Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by John
"

Oh, the teenage life.

"
     The inside of the shop was extremely dark and clustered from the shelfs, packed with all sorts of instruments. Most of them didn't really catch my interest, until I layed my eyes on a leather corset. I don't know why, it was just so incredibly beautiful. It stood in a pedestal, not too near the other products. It had a very vivid red color to it, and was shining as if recently oiled. Halfway down, a belt that didn't seem to serve any purpose stood fastened. I touched the corset with my hand and let it slide, all the way from the breasts to the bottom, the rubbery feeling sending me chills.
     "Seems you have good taste, ginger." The shopkeeper's voice caught me by surprise, and I accidentally pushed the corset. It feel on the ground with a quiet 'pang'.
     "Shii...sorry, you surprised me!" I apologized and picked the corset up, trying to clean it with my shirt.
     "Nah, don't worry. I keep my shop clean, and as you said, it was my fault." She smiled and took a deep drag on her cigarrete. "Anyways, what brings you here this late?"
     "I d-don't know." I blushed. "I just felt like coming here."
     "Ah." The shopkeeper released some of the smoke. "Well, feel free to look around. If you want to try something on, let me now" She giggled and took off.
     I spent a few more minutes staring at the leather corset, and then went to the other aisles. The good deal of what the shop sold would be looked down upon by any moral citizen. Vibrators, whips, gags, leashes, and many kinds of ropes. Shapes and sizes to fit just about anyone. After going down halfway through one of the aisles, I found a pair of leather cuffs with the same red color as the corset. "Maybe they are part of a set." I thought.
     "Hey, ginger!" Once again the shopkeeper surprised me. "S'almost 10pm, shouldn't you hit home?"
     "Already? Damn...I barely saw half of the things." I said with a sad tone. "Before I go...how much does that leather corset costs?"
     "That..." She sighed "620 dollars." and completed with a crooked smile.
     "And if I take the cuffs?" I asked even though I knew I couldnt afford it. Not now, at least.
     "Hell, I'll throw the cuffs as a bonus, for free. But that corset is my last one, I sold the other before I came here."
     "Cant you, like,  reserve it for me or something? I'll come up with the money, I swear!"
     "Some pesky kid you are, huh." I felt she was about to dash my hopes ."Look, I can give you week. But more than that, and I risk selling it to someone else."
     "Ok, thank you, Ms. Shopkeeper! I swear I'll have the mon..."
     "Danna. My name."
     "Oh, Danna. See you in a week then!" I said happily, and left the shop in a rush.
     The streets didn't seem to creep me any longer. I felt happy, I felt alive like I hadn't in years. For one reason or another, that corset seemed to bring me to life, and I simply had to have it, even if it meant having to hide it from my family and friends, whom, I knew, would never understand. As I got near to my house, I noticed the blue Corolla parked outside. My dad's car. "F**k." I thought as I opened the door, and his voice echoed through the house.
     "Lisa, in the living room. Now!!" On every other ocasion, this would have left me scared shitless, but not now. I would just endure the sermon, and run to my room to plan how to get that small fortune.
     "Lisa, prepare to pack your things. We are moving to New Jersey in 3 days."
     What...the f**k. In my mind, I imagined a small crack in my dream, and slowly this crack grew, until all I had were shattered pieces lying motionless by my feet.
     "But...dad, why?" I tried my best to hide the desperation in my voice. They knew I didn't like this city, never had.
     "Well, I got promoted today!" He said with a smile, and I tried to smile back, to be happy for him. But I couldn't. Fortunately he was looking somewhere else. "I'll have to work on the matrix though, and its in Jersey. Your mom and I talked, and we decided that on the long run, its better to move than to deal with the fares."
     "What about Matthew? Is he ok with this? He just made new friends the school!"
     "I'm sure your brother won't have a problem making new ones over there as well. Kids tend to be easygoing in that aspect. But why the questions? Are you not happy that we're finally moving? You said you hated this city!"
     "And I did! But...nevermind. I'll be ready in three days."
     "What is wrong with her?" My father asked when I turned the corner.
     "Oh dear, maybe it's just the hormones acting up." My mom said, dismissing the issue.
     Now I had to come up with 600 bucks in 3 days. Great. I opened the door to my room and shut it behind me, then fell on the bed and started crying.



© 2012 John


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This goes for the whole book, because I'm never gonna write on each chapter...
I find it very nice that you chose first-person narrator, especially because you chose a woman. Just make sure to be able to portray her as womanly as possible. I mean, she doesn't seem not to be feminine, but you do. And your writing will reflect that. :P
You chose non-linear narration, didn't you? That's also interesting, but it might be a little tricky. For contradictions and stuff. Remember to always check your text for loop-holes.
And proof-reading never hurts. :)

All that aside, I'm really enjoying your texts so far. You did well in changing the whole of that first version you had sent me. Keep up the good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 27, 2012
Last Updated on April 27, 2012
Tags: lockheed, saga, chapter 3, king, fantasy, adventure


Author

John
John

Brasilia, DF, Brazil



About
Just someone who writes a lot of random stuff... more..

Writing
The Orphanage The Orphanage

A Chapter by John


One perfect day One perfect day

A Chapter by John


The Façade The Façade

A Chapter by John