Star Check

Star Check

A Story by Bluebird

Today's an ending. The last of my Write to Recovery sessions. And while it may seem final, I want to remind myself that although the sessions may have ended I shouldn't stop with the things that I have learnt, experienced or morph into the person I am becoming.


In here I've been able to take off my mask and bare all to my fellow writers. I might have to re-adorn my mask in the outside world for my own self-preservation or to protect those I cherish but now I know that there are many masks to choose from.


Endings vary from those which are inevitable to ones that strike without warning, setting fire to so many rawer feelings that you haven't had time to prepare for or know the best way to put them out.


It's hard sometimes to see endings in friendships, relationships, careers or travels in a positive light but I must remind myself that some are what we want or need.


Maybe endings are hard to deal with because you as a person are not at your strongest, the fear of change or uncertainty is too great.


I'm trying to change this creature of habit into one who might see things in a more positive light, an opportunity for a new beginning. Endings aren't always final as they are hopefully a vehicle to the next door of fate.


Maybe doors close but who's to say they are locked? If I'm strong enough to push I can go back in or choose a different one! I need to remember that I'm the one with the key and when I'm ready to, can boldly go where I might not have gone before.

© 2019 Bluebird


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have learnt much wisdom. Here is a new door, a place to find fellow writers and form bonds that transcend time and place. I hope you find comfort and strength.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this Bluebird, it sounds like you have metamorphically grown and changed and learned a whole lot about who you are in your writing here on writerscafe. That is wonderful news to hear. Long may you grow and learn. And hopefully, stay around on here too. I look forward to reading so much more from you. Dawn.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Bluebird

5 Years Ago

Thats really kind of you to say
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

My pleasure Bluebird. Be looking out for more form you. :) Dawn.
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

My pleasure Bluebird. Be looking out for more form you. :) Dawn.
Plz don’t leave the cafe lol I’ve only just dis covered you !! Love this can’t wait to read your others

Posted 5 Years Ago


Bluebird

5 Years Ago

No intention of doing so. Been getting some great feedback and reading others will make me try to up.. read more
Julie McCarthy (juliespenhere)

5 Years Ago

Ok good thanks

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
3 Reviews
Added on March 6, 2019
Last Updated on March 9, 2019

Author

Bluebird
Bluebird

Glasgow, United Kingdom



About
Newbie more..

Writing