your behind and teach you not to play in the road. It’s the best way to get yerself killed.”

Aiden has reappeared. “The carriage is secure and I’ve had a smoke,” sighs Mr. Gleeson. “What’s  the word on Miles’ condition?”

“He has lost much blood. Cedric may have to donate some of his if their blood types are a match. I believe they have been successful in stopping the bleeding,” I explained quite seriously. “Fiona is here with the Brennan children. Connor fell and bumped his head and skinned his knees.” 

I turned to Fiona, “Mother may not be able to help you right away. She is busy with Mr. Schaunessy’s severe injury. I’ll go let her know you are here.”

“That would be ever so kind, Thomas. I have to make sure this demon doesn’t run off. CONNOR! Quit yer squirmin’.”

“I’ll find a nurse.”

I walked back into the hospital and over to Alison. “My sister Fiona is out there with the Flannery children. Go keep her company for her while I find someone to look at the little one’s 

 

scrapes and bruises.”

“Fiona!” Alison exclaimed as she jumped from her seat to run out the door.

“Well hello, Alison. How is it you are here as well?”

“Thomas came with us to Dublin today. On the way back, Miles and Cedric Schaunessy had a terrible accident with their carriage. Miles was hurt very badly. I had no choice but to come along. I was trying to stop the bleeding on Miles’ leg,” explained a shaken up Alison.

“It was good thinking to get him here to the hospital, little one. Miles will get the help he needs here.”

“I just hope we were quick enough. You didn’t see how horrible he looked. Miles lost so much blood his brother may have to give some of his,” Alison fidgeted nervously.

“I brought Grace and Clara with me,” Fiona pointed. “You stay and talk to them while I get this monster inside to see a nurse.”

I met Fiona just inside. “Mother said to sit tight. She will fetch someone to look at the little man’s knees and head. So these are the terrible Brennan little ones?”

“I might have to tie this one up so he can sit tight. I don’t think he is hurt too badly. He will not cooperate today. Running into the road, making messes in the mud, he’s much like Ewan. Have ye heard from Ewan?”

“Not since last you did. I hope he is keeping out of trouble.” 

“You know Ewan. Trouble is his middle name. This is Clara and Grace. They are much more behaved than this MONSTER.”

“I am no monster, you evil WITCH!” shouter Connor. I raised my eyebrows and looked at Fiona.

“He’s at the age where he thinks he can do anything. He’s going to get himself killed one day, he is.”

Just then, Alice came around the corner.

“Good, a nurse,” deduced Fiona.

“So good to see you, Alice!” taking her hand and giving her a gentle hug, “I’m glad it’s you who will look at this young man.”

“Got yerself in a bit of a scrape, have you?” Alice said with a wink. “Follow me so we can look at that bump.”

“Alison here told me you went to Dublin today. Please say you went shopping.”

“Oh yes. I bought some much needed food items. Cabbage, bread, ham and corned beef. Was there anything you needed?”

“Oh what you bought should be just fine. I’ll have something nice made with the ham,” said Fiona. “I will need to cut some firewood.”

“There is some behind the big old oak tree by the stream. I will have to bring some in so it can dry after today’s rain,” I explained to Fiona.

Aiden sat down and wiped his forehead. “It will be getting late soon. I may have to take Alison home.”

“I will stay until mother says that Miles is under control. Cedric should be back soon unless his blood type is a match.”

Just then, mother returned. “Mr. Schaunessy is going to need to remain under care for at least seven days. Hi brother’s blood was a match. Hello Fiona. Little Connor’s head will be fine. His knees were just scraped up and required cleaning.”

“Oh Mrs. O’Raiyan, I knew Connor was not hurt badly. Just as a caretaker, I must be certain,” Fiona laughed. “Let’s get you children back to your house. I need to begin supper.”

“Just a minute, Fiona,” I stopped her. “I have something for these little monsters in the wagon. Don’t just give it to them. Make them earn it.”

“Do I dare ask what it is?” Fiona inquired.

“Just come with me.” I led her out to the carriage. “A few cookies from Sean,” I said handing her a bag. “He gave these to me with instructions that they were for the children.”

“They most certainly will have to earn these. But not before I have one myself,” said Fiona snatching the bag away.

“Have two. They should only get one a piece.”

“Well that was right nice of Mr. �" Tighearnaigh. Thank him for me. I am assuming a visit to The Bread Man means you have bread?”

“Most certainly. Three loaves. This one is for you. Compliments of Mr. �" Tighearnaigh.” I said handing her the second wheat loaf.

“Sean is such a nice man. We must find a way to thank him properly.”

Fiona headed off with the three children.

