Christmas Eve Night

Christmas Eve Night

A Poem by Bonnie Paige



Newly arriving, summer's air warming springs breezes. A wish for perfect was all that was asked.
Ten fingers, ten toes, bright brown eyes twinkling. Perfect baby born on the eve of summer.

Give away infant so sparkling new, awaits her turn to join her sister, join her brother.
Little family bond togetherness in an in perfect world. Just three little infants of innocence bliss.

Came the winter winds of that holy night where angels became the speakers of the season coming. Joy on the lips of men, ladies, teens and children singing, "oh holy nights."

The flames of hell roared on the walls, roared on the floors. Burning bright that Christmas Eve night.
Sister just three hidden on the closet floor, brother just two heard the call from the window. Baby infant lay in her crib were rescued all.

While cheers of merriment echoed throughout the night, three little infants paid a great price.
Smoke took away little sister of three that Christmas Eve night. Left two enfants forever scared by life.
Left two infants scarred for life.

© 2019 Bonnie Paige


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on December 17, 2019
Last Updated on December 17, 2019
Tags: #Child born, #children and life, #sad Christmas Eve.