Chapter 2 – Blackened heart.

Chapter 2 – Blackened heart.

A Chapter by Bradley Davies
"

Who was that man? Will David's day stop getting worse? read on to find out...

"

Chapter 2 " Blackened heart.

 

Home. I can not remember how I got home but I managed, all I know is that Bonnie went back to her house as we left the hit and run scene. I wish I could have forgotten what happened only mere moments ago, but it was such a shock that I can not stop repeating it in my head. I mean how some one’s life changes like that, from being so innocent to having something so sinister infect your brain. I feel terrible. Then I ask myself, why I feel this way, why can I not just forget about it, and then I remember the boy hit by the car. He was surrounded by blood, a lot of it.

First thing I do is rush to the kitchen to get some water, my mum is doing the washing up. She sees me.

“Ah back so soon David, did you have fun out with…” She suddenly stops and stares at realising that something is horribly wrong. I spot myself in the mirror and notice that I am shaking and that I have a face as white as paper. “What happened?” She asks quietly but loud enough for me to hear.

“There has been a horrible accident…” And so I start from the beginning of this ever unfolding nightmare.

 

It is twenty to twelve at night and luckily it is a Friday so that means no school to deal with tomorrow, along with what happened. I told my mum about every thing that happened, from the moment the young boy called me a fatherless runt to when I left the scene to go home. Fortunately for me, my mother knows and trusts me enough to believe that I would never intentionally hurt some one unless provoked by them, thank god for that, but no doubt there will be police to convince at some point.

I am sat in the living room with my mum watching TV, good thing is that I am almost feeling 100% about the day, all I have left to recover from now are the memories of what happened, they will hold me back from full recovery no doubt. Then suddenly I feel really tired, and yawn loudly.

“I think it will do you some good to go to bed after the day you have been through” My mum advices sympathetically.

“Alright, after all, it is midnight, so yeah, I’m going to go to bed now, night mum”

“Night David”

I smile at the last bit she says, because I start to realise that no matter what happens my mum will always be around to help me and be by my side.

 

I suddenly awake to the sound of my phone vibrating on my desk; I get of my bed and pull my half dead body over to my phone. This better not be a random Facebook notification but, to my surprise, it is Bonnie. I wonder what she wants at this hour. Actually what is this hour I ask my self, I look at my clock and find it is half nine in the morning, now I feel pretty stupid, then I answer the phone.

“Hey Bonnie” I yawn.

“Hu-Hey David, sorry to call you so early but I had the police around just now asking about where you live. My parents had no choice but to tell them”

“Don’t worry about it Bonnie, but do you know where the police are now, are they still at your house?” I ask urgently.

“No they said they were on their way to your house about a minute ago, I am scared David, what are they going to do to you?” I realise that she must be trembling.

“What do you mean? I have not done anything wrong, you are starting to worry me now Bonnie” I feel really nervous now, am I falling into a hole of bad events?

“Just meet me at the park, otherwise something even worse will happen to you than a fight.”

She hangs up immediately after she says that, I have no idea what is going on, and what trouble I am in, but I have no choice but to trust little Bonnie and meet her at the park, quickly.

 

I make it to the park within five minutes by running there, I can see Bonnie, at least she is safe, she is on a bench with her back to me, and I can see by her shuddering shoulders that she is crying. I rush over towards her.

“Bonnie, are you alright?” She gets up turns to me and only now I notice by the dry lines of tears that she had been crying for quite some time before now.

“I am so glad you left before the police got to you.” She says with triumph in her voice, but as with every thing that has happened recently, I have no idea what she means by that. I mean of course I am in trouble because I can not go around punching younger kids, but Bonnie makes out I am in more trouble than the amount of paintings the Hermitage can hold. I am just about to open my mouth to question her about why she makes out I am such trouble when she hugs me. Now I have known Bonnie for so long that I can not remember a day I have not had her in my life, but she has never hugged me and due to such surprise I am left speechless. Bonnie does not see it that way when she releases me and looks at my face and then c***s her eyebrow at my speechless expression.

