Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by John
"

Intro to main characters...still under works

"
     His entire life, Hale had never managed to maintain a relationship. He spent a good deal of his time wondering what was the problem with women, as they would always run when he showed up with a gag and a whip. Because of those...peculiar tastes, he also saw himself with only a handful of friends. After so many failed relationships, which always ended with him being called a crazy freak, he decided human relationships were something fickle, and were better off being avoided. He turned into a shut-in, and soon made two discoveries that changed his life. The first, which led to the second, was that the internet in a wonderful tool to make money. Where most people his age saw it as a huge social network, he saw it as a place with an almost infinite amount of knowledge to be explored. He decided to take on programming, and in a few months had developed his masterpiece, the Sepulcher, a program that did some pretty complicated things which I honestly don't understand. What you need to know is that it improved account security for banks by a whole lot, to the point that every bank paid a fortune to use it. And since Hale worked alone, all that money went directly to him. The second discovery, a whole lot less important, is that one can live very comfortably without having to leave one's house. As long as you have money. Which he did.
     "Now let's talk about Hale's look, shall we?" Lisa looked at Hale, slightly biting her lip and showing a daring smile.
     "No, no. Never. Leave my looks out of this." He said back, touching the top of Lisa's head with a spoon full of chocolate. 'Oh, whoops. S**t. Sorry, Lisa."
     "No biggie." Lisa laughed and picked some of the chocolate with a finger, tasting it. "There's still something missing here...try hazelnut! Anyway, if you think about how your life used to be, unless I describe your looks people will think you were some kind of fat, sadomasochistic freak. And ugly too. With a blond hair and..."
     "Ok, stop. No blond hair. You have my permission to describe me." He laughed. "Now, do we have any hazelnut here?" Hale asked, wandering around the kitchen, opening drawers and cupboards.
     "Try the drawer near the fridge. No, the one above that." Lisa said. Soon after, Hale lifted a bottle with hazelnuts, glory in his eyes. He walked towards Lisa and kissed her in the cheek, whispering "Thank you, dear" to a very flustered Lisa, and went back to the stove.
     Now, you are probably wondering what's going on, but I'm tyring to write a story here, so let's pick up from where I left.
     I bet you are all thinking Hale isn't good-looking. We'll, I'm sorry to say but it's quite the other way around. Starting from the top, he's got a long, straight jet-black hair, going down to his waist. I know, this may sound very weird for a man, but I love it, and that's what matters. His eyes...Well, his right eyes is blue, while his left eye is hazel. Heterochromia can be a wonderful thing. His diamond-shaped face melds perfectly his long hair and his naturally thin body.
     With the money he got from selling the Sepulcher, he moved into a penthouse in Weehawken, away from the busy nightlife of New Jersey. However, Hale soon came to realise that he spent his days bored to death. Before Sepulcher, he dedicated his life to the program, and was busy all day, everyday. Now that the banks had their own teams of debuggers to work on it, he didn't have much to do. So he turned to chat rooms and message boards, and that's how he and I met.


© 2012 John


Author's Note

John
Ok, I'll try to make small chapters instead...lets see how this goes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You're a pretty good writer. I may just follow this book.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Added on April 24, 2012
Last Updated on April 26, 2012
Tags: lockheed, saga, chapter 1, king, fantasy


Author

John
John

Brasilia, DF, Brazil



About
Just someone who writes a lot of random stuff... more..

Writing
The Orphanage The Orphanage

A Chapter by John


One perfect day One perfect day

A Chapter by John


The Façade The Façade

A Chapter by John