The Man And The Light

The Man And The Light

A Story by BluishMicrobe
"

A 17 year old boy finds that something is not not right in his new neighborhood.

"

The Man And The Light Pole

 


Let me just start from the top, it would make more sense. So it was just 2 months away from my birthday when my Dad just got off the phone after a very important business opportunity from his boss, my dad looked ecstatic! And he had a look on his face that you can obviously tell he had something big to tell.  He Gathered the family about an offer that would affect the entire family as a whole, my Dad started to announce to the family that he just had a once in a life time offer (yes once in a life time -_-") we were Moving! Not just down the street or to another city but to a whole other state. At the time to be honest I was very excited I love being and seeing new places especially a new state and culture so I was definitely excited, yet my sister was a total downer and you can obviously tell by her facial expression that she was thinking "DEAR GOD... " And mom you can tell she was totally faking her excitement.

 So let’s just fast forward past the dramatic packing and my final good byes to my friends, and the horrifying plane ride, and trying to find a perfect or at least a really nice house to rent in a quiet and small neighborhood (we found one in a culdasac)  since were not 100% sure about what to expect in the new state. So the day was the day for our  move in, Dad was just unloading the final pieces of junk from the Uhaul, and Mom was inside setting the kitchen up while starting up dinner, and my sister Haylee was in her room unpacking her stuff. It all seemed like a total quiet and peaceful night, and it was! We had a very good dinner and we got a couple movies from redbox to help us wined down for the night after the long moving day. So as the day went by it was time to go to bed, and believe me I thought that was goanna be the best part of the day since I was beat! So this is when crap just got SOO unexpectedly real! So this is when It happened, I woke in the middle of the night (Around 2 or 3am yes I know that does seem typical, but this crap got real!)

 I just had a weird sense that something was I don’t know...it just felt weird I don’t know how to describe, its just that night it was unusually cold since where I lived was crazy hot and humid; also I sleep with my windows open allot so that could have added to  it. But it was more than that.... it’s just really felt like something was watching me intensely so I positioned myself towards the windows to peek through the blinds... and it was misty and when I say misty, IT WAS REALLY MISTY! I could barely see 5 feet out the window, but all I could really make out of the entire neighborhood was the big/tall street light across the street and as my eyes traveled down the pole I noticed a unrecognizable figure like it looked like a shadow of a person without actually seeing the person, just standing their next to the light pole doing....nothing but just starring and starring. I started getting beyond freaked out and I immediately fell back to my bed after sitting up, I started thinking to myself: " it was just a guy enjoying the misty cold air “then I started thinking "Who in the hell enjoys misty cold air in the middle of the freaken night!". I sat up and looked out the windows again...I saw the man again but this time it looked as if he was looking down or was slouching down at his feet, and just when I was starting to feel more comfortable I was thinking to myself "oh dear god it was just a guy resting after some sort of jog or something" then I did a deep exhale out of relief and then the figure snapped up and locked its shadowy head to a lock with my head and eyes and continued to stare  and stare I must have been staring back at him for more than 15 minutes till I had enough of creepyness for one night. I immediately went to my parent’s room to tell them that there is some guy staring through my windows, but they were fast asleep, and was snoring deeply (both of them!) I just thought to myself, im just gonna bring it up in the morning during breakfast. Since I was too creeped out to go back to my room I went and crawled in to my parent’s bed for the night.

 

 

These picture gives you an idea of what my surroundings are...






















And










This is an older picture of my street when it gets foggy (this is from a different angle)