I went back in to the lobby where Cedric and the Gleesons were waiting. Alison was listening to Mozart and Aiden was talking to Cedric. “Cedric here says he is a dairy farmer,” Aiden smacked Cedric’s shoulder. “He was returning to Kildare after a profitable day at market in Dublin.”

Mother waked up behind Cedric.

“Your blood type is a match, Mr. Schaunessy. The doctors would like to see you now.”

“Jesus be praised! There is hope.”

“Yes, Mr. Schaunessy. The surgeons are stitching up his open wounds. We will store your blood until he is healed enough to give him a transfusion from you. This way, Mr. Schaunessy.”

“Oh that is wonderful news!” Alison was ecstatic. 

“Now we wait for Cedric. How much blood do you think he will have to give?” wondered Aiden.

“The doctors must decide this,” I replied. “Cedric could be back there for a bit.”

“I am glad we ate with Eileen. This could be a very long night. At some point, I must get Alison home. Alison dear?”

“Yes papa?” replied Alison turning around.

“You tell me when you become tired. The Schaunessys may be here for quite a while.” 

“We should give Mr. O’Raiyan a ride back. We should wait a bit longer. Is there any tea or coffee?”

Mother walked up behind Aiden. “Cedric is in blood collection now. He should be finished within an hour. Afterward, he will likely need to eat something. We have the kitchen preparing something for him with plenty of iron. It would be best if you all would go home and return tomorrow. Cedric will stay overnight. Miles may be here a week or longer.”

“Well it’s settled then,” said Aiden. “Let’s get back on the trail home.”

I agree. This accident has made this a very long day, and Lucky needs fed.

We all gathered up in the Gleeson carriage and headed back into the heart of Killeigh. The sun has set and there is just a little bit of glow in the sky. Most of the clouds have passed on. The stars have already started to poke through what is left of the sunlight. A cool breeze has begun to blow. 

“It looks like we may have a nice night tonight,” observed Aiden. 

“I don’t care. Today has made me so very tired. I don’t need another scare like this again,” complained Alison.

“Aye, Alison. I think we have had our fill of exciting days for a while. I hope tomorrow is uneventful,” replied Aiden.

“One never knows what will happen each day,” I said gazing at the stars appearing. “I think we should be grateful we were in the right place at the right time.”

“Imagine if they didn’t have our help today!” Alison was serious. “Mr. Schaunessy surely would have died.”

“The important thing is that he didn’t. We were in the right place at the correct time and helped. We did what we needed to do,” I sighed now getting quite tired myself. 

The night time sounds of Ireland have become louder. Crickets, owls, frogs. It’s like a nature symphony. I fall asleep to this sound nearly every night. My goodness how I love this country.

 

 

Chapter 3

 

It was a rough night. After the tragedy with the Schaunessys, I found it quite difficult to sleep. Lucky was upset at me being out all day. Lucky can’t take visits to town as everything frightens him. The sun is beginning to rise over the green hills and the birds are singing their morning songs. Lucky is sleeping on the floor by the bed instead of the pile of blankets I intended to be his bed. He missed his owner so much. I sat up and stretched. I feel hungry. I bet Lucky is hungry as well. I put my slippers on and go into the kitchen. Lucky follows.

“Good morning, boy,” I yawned. “Is it breakfast time?”

Lucky wags his tail and whines softly as I tear off a piece of bread. I hold it up and Lucky’s eyes are fixated on it. “Do you want some bread?” I held it just above his nose. Lucky stood up on his back paws and grabbed it from my fingers. I had saved a few chunks of meat from the lamb stew at Ms. Trineer’s and I placed it on a plate with a little more bread. Lucky’s attention was certainly on what I was doing. 

“Just a minute, boy.” I laid out a few chunks of carrots and potato. “Sit down, Lucky.” Lucky sat impatiently as I took his plate over to my lounge chair. As soon as I sat the plate down, Lucky was right behind me. “Yes, this is for you.” Lucky showed his gratitude and ate his meal slowly.

I opened the door, stepped outside and took a deep breath. The air is sweet after yesterday’s rain. 

 

© 2019 BlueEyedCubTN


Author's Note

BlueEyedCubTN
It has been years since I've written dialogue. I want to know if I am doing it correctly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

some people might love this--for myself-not much to hold my interest-don't like a lot of dialogue myself,but you do have some talent-keep working on it

Posted 10 Years Ago


BlueEyedCubTN

10 Years Ago

You found the first chapter of my book! It is going to be dialogue heavy, but it needs to be. Much w.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

632 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 25, 2012
Last Updated on February 21, 2019

Author

BlueEyedCubTN
BlueEyedCubTN

Mesa, AZ



About
I live in Phoenix, AZ. I love photography and writing. I often get inspired by the smallest things. Film is very interesting to me. I love sci-fi, historical dramas, and epic adventures. My mind is al.. more..

Writing