Experiment

Experiment

A Chapter by Jessie

The Experiment

 

You wake up with a strange pounding in your head, surrounded by lab equipment.  Your wrists are bound to the chair, your ankles too.  You try to sit up, only to find another restraint around your throat won’t allow it.  The bright light over your head burns your eyes.  You turn to see a cart full of shimmering surgical equipment, the names of which you do not know.

To your other side, a door is visible.  An exit door.  In your mind, you begin to forge a plan of escape… If you could just get out of these shackles.

As you plot, a man in a lab coat, which is starchy white like the rest of the room, comes in.  His gloved hands are held in front of him, poised delicately, fingertips touching.

“Hello.”  He says, his voice smooth, with an accent you can’t quite identify.  “I am doctor Bankovitch.  I will be your surgeon today.”

“Surgery?”  You mumble, confused.

“Yes.  Of course, we’ll need your consent.  We can’t go on with the experiment if you do not agree to comply.”  He smiles, baring his pearly white teeth charmingly.  From your angle of perception, they look almost like fangs.  “If you agree to the surgery, you will find it is not a painful process, but a happy one.  You will live the rest of your life in ease.  But, if you refuse the procedure, I am required by law to let you walk right out that door.  I, however, do not recommend that.”

You begin to ask why and then realize that you have no idea where you are, or how you got there.  It could be a frozen wasteland outside, or a desert for that matter.  You have no idea how to get back home, or how to stay alive if you do go out there, and it is obvious that the doctor has no intention of helping you if you do not agree to his procedure.  So what do you choose?

 

To stay with Doctor Bankovitch, continue to the next section in Black.

To opt out of the surgery, continue to the section in Blue.



© 2013 Jessie


Author's Note

Jessie
Which did you choose? Use chapter buttons to navigate to the next sections :) Just a hint; black section comes next, blue is two clicks away ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on December 26, 2013
Last Updated on December 26, 2013
Tags: choose, your, own, choices, interactive, colors, pages, adventure, action, danger, experiment


Author

Jessie
Jessie

MI



About
Oh, hello there. Welcome to my little corner of the internet... Enjoy :) Feel free to review, I can't get better if I don't know that to fix n_n more..

Writing
Hopeless Hopeless

A Poem by Jessie


Random Prologue Random Prologue

A Story by Jessie


Nine Nine

A Poem by Jessie