Broken(I)

Broken(I)

A Chapter by John

      The scene before me was all too familiar, and one I had been trying to forget. There I was, in my old house, after one long day on the field. The smell of an all too familiar rabbit stew invaded my nostrils, and brought more unwanted memories to surface. I knew what happened, every second of every minute, and I did not like it. I tried to take control, but it was foolish. It was just a scene I was reliving, my twisted mind torturing me over and over, showing me what my foolish decisions would end up at.

      "How was it today, John? Did you talk to Roy about sending you to the mines?" A female voice asked from the kitchen.

      "Yes, hon. He'll let me stay in the field." 'I' said.

Lies, lies, lies. You stupid fool! Why do you lie to the one creature that loves you so unconditionally?

      "Really?" There was doubt in her voice. "I thought he wanted everyone on the mines."

I was about to say something, another lie, when there was a hard knock at the door, followed by a harder one.

      "John! I know you are there, you s****y son of a w***e!" Roy screamed, his anger all too obvious.

      "Roy? What do you want this late at night?" She left the kitchen and went to the door.

No! Don't let her, you b*****d! For the love of god, stand up and go to the door yourself!

      My cries were for naught, and the scene replayed as it had so many years ago. She went to the door, a mix of fear and irritation showing in her face. As soon as she had turned the lock, one of Roy's lackeys pushed the door, sending her into the ground. The lackey looked at her, the end of a pistol pointing at her chest. Just a warning, Roy said. The lackey changed targets and shot her in the knee, sending her crying in pain.

I'm so sorry, dear. Oh my god.

      "W***e, shut up or I'll make sure the next shot does it." Roy screamed at her, sending blobs of slobber everywhere. He turned to me. "See, John? This is what happens when you don't obey your boss. What did I tell you, you airheaded piece of s**t? Did I say 'Hey, John, why don't you go plow the fields I'm going to sell!'? Did I? I didnt'! The mines, you piece of s**t, the f*****g mines! You know, I would have let it slide, if you hadn't completely ruined the trade when you plowed those fields. Now that b*****d Aurich doesn't want to buy the goddamn fields. So I thought, 'Well, gotta make that b*****d of a w***e pay for leaving me with no money and a useless field', and until five minutes ago I was going to come and kill you, but then I realized something, John.

      He stopped to catch his breath, took the gun from his lackey, and sat in a chair near mine, facing my agonizing wife.

      "I realized," He continued "I realized that killing you would be just too merciful. You just cost me more than you'd make in a lifetime, so why just come here and kill you?"

And for the last 120 years I have wondered why you didn't, and I still hate you for that, six feet under as you may be.

      Roy start laughing maniacally, swinging his gun around.

      "That's when I remembered your wife, John." He stopped to breath again "Tell me, how does a useless deadbeat like you has such a beautiful created for a wife? It came to me then, that she must be your prized possession, right? Right?"

      "Roy..." I talked for the first time. "Whatever you are thinking, be very th-"

      "Shut up, John." He looked at me, his hair disheveld, his hazel eyes angry. "Just...keep that pig mouth shut, ok? Tell me, w***e. What's your name?"

      "Michelle" She said, panting and crying.



© 2012 John


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
Added on August 12, 2012
Last Updated on August 12, 2012
Tags: western, fantasy, book


Author

John
John

Brasilia, DF, Brazil



About
Just someone who writes a lot of random stuff... more..

Writing
The Orphanage The Orphanage

A Chapter by John


One perfect day One perfect day

A Chapter by John


The Façade The Façade

A Chapter by John