“I guess from the look on your face that you know what trouble you are in David? I am not sure how you know, but at least I do not have to tell-”

“I have no clue what is gong on Bonnie, all I know I that police are probably at my door right now and by the sounds of it, they obviously think I have done something a lot worse than merely hit a boy.” Out of confusion I say this in an agitated tone and I can see in Bonnie’s face that it has scared her. I have never shown any signs of violence toward her, she probably thinks something has changed within me since seeing my outburst yesterday and hearing me sound aggressive today. And as if to say I have hit the nail on the head with that thought, she starts to cry. As any one would, I reach out to hold her for comfort, but she slaps my hand away with her hand, at that point I step back showing that I mean no harm despite I still have no clue what is going on around here.

“What is it Bonnie, you are starting to worry me now?” I ask urgently.

“It is you David, you have changed into some one different to the person I was close to, the person that made me feel safe and happy without needing to stick up or fight for me. Yesterday you hit that boy, that is not like you even if he did insult you, I have heard you take worse insults than that and just now you seem against me for some reason. I have known you long enough to realise when you have started to change dramatically and I have realised that now.”

I feel sorry for her, but I know all to well that these are not one hundred percent her words, some one or something has settled her on these thoughts.

“I am sorry you feel that way Bonnie, I have never noticed myself changing but I am not really violent just probably lack of sleep, I”-

Bonnie interrupts with a startling, loud voice that I have never expected from such a sweet, quiet girl.

“The police are looking for a murder suspect David, not a little assault on a pathetic school boy, to the police the hit and run never happened, they think you did it. Of course they do not think you ran the kid over, they believe you have beaten him to death, it is lunacy, but they seem so confident with there accusation.” She finished speaking with a fresh stream of tears. It is only then that I realise the full extent of everything is going on, like the last puzzle piece being fitted in the world’s hardest puzzle. I begin to cry, but then and only then I notice a strange man staring at me from about 10 metres away, he looks toward Bonnie then to me and smiles with a look of recognition. It is not only me he has been watching, but Bonnie too; I have to confront him and what better a time than right now.

I stagger forwards partially scared, desperately trying to make my self look stronger than I am by wiping the few tears from my dry face.

“Hey you, why are you watching us?”

“What the hell are you doing?” Bonnie cries but I need answers from this stranger.

 “Why have you been watching and following us these past few days?” He does not reply. “Have we done something wrong, is it the park’s age limit, is it something about that?” Again he does not reply, only stares and sneers at my last question. Then it hits me, he might be an under cover policeman despite him following me long before reality got more out of hand than late homework. “Are you under-cover for the police, are you trying to catch me in a fi-”

“Please run.” He finally says in a pleading voice.

“What is wrong, perhaps we…”

“RUN!” He interrupts with the loudest shout I have ever heard before and that sets me and Bonnie straight and so we run on an aimless route.

 

It had been at least 5 minutes since the start of our run and although we have slowed down a lot we have left the innocent park far behind us. Then suddenly down an alley way between two houses Bonnie stops and gasps for air.

“Why are we even running David, what is the point, you did not even know the man and as soon as he told you to run you ran, taking me with you. There are countless reasons to why we should have just ignored him and to why he said all of those things, what has gotten into you.”

“I know being a suspected murderer is hard for some one so innocent to imagine being like, but please just cut me some slack here.” Her distrust in me is irritating, but she does not respond to my outburst, just holds back the tears and keeps quiet. “I am not sure why I ran, but something about his voice is familiar and how he spoke made me trust him. When he shouted, the urgency in his voice made me more sure than ever to go with what ever he said. You have to believe me Bonnie some how I know that something is not right here first the police’s crazy accusations then that man following the two of us for a while, hopefully we can get through this and start to understand what is going on before anything else takes a turn for the worst.”

