Chapter Two: Contract

Chapter Two: Contract

A Chapter by Bluefire
"

The newest soldier in the army of stone.

"
When I woke up, it was dark. More stars than I've ever seen before filled the sky through the branches of the half dead tree I sat under. It was cold, with a strong wind blowing in from the north. Getting to my feet, I walked over to the newest soldier in the army of stone.

Oh, right.
I raced back to the beginning of the graveyard and picked up my backpack where I'd hidden it against the stone and iron fence that surrounded the front. Unzipping it, I pulled out a small, fake, black rose and took it back to Mollei's grave. Kneeling, I offered it to the stone.

It rested there, undaunted by the wind.

I hesitated and knocked gently on the ground where her head would be, six feet down.

Nothing.

"Goodbye, Mollei Magdale." I whispered.

Standing, I turned and went back for my backpack. I slung it on and hopped over the fence, heading for home.

~*~

What do you call this?

When your body breathes and your heart beats. When blood flows through your veins, but when you look deeper, you find nothing?

My soul felt dead, but it had to have been there right? Otherwise my body would have stopped working.

My will and my soul were reduced from a raging flame to a tiny spark.

My body felt great. Good enough for me to run at top speed down the sidewalk next to the highway. The problem was when I had to cross the street.

Yeah, that's when things went wrong.

Or. . . Right?

I stopped, bent over, panting with my hands on my knees. Once I'd decided I'd gotten enough air, I straightened up and scanned the highway in both directions. A silver Cavelier rushed past. All was silent afterward. I stepped off the sidewalk and sprinted across the street.

A sound like a car. Something dragging along the pavement. I turned my head and saw bright headlights coming at me.

Fast.

A hearse?

No, that couldn't be. I almost laughed at the irony. Run over by a hearse.
Ha!

Something hit my back and I sailed through the air only to land in someone's lap. Whoever it was had taken the blow of hitting the sidewalk. I looked up to see who it was and saw two yellow eyes gleaming back at me.
"Gya!" I cried and quickly got to my feet.
"Aye, not much of a thank you there." Said Dr. Arvieron, rubbing the back of his head where it had hit a chainlink fence that bordered one side of the sidewalk and circled a yard on my street.

I stared at my shoes uncomfortably. "Sorry. . . Thanks for saving me." I mumbled.

Dr. Arvieron eminated an aura of strength. He made me feel weak and inferior.

I hated it with a passion.

He chuckled, retrieving his hat where it had fallen off and stood up. "I'm glad I ran into you. I have something for you."

That smirk. I didn't know whether I liked it's promise or hated it's sense of something new.

Something dangerous.

He looked left then right and gestured for me to follow him. We walked down the sidewalk until we were just outside a small one story white house with several solar powered lights going up either side of the driveway, a few broken from the tires of our car.

He stopped just out of the light. I paused and turned to him as he pulled a piece of paper from an inside pocket in his coat.
"I can't save you next time death approaches. But I can grant you a better body. A life you've always wanted, away from humanity and society."

I froze, my blood ran cold and my mouth fell open.

How did he know?

I sucked in a breath to say something and realized he was gone. Gone.

I started to sweat. My eyes wide, I searched up and down the street but saw nothing. Was I seeing things?

I crumpled up the paper, stuffed it in my jacket pocket and ran up the steps to the porch. Opening the screen and front door, I hastily stepped inside and locked them both. My heart was racing, my blood pumping. My head hurt and I sunk into one of the three large leather chairs in the living room.

My mom wasn't up. It was like she'd forgotten I existed and just went off to bed. I felt oddly relieved that I didn't have to answer twenty questions and then end up getting grounded before bed, which happened every time I stayed out late. But I knew it wouldn't last.

Once I had calmed down, I stood and walked to the bathroom. I turned the cold knob and scrubbed my pale face, wetting my shaggy, light blond hair so it would stay out of my face long enough for me to brush my teeth. My light ice blue eyes were bloodshot, as if I hadn't slept in days when the truth was, I had stept half the day away.

I headed to my room next and plopped down at my desk, shedding my jacket and tie. I pulled the drawer at the front open and reached for my diary when I paused and my eyes fell to the black jacket I had just thrown on the floor.

I can't save you next time death approaches.

In a second I was on my knees, digging through the pockets of the jacket when the crumpled up paper rolled out and onto the floor. I snatched it up and sat back at my desk.
I unfolded the paper and at the very top in red letters, it read. . .

Life Warrant.



© 2014 Bluefire


Author's Note

Bluefire

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a great chapter. That doctor guy was kind of creepy though. I don't know how to feel about him. Angelo feels like he's always been dead? That is strange, but it makes the story even more interesting. "I can't save you next time death approaches." That line really did stick out to me. I enjoyed reading this chapter.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Bluefire

9 Years Ago

Lol I was like, "Heh? Doctor guy?" I actually forgot, yeah, he does say he's a doctor, doesn't he? x.. read more
Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

You are welcome XD
Sounds kind of interesting. I wonder where you will take this from here.
I just realized my first sentence in every review of this book involved the word interesting. Lol.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Silent Wolf

9 Years Ago

Yeah, but the koi fish could be like really stupid or somemthing. Lol, that sounds like fun. :3
Bluefire

9 Years Ago

xD Yeah, they just say random things that don't make any sense.
Silent Wolf

9 Years Ago

YES!!! Totally!
Definitely like this so far. Good work

Posted 9 Years Ago


Bluefire

9 Years Ago

=o Gawsh you're fast!
Thank you!
Like a mysterious Anime I love it.


I love the music Just adds the touch to it.

will wait for the rest of the story loved
reading this.

Blessings. Kindred poet

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bluefire

10 Years Ago

Thank you!
Benita-Staebell M - KindredPoet

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome. blessings. kindred poet
I enjoy reading the story...
Keep up!
I would wait for the next story~

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bluefire

10 Years Ago

Thank you! ^^
So far i love this book and wait to read more keep up the great work and keep them coming

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bluefire

10 Years Ago

Thank you!
melissa

10 Years Ago

Your welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

498 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 13, 2014
Last Updated on April 21, 2014


Author

Bluefire
Bluefire

International Defence Force Circus 2nd ship



About
I write likeMary ShelleyI Write Like. Analyze your writing! ~*~Welcome to my world~*~ Anime, manga, animal otaku. My writing heroe's are Darren Shan and Katsura Hoshino, but ther.. more..

Writing
to be wanted to be wanted

A Chapter by Bluefire



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Roots Of Eden Roots Of Eden

A Chapter by Bluefire