Kuruk and the White wolves.

Kuruk and the White wolves.

A Story by RosylnPeaches
"

Prologue .. sort of for this story.

"
She mawled the ground with a thin stick , aggresively she through the stick which flew straight into the direction of a dark mocha coloured boy. He ducked swiftly as the stick narrowly missed his head and rustled the feathers in his scalplock. He stood up and rearranged them in his glossy black hair. He was Chief Dyami Calu's son Kuruk and he was a brave and compassionate boy but he was hoplessly lost. Lost in what had his heart burning all the time .
He stared long and hard at the beautiful girl sitting alone  . Her eyes were dark and he forgot what words he was about to say, he felt a nasty dragging sensation from inside his chest when he seen tears glisten on her face from the burning sun.
"Luyu?" he said questioningly. She held her oval face up to look at him with her piercing jade eyes . She sat cross legged and stared at the sky under Broken Tree. The Calu tribe held this massive tree sacred to their people, it was a tree of hope. She began twisting her braid between her fingers. He sat beside her in silence and caressed his finger along her russet skin.

 Luyu meant Wild Dove, Chief Dyami had named her it when she was a small child. She was not his child nor one of his people she was a white womans baby- a half breed of Calu. The white woman  had been stolen by one of Chief Dyami's tribe. She fell in love with her captor Ahote, The Restless One . The Calu accepted her as Ahote's wife but the white woman's husband and his savages came to The Calu and wreaked havoc but Chief Dyami slayed many and told the woman's husband to leave while he still had life , he did. But, Ahote and his new wife feared something would happen again but months lingered by and Ahote's wife grew bigger, they had named her Chenoa- "Dove" and rejoiced that Ahote had a new life coming. Chenoa bore him a daughter but they could not choose a name for their beautiful daughter with bright green eyes. Chenoa's white husband heard of his wife's new arrival and became enraged, he saddled up and told many men to join him for "a hunt" as he called it.
They were white devils screaming for blood. Stealthily and quiet they searched for the lovers and their bundle of joy. The husband crept into Ahote's home and dragged him and his wife from their home without a sound .
On Maywalka Hill next morning was a raging fire the Chief and his men realised Ahote and Chenoa were missing but The Chief already knew that engulfed in that fire were the two lovers . The Calu tribe cried all morning over the ash bodies and the Chief decided he would not let them die in vain but his wife stopped him and asked where the child was. "Where is Ahote's child?!" she screamed. They searched high and low and she couldn't be found. The Chief ,submerged in a frenzy, declared war on the white man. He slaughtered all of the men in Chenoa's  village and told the the villagers to heed his warning. "Any white man ever steps on my land , he will die and son's will die and his son's son's!" He bellowed and rode back to the Calu Lands. The Calu tribe mourned the young family for many days . Chief  Dyami scattered the ashes by Broken Tree and left Chenoa , Ahote and their daughter to rest.
Many weeks later The Chiefs wife said she was pregnant. They celebrated for a week and on the seventh night of celebrations a grey wolf strode slowly into the clearing out from the dark depths of the forest, her stride was fearless but what amazed everyone was the wolf had a babe by its clothing in her mouth. The child did not cry and eyes bulged with astonishment at the wolf standing before the chief. It set the baby in front of him and bore her  piercing blue eyes deep into his soul. The wolf swung itss head back and howled longingly at the exquisite silver moon. It turned slowly and ran back towards the forest like a lightning bolt, a blurred vision. Dyami thought it a dream but went down to the child on the ground. It was a small baby girl with rosy tinted cheeks, russet skin and black curls. Dyami knew this was Ahote's daughter , the missing dove, the wild dove, Luyu.

Kuruk placed his hand on Luyus, softly touching her silk like skin. "Why are you unhappy.?" he whispered.
She spoke shakily. "You know I never felt like I belonged here... Someone want's me  and I know something bad is about to happen.." She trailed off and looked at her feet , rubbing the bright yellow and white beads from her moccasins off one another. He intertwined his fingers with hers and held their hands tightly but gently at his chest " Nothing and no-one will ever harm you, ever . All I want you to do is smile now. I am your protector."
He pressed her hand downward on his bare chest she could feel the warmth of his skin and the  silent beating of his heart. "Nothing will happen, not while air still makes my heart beat." He gazed deeply into her eyes and she couldn't help but keeping his stare . He meant every word. She admired the rays of light that danced across his eyes,the black glossy hair that shone like liquid but she loved his heart and it's slow, beating rythm. She leaned towards him and he to her as their lips caressed lovingly. A low snarl started from right behind them and Kuruk immediately swung himself in front of Luyu his knife out and ready to pounce. A slit of white beaming light emerged from the Broken Tree and it began to expand immensly, Luyu was frozen in awe more than fear. The hole of blinding light had enlarged the tree to six foot wide , eight foot high. Kuruk clasped Luyu's hand in his own she could feel his quickened heartbeat pound through his hand. A low raspy snarl started again and two men with large piercing blue eyes , dressed in white and grey fur walked carefully out from this hole .Cautiously one eyed Kuruk as if he were prey in an animal like way moving his head and sniffing the air intensly and finally smiling to bear sharp sparkling white razor teeth .

© 2010 RosylnPeaches


Author's Note

RosylnPeaches
Please give me all the critique you can :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

what happens???????? ahhhhhhh!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


There is a lot of description and it's a great read. Only problems I would say would be minor grammatical errors and whatnot. :D But I still enjoyed reading this very much.

Posted 13 Years Ago


you put this story together wonderfully. very well detailed in visuals... i enjoyed it

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 29, 2010
Last Updated on April 30, 2010

Author

RosylnPeaches
RosylnPeaches

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland



About
I write because my heart tells me to. What i write is not always right but its me , it's how I feel , what I see. What I choose to believe. more..

Writing