Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Lajja P

"JASON MARBECKS GET OUT OF YOUR BED AND GET DOWN FOR BREAKFAST NOW!!!"
Oh no! Lee was mad. She never says my whole name unless I'm in big trouble.
Peeling back the soft dark blue duvet I sit up on my bed thinking what I had done wrong. I don't remember doing anything so bad that Lee would get that mad. I can tell when she is extremely mad, mad, or just pissed off. She has a different way of saying everything. When she's extremely mad she says my WHOLE name - Jason Paul Marbecks. When she's mad she uses only the name and last name. When she's pissed off she uses Jason. My nickname is Jay, everyone calls me that.

I swing to the edge of the bed, using my bedside table as a support I swing around and land perfectly on my wheelchair. I have mastered the art of swinging to and fro the wheelchair without any help. I have been on the wheelchair for 14 years, it gets easier as you get used to it. 

My usual routine is waking up and turning on the music then getting ready, packing my bag for school, doing any quick homework I hadn't done the night before and then finally turning off the music and going downstairs for breakfast. Today though I don't think I could turn on the music and take my time, Lee's anger is uncontrollable. You can't ever make her wait. So I reverse my wheelchair and go right in the en-suit bathroom and brush my teeth. Everything else could wait.

For my convenience Lee thought it would be nice to have ramps and a lift in the house so I can get around easily. You would be wondering why not just get a one story house? Well it was Lee's dream to live in a big house with two stories, a big garden and a pool (even though no one uses the pool). So to make it easier for me she got the ramps and a lift installed in the house.  

Going down for breakfast is fun, the lift that takes me down to the kitchen is trés cool. By the way just to let you know I'm a bit of a French junkie, I'm always top in French at school. Anywho back to the very cool ride down to the kitchen, the lift is made of wood and it’s very quite but it does this rocky thing. It’s like you know it's going to fall down any second but it doesn't, it’s quite a thrill if you’re in a wheelchair. 

As I entered the kitchen I saw Lee sitting on the bench top with her feet propped up on the wine coloured bar stool, she was wearing a nice maroon coloured woolen jersey, the ones that don't itch and some very nice tight fitting skin coloured trousers, perfect for the kind of season we were in. Her wet hair tied back in a lose bun with bobby pins to keep the hair away from her very, very hypnotizing green eyes.

"Good Morning Lee, You seemed pretty happy today when you yelled my name and ordered me to come down here. What’s up?

"Lee just smiled at me. The kind of smile that is cheeky but telling you to forget it. 

"OH!!!. I get it. Matt called and canceled did he not?" Matthew Wilson. Lee's photographer boyfriend.

"Yes, Matt as usual cancelled on me, we were going to have one of the most romantic times in our two years together, but he had more important things to do" said Lee. Her eyes started to water and the lips started to give away, I knew she was going to break down. 

Matt hadn’t really cancelled, he was going to invite her to his apartment tonight, and he was going to propose to her. Matt had told me this a few weeks ago, he trusts me to keep it a secret. Only three people know about it, Matt, me and my bestie - Sammy. 



© 2010 Lajja P


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
Added on January 15, 2010
Last Updated on January 26, 2010


Author

Lajja P
Lajja P

Auckland, New Zealand



About
Living in a dreamland. Different from birth. Want to keep it that way more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Lajja P


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Lajja P