And

















To give you an idea of what the man looked like(this is just a picture I found that happens to really look like what I saw!) but it was also really foggy so it was hard to make out.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Later that day during breakfast I asked dad and mom what happened and they seemed to not take it as seriously as I did, and honestly brushed it off as if its just a fluke, I looked at them and I said to myself "yeah I was probably being overly jumpy or suffering from extreme exhaustion from the day before" so I went on with the day with absolutely no worries. **Fast forward a little bit and it was bed time** during that time I totally forgot about the whole shadowy guy nonsense...It felt like a normal night not too cold not to hot, it wasn’t hard to fall asleep. During my sleep I woke up with cold sweats, during that night I didn’t feel right again it was just 3 hours till dawn and I rolled over to look out my windows again. And as expected the man was there again just staring as usual....soundless, I just don’t understand why would somebody do this to me? Maybe its just somebody who just wants to play a joke on the new neighbor kid...yet the whole neighborhood was mostly inhabited by middle aged/young parents with little kids. I don’t see a reason why anybody would take the time to do this!? But then it hit me! It’s beyond that, it’s not a person it couldn’t be! it’s something more...darker than that. I looked out my windows again and it was still looking at me, I felt more disturbed  to the point where it felt like my stomach was filled with heavy rocks, a small breeze went through my windows...and I heard something, I felt that it was talking to me through the wind but it was hard to understand, I can’t really describe how its sound or how it felt but all I can say is it sounded like a soft whisper but despite how gentle the whisper sounded it was enough for me to cry a little. another breeze went through my windows and this time I actually understood clearly what it said in two short words..."Come Here" I immediately ran to my parents room and shook my dad till he woke up and I said "DAD GET UP NOW!!" he sprung up and said "What's Wrong!" and I said "fallow me now!" as mom continued to lay in bed asleep, me and dad walked fast to my room so I can show him what's wrong.

As we walked to my room I pointed out the window to show him the proof of my problem....Dad walked close towards my window I was squatting right next to him to tell him that this has been happening to me for the last three days and I seriously can’t function anymore. I could tell that Dad started to get creeped out by the soul catching stare...then dad turned his head and said "I'm going to see what's  really going on!" my face went blank and I wanted to tell dad that this may be not what we think. But I didn't I wanted to figure this out just as much as my dad did, me and dad went down stairs and put our shoes on. We both walked out the door  and it was really foggy again I then pointed towards the Shadowy figure and said "Dad I think he is right there" Dad without giving a second thought walked towards the light pole to talk to IT, I was being a coward and chose to watch from our porch...I saw dad walking past our driveway saying "Sir!" and noticed  my dad walking through the thicker part of the fog...and I heard dad repeating himself again as he got closer to the light pole saying "Sir! Can I have a quick word with you?"  And then my dad disappeared through the fog. I heard nothing for 15 minutes, I didn’t know what to do, and things were racing through my brain thinking about hundreds of ways my dad could be dead by the man, just as when I was getting ready to muster up my last amount of bravery. I then saw my dad walking past the fog towards me, his face was white and his hands were shaking weirdly and wildly, I ran up to dad and said what happened? all he said is... "Go to bed" in a calm voice, then I stood in my dad’s way  and told him "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED OUT THERE!!!??" all he said is "nothing happened im fine" then I said "dad obviously you’re not fine your white like a ghost and your shaking all over what really happened to you!?" and all he said back in a trembled and disturbed voice "you won’t understand, just...just go to bed" I did as he said since I notice his voice was getting more and more angry with me as I nagged him with questions. I went to my room and the first thing I did was looked out the window and noticed that the shadowy man was gone I repeatedly looked out the windows the whole night to check to see if the man would re appear and he didn’t!  And thoughts were racing from my head thinking to myself "what could have happened??" I spent the whole night thinking and watching out the windows. That morning I noticed dad was up and I approached him while he was eating his cereal, he looked fine and talked completely normal I then asked him if he was ok and all he said was "yah I feel fine" not convinced  I asked him another question "what did you see dad? what really happened to you because I notice that you were acting weird that night" and then I saw dads face started to look as if he had a heavy weight of anxiety and just leaned his head staring at his cereal and said to me "I am only going to tell you this once...Do not ask those question again!" he got up and went to work without making a sound. To this day dad seems and acts fine as if nothing happened he still acts like his usual cheerful self... but I know that he saw something, something beyond what humans are capable to process, I can only ponder. Ever since that day I never question him on what really happened nor have I seen the figure again.

 

© 2012 BluishMicrobe


Author's Note

BluishMicrobe
Thanks guys for reading, I just had allot to get off my chest, I never really told anybody (except for some of my friends and my brother).
Also I just want to add one thing...If you ever see or at least experience anything like what I wrote... here's my warning to you: Don’t Do the Mistakes I Did!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on October 4, 2012
Last Updated on October 4, 2012
Tags: Scary, Horror, Creepy, Amature

Author

BluishMicrobe
BluishMicrobe

SugarHill, GA



About
Hey guys my name is Danny and I love to write short stories for self satisfaction and to see the enjoyments of others, Im also 17, I will be honest that my actual writing can tend to be a little amate.. more..

Writing