Jar of Hearts.

Jar of Hearts.

A Story by Needy
"

SOmething that i want to finish but have NO idea how.. Any helpful comments are very well appreciated. Thanks!

"

"Snow. Wake up."

My mothers voice shook me out of my dream.

I opened my eyes to see my mother standing over me with a bucket of melting snow.

I jolted up. "What are you doing?"

She laughed placing the bucket on my bed side table,

"I was just trying to wake you up. Like usual. Snow day." My mom pranced out of the room, laughing.

I sighed. Sometimes I think my family is mental.

I swung my legs out of bed, and walked over to my window opening it.

I grabbed the bucket of snow and dumped it out.

I quickly closed my window shivering, I went over to my closet and got out my Snuggie.

"Mom, where's my dog?" I yelled.

She quickly answered something in a mummble.

"What?" I demanded, turning off my radio.

"I don't know. It's YOUR dog!" She yelled louder.

I sighed. Opening my door and walking out into the kitchen.

It was freezing in my house. I could see my breath, literally.

I opened the front door and yelled for my dog. After a couple minutes of standing there I got it that he wasnt outside.

"Why is the front door open?" Mom asked annoyed.

"Its not." closing the door.

She came in with her bright pink fuzzy robe on. "Whatever. Do you want some pancakes?" She was holding a frying pan with butter in it and in the other hand she was holding a spacula.

"Yeah, sure. Thanks." I said.

"No thank you. Your making them." She handed me the things, and quickly turned away walking down the hall way to her room. Slamming the door behind her.

I sighed, walking into the kitchen murmmering underneath my breath.

"What a great mother you are. Making your daughter cook when its her birthday."

I grabbed the ingrediants for pancakes and the pancake mix. Grabbed a big bowl, and started mixing.

I flicked on the old radio, letting it warm up. It started creeking and then tuned to 94.1. I started singing to it, when I heard my mom and her boyfriend start fighting. I turned the radio up as far as it went. Which made the static worse, but no fighting when I am cooking.

I started singing louder as I poured the mix onto the heated skillet. It started sisseling as I poured more pancakes on.

I heard them start arguing about something to do with me. I turned down the radio a notch and listened more closely.

I heard something slam and a scream. My mom screamed. I flinched alittle as I heard something huge fall to the ground. I ran to the door, and knocked frantically.

"What the hell is going on?" I yelled. I grabbed the handle and tried to turn it but it was locked.

"Everything is fine. Go back to what you were doing." I heard my moms boyfriend say.

"Mom?" I called.

There was no answer.

"Mom!" I called louder. I tried turning the door handel more.

The door made an unlocking noise, and opened slowly.

I caught my breath as I saw my mom sitting down on the ground looking up at me.

I looked around to see that my mom's boyfriend wasn't there. Just her.

"Where is Sam?" I asked bending down to meet her height.

"He's here. Where are the pancakes?" She asked me smiling.

"Crap." Getting up I ran to the kitchen. The pancakes were burnt, all three of them. I quickly threw them away and started on three more.

"Where are the pancakes?" She asking again louder.

"Coming!" I flipped over the ones cooking, and poured more on.

I quickly made the rest of the batch, and placed them on the table along with the powdered sugar and syrup.

"Mom they are done!" I yelled out to her.

"Okay I will be right in." She yelled back.

I got two plates out and sat down grabbing two pancakes. I drenched them in syrup and started to cut them with a fork.

My mom walked in wearing a short skirt that was mine and a really low cut shirt that she usually wore a tanktop under it but not this time. She sat down and grabbed four pancakes and poured some powdered sugar on them with syrup.

"It's not polite to stare Snow." She said not meeting my gaze.

"What are you wearing?" I asked simply.

She pushed out her chest alittle more and shrugged. "Do you like it?"

I laughed with a bite of pancake in my mouth. "You look skanky."

"Excuse me? Don't talk to your mother like that Missy." She yelled.

"Sorry. You do." I said laughing alittle.

She tilted her head straightening her neck. She made a scowling face and screamed out in pain.

The next thing I knew was that I found the phone in my hand dialing 911. We were in the ambulence and then I was sitting in the waiting room waiting for hours into the night.

My stomach groaned as I realized I was hungry. Getting up I walked to the vending machine in the hallway.

I dug in my pocket to find three quarters, slidding them into the machine I pushed the numbers. Retreiving the food I bought i popped open the bag of deritos.

Sitting back down I looked around to see who was in the waiting room with me. There were a couple of old people and a kid at least three years older than me. He looked sad, his hood covering his face, so I didnt know what he looked like. But his body posture said it all. Leave me alone.

I looked at the old clock in the room. I've been here for two hours, I sighed and layed down on the bench.

I heard a frantic voice and opened my eyes to see a doctor slip down the hallway. He was all bloody, as if he got into a war with a porcupine. He was looking up and down the hallway to the waiting room. His eyes locked down on mine. He hurried over and pointed over to me to meet him. I got up and walked quickly over to him.

        "Your mother." He quickly said out of breath. He gasped for air then continued. "Shes alive. But barley. Shes still breathing but not responding to anything."

"Can I see her at least? Maybe I can do something to help?" I pleaded.

He nodded. I fallowed him to the room in which my mother was held.

It was a big white room with plain walls and a dull blue curtain. Behind the curtian was what I was afriad of.

© 2013 Needy


Author's Note

Needy
This is a VERY rough copy. No judge

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
Added on December 17, 2010
Last Updated on January 4, 2013

Author

Needy
Needy

Victor, TX



Writing