Random Prologue

Random Prologue

A Story by Jessie

Prologue

You knock on the door.  I answer, smiling.  This surprises you, but in reality, you didn’t exactly know what to expect.  I ask you to come in and have a seat.  This, of course, was not in the job description.  But seeing as the task which you’ve come to do is not a pleasant one… You agree and make yourself quite comfortable on the dirty couch.  The couch also surprises you, to an extent.  You know that I have enough money for a luxurious apartment, filled with top-of-the-market furniture and endless bliss… But I did not take it.  You make a mental note to ask later.
I offer you a drink.  To this, you are extremely hesitant.  I tell you it’s top brand alcohol, but you are still hesitant.  “Come on, it’s the end of the world.”  I say, pouring myself a tall glass.  “Live it up.”  You sigh, and accept my offer.  It was as I said, the wine was beyond satisfactory.  You set your glass down, feeling slightly guilty.  I drain my glass as you try to bring the conversation back to the procedure.
“I hope,” I say, pouring another, “That you will let me tell my story before we do it.  You see, if I don’t tell you, then no one will ever hear it.”  I take another sip.  You sigh, again… For you, it’s just another procedure.  But you see my side.
“All right.”  You say, glancing at your watch.  Outside of the window, a building has caught fire.  You watch it, heart heavy.  There will be no one to put it out.  You hope that the people inside make it out alive.
Or die quickly.  You add, inwardly.
“Well, where to begin…” I say, glancing at the building.  It’s a regular occurrence this far into town.
“I know,” I smile, catching your attention.  “We’ll start with the day I lost my arm…”

© 2014 Jessie


Author's Note

Jessie
Random prologue I wrote (promise I'll write more of Choices soon!)
What do you think? Is it too confusing? Do you want to read on? I wanted to try something new... So here it is :) Let me know what you think n_n Happy new year, btw!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oooh this is definitely interesting...I imagined it in a darkened room lighted by the sunset outside and the flames, men in suits strangely...really atmospheric and I love the use of 'You'. Brilliant, so brilliant. Keep it up!

Posted 10 Years Ago


It's definitely interesting. I would read on.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Xanthurion

10 Years Ago

A little bit there at the end.
Jessie

10 Years Ago

Hmmm... The building thing? I thought that was a bit much... I'll have to look it over again :) th.. read more
Xanthurion

10 Years Ago

You're welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 1, 2014
Last Updated on January 1, 2014
Tags: prologue, advice, fiction

Author

Jessie
Jessie

MI



About
Oh, hello there. Welcome to my little corner of the internet... Enjoy :) Feel free to review, I can't get better if I don't know that to fix n_n more..

Writing
Hopeless Hopeless

A Poem by Jessie


Nine Nine

A Poem by Jessie


Instructions Instructions

A Chapter by Jessie