Diable

Diable

A Story by Bluebird91
"

What would you do if you saw a creature digging in the flesh of your loved one?

"

Barnaby gently laid the corpse down in a puddle of his own urine. She was starting to feel ice cold and her blood slowed to an even flow. Her opened flesh dangled out of her tattered clothes. To others, it looked like a bear mulled her to shreds. But to Barnaby, she looked like a satisfied meal. Dipping his face into the sweet meat he gorged on fat and tissue. Drinking his cold piss, that was now mixed with her blood, he lifted his head and screamed. It wasn't a scream of terror, nor a scream of pain. The scream he bellowed was of pleasure. The taste of her meat on his tongue was delicious. The sweetness of her health pulled at his loins. The taste was better than anything he could think of; it was even better than rape. He never tasted something so pleasurable. That caused his curiosity to peek. "What made this mere mortal so tasteful," he wondered. He sniffed over the body until his nose landing over her stomach. Digging through her entrails his talons landed on something that was soft yet cold as well. Yanking it out he was met by a fetus no bigger than his fist. He examined it closely before taking a sniff. What he smelled sent a shutter down his spine. Opening his mouth wide he plopped the fetus into his mouth and chumped down with a sickening pop. Licking the residue from his lips with a satisfied belch he stretched out his limbs to the moon above. Suddenly, his left ear twitched.

"Hello? I..Is someone out there?"

Barnaby quickly jumped in the bushes. A blinding light flooded the area he once was in. As he watched the figure inch closer to the corpse he heard an utter cry, followed by a wail. The cottage began to glow as the figures start lighting candles. A large crowd formed around what was left of his dinner.

"Who could have done this!" bellowed a villager.

"It's the second one this week!" screeched another.

"She was with child!" Yelled the man who found her.

The crowd was too much for Barnaby. He couldn't enjoy his meal in peace. He didn't want to leave his tasty mortal because he never had met so mouthwatering, so delectable. Turning his back towards the crowd he thought of a plan. Barnaby made up his mind that he wasn't leaving without his morsels. Turning around he came face to face with the guy who found his dinner.

"What the hell?" said the man as he leaned it to get a better look. Barnaby took the opportunity to screech before launching himself unto the man. Screams burst around him as his teeth connected with the mans neck. Making sure he was locked on an artery he tore through flesh, making the guys blood spray unto the screaming villagers. A child, who was left behind, glanced up at the beast. The beast body was pure black. His horns curved back into a letter C. His eyes was a blazing red. He had hooves for feet and talons for hands. His face was the shape of a bird and a bull. Blood ooze down his iron chest as he breathed in heavily. Barnaby eyes landed on the small child that was gawking it him. Barnaby nose twitched as if he caught a whiff of something delicious. The smell was more mesmerizing than the corpse. The smell was the blood of the innocence. Making his way towards the child with drool running down his chin he saw that the child was trembling all over. As he prepared to sink his teeth into the purest of all meat he heard the boy utter the words "Dieu , délivre-nous du mal." The creature did a final screech before vanishing in a cloud of smoke.

Nathaniel jumped up from his sleep covered in sweat. His heart was going in overdrive and he couldn't stop screaming. His mother and father ran into his room to aide him.

"Mon fils , vous êtes ok?" His father asked with a look of concern.

"père," Nathaniel gasped, "il est ici!"
His parents exchanged a worried glance as Nathaniel's mother reached for her stomach.

© 2018 Bluebird91


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Once again, a beautifully pieced write up coming from you and I have to say this, it's the brevity that gets to me. I really think you're an amazing writer.

Also, I'm guessing Nathaniel told his mother she was pregnant or something at the end. Don't speak french so...Good one though. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mifa

7 Years Ago

Belief me, the feeling is mutual. By the way, what's with the name "Barnaby"?
Bluebird91

7 Years Ago

I really like the name Barnaby for some reason. It's short for Barnabist. It's so adorable to me lol.. read more
Mifa

7 Years Ago

Don't we all? But not all of us are as gifted as you are to turn that darkness into a lucid flow of .. read more



Reviews

Once again, a beautifully pieced write up coming from you and I have to say this, it's the brevity that gets to me. I really think you're an amazing writer.

Also, I'm guessing Nathaniel told his mother she was pregnant or something at the end. Don't speak french so...Good one though. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mifa

7 Years Ago

Belief me, the feeling is mutual. By the way, what's with the name "Barnaby"?
Bluebird91

7 Years Ago

I really like the name Barnaby for some reason. It's short for Barnabist. It's so adorable to me lol.. read more
Mifa

7 Years Ago

Don't we all? But not all of us are as gifted as you are to turn that darkness into a lucid flow of .. read more
Okay the starting made me cringe so much lol nasty ewwww but great use of words.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bluebird91

7 Years Ago

Lol. I tried to make it repulsive😂😂😂
Pink Pastel

7 Years Ago

I see a lot great words really.
Oof that first paragraph was grim, well written though, with a lot of detail and context portrayed in a short amount of time. Also Barnaby is a clever name, made me think of Beelzebub with the enunciating B sounds, especially after his description. Nice work!


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bluebird91

7 Years Ago

Lol thank you so much :) and that's funny!
A round of applause for the author ! That was very pleasing to read. I don't think I should give you advices since you must be a better writer than I am, but for the french part instead of "Mon fils, vous-etes ok" you should use "Fils, vas-tu bien ?"... The world "ok" is kind of weird in this situation. And don't worry
I'm bilingual

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bluebird91

7 Years Ago

Omg thank you!!! My first review ever! I really appreciate your honesty and I knew that something wa.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2016
Last Updated on November 8, 2018

Author

Bluebird91
Bluebird91

LA



About
I have a strong passion for disturbing horror! If you don't like it then don't bother me because my stories are extremely disturbing. Other than that I'm a easy going person that love to read, write, .. more..

Writing
Never Never

A Story by Bluebird91


Stab Stab

A Poem by Bluebird91


Him Him

A Poem by Bluebird91