Last Deal(IV)

Last Deal(IV)

A Chapter by John

     Matt woke up from his dream drenched in sweat, feeling ill and tired. He put his hand on his forehead. 'I have a fever, no doubt', he thought and looked around, trying to see where he was, but to no avail. Extending his arms bit by bit, he soon touched an iron bar. 'A cage, huh.' The place was pitch black, and Matt couldn't see anything.

     "Az?~ He tried screaming, but start coughing. 'I need water, and bad.' Matt was scrounging for water in his diminute cell when he heard footsteps and people talking nearby. They became louder and louder, obviously coming for him.

     "Colt, I really don't think it's a good idea to kill him." A female voice said, a hint of preoccupation in her voice.

     "Scarlett, I don't pay you to think. Actually, I don't even know what I pay you for. But yes, we are killing him, and his Imp. This is about sending a message, my dear." Another female voice said, leaving Matt confused. 'I could swear Colt was a man.', he thought.

     "A message, Colt?"

     "We need to show these creatures, these...abominations that humans are not to be trifled with. We are not their servants, their slaves."

     "But ma'am, you made a deal with Nessa. She kept her half of the deal, and you skipped out on yours." The first female voice was slightly annoyed.

      "As I said, sending a message. We kill these 2 thugs, and Nessa will come right at us. Then we kill her too! Hah!" The second voice said, brimming with excitement. 'These girls are crazy! If Nessa comes here, we will die! I have to stall for time for Az to get here.'

      Matt looked around once again, searching for anything that would grab the attention of the two morons. Finding nothing, he resigned to relying on his own, extremely poor conversation skills.

     "Hey, ladies! How fare ye?" He said, trying to sound as charming as possible.

     "Is he...?" One of them asked as they got even closer.

     "I think he is."

     "Gross. Sorry Matt, but Scarlett here is a mind reader. Which reminds me, that's why I pay you!"

     "I guess."

     The two women finally got close enough for Matt to see them clearly. The one on the right, Scarlett, wore a plain shirt, with a jacket and rodeo leggings. 'Looks like a dude' Matt was thinking until he saw her face. As per her name, she had a reddish her that looked like it was in flames, accompanied by fierce green eyes. That came in a beautifully carved heart-shaped face, with perfectly smooth skin. Matt couldn't think of anything to define her. 'Angel?'

     "I get that a lot, y'know?" She said, reminding him that she was a mind reader. "You're not bad yourself, cutie." She said, winking.

     "Enough...bonding, you two! I hate being the third wheel" Colt said angrily.

     "You know..." Matt started, but coughed. "Would you bring this small man some water?" He barely finished asking when a torrent of icy-cold water was thrown in his face, sending him into the ground. 'F*****g Wiccanistas', Matt thought. 'I heard that, pretty boy.' He heard Scarlett's voice in his head. 'Really, lady? Would you mind getting the f**k out of my head? A man likes the privy of his mind'.

     "Ok, ok. No need to get upsie." Scarlett said.

     "Scarlett." Colt said, visibly pissed, then turned to Matt. "Look, Matt. This is nothing personal. Y'know, survival of the strongest, and all that." She pointed a pistol at him, and then he felt it, that sudden wave of energy that went through his body whenever he was about to die. 



© 2012 John


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on August 13, 2012
Last Updated on August 13, 2012
Tags: west, adventure, fantasy, book


Author

John
John

Brasilia, DF, Brazil



About
Just someone who writes a lot of random stuff... more..

Writing
The Orphanage The Orphanage

A Chapter by John


One perfect day One perfect day

A Chapter by John


The Façade The Façade

A Chapter by John