Suddenly as if I have the power to create bad situations for myself, a regular sized blue van for a satellite company pulls up at the other end of the alley way to us. I step in the other direction to run, but two men grab me and another two grab Bonnie and before we know it, we are launched into the back of the blue van.

 

The van has been driving for what seems like almost half an hour, but most only be five minutes, it was completely dark the first few minutes that we were in the van, but since then a small light had flickered on. I am close to Bonnie holding her, she is shaking a lot even compared to me, I am yet again put in the dark about anything that is going on. I am so confused that I can not even react to what is going on, my thoughts are coming and going a hundred per second and the only feeling I have is fear, fear of the un-known.

 “I am scared David what are we going to do?” That snaps me out of my confusion.

“I am scared too Bonnie, I have no idea what is going to happen or what we are going to do, I wish we did know but all I can say is when ever I can I will get us out of this.”

The car stops, I have no idea where we are but now I can finally hear talking, it seems to make me feel a lot less tense, and I strangely like it. They have just gotten out of the van and they are talking about me and Bonnie, one of them is saying they should have only taken me. Now I am really confused, why just me? Has this got something to do with the man? Are these some rogue police or something? I seriously doubt this next question but is this some sort of joke?

“Right we will get her out then” Says one of the men who seem to be the lesser of the two by how they speak to one another.

Suddenly I hear the sound of foots steps coming toward the van doors like a clock ticking down the time I have left with Bonnie until she is taken from me. I look towards Bonnie she is terrified. I notice she has the necklace on that I brought her for her last Birthday, I suddenly get a strange thought and grab the necklace a lightly pull it of; with a little force it comes of, she gives me a questioning look.

“Bonnie I need you to listen to me now, no matter how unlikely you feel it will be until we find one another, just remembers that as long as I have this necklace I will try my absolute best to find you.”

And then I am blinded by the van doors opening and bright light, more bright that the light, shines through. As I go to cover my eyes I see a pair of hands reach towards me and then I am covering my eyes with my hand. When I remove my hands from my eyes the doors are shut and I start to feel safer again, wonder why those pair of hands did not take anything. As I say that I look to where I expect to find Bonnie and she is gone, before I can shout for her I hear the van pull away and I notice the necklace still in my hands, and remember the promise I made to my dear Bonnie.



© 2014 Bradley Davies


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hmmm. Good plot development and a smooth read! I am ambivalent.. I feel as if the writing wavers in and out of intimacy dan sort of clinical and superficially descriptive feel... I think you have a lot of talent and just need to keep writing, select your favorite parts of your own writing, analyze what it is that makes them good, and replicate it further and more consistently as you continue to write. Thanks for posting your story:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chaselyn

9 Years Ago

Wonderful!! I'm so glad.. you ought to write so much more! It's enthralling.
Chaselyn

9 Years Ago

The part about the footsteps being a countdown is indeed clever:)
Bradley Davies

9 Years Ago

Aww you re read it :3 thank you



Reviews

Hmmm. Good plot development and a smooth read! I am ambivalent.. I feel as if the writing wavers in and out of intimacy dan sort of clinical and superficially descriptive feel... I think you have a lot of talent and just need to keep writing, select your favorite parts of your own writing, analyze what it is that makes them good, and replicate it further and more consistently as you continue to write. Thanks for posting your story:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chaselyn

9 Years Ago

Wonderful!! I'm so glad.. you ought to write so much more! It's enthralling.
Chaselyn

9 Years Ago

The part about the footsteps being a countdown is indeed clever:)
Bradley Davies

9 Years Ago

Aww you re read it :3 thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
1 Review
Added on June 16, 2013
Last Updated on July 26, 2014
Tags: Blue, van, taken, Bonnie, David, scared, necklace, find, darkness, lost, alone, police


Author

Bradley Davies
Bradley Davies

Gloucester, United Kingdom



About
Hey my names is Bradley, I am 18 while writing this (I am now 20 (23.09.2015) turning 21 on the 28th of September :D), I have loved to write but never been very good at it. I have always been able to .. more..

Writing