Part 1

Part 1

A Chapter by Bradly

Her arm was in searing pain, dripping with blood. As she rushed along the old forgotten forest path she glanced back, hoping that her attackers were no longer following.
   A noise!
   She dove into a thick fern and lay dead still, her eyes wide with fright, her heart pumping with anxiety. She could feel every single muscle in her body tense up as she strained to hear anything outside the usual forest ambience.
   Every sound that reached her ears was amplified and twisted into potential death. Her arm went numb and she realised that she might die anyway without the help of her attackers.
   Her energy was draining fast, her muscles started relaxing and she could no longer muster the energy to keep her eyes open. As her vision blurred, her hearing dimmed, and she was filled with a sickly but nonetheless welcome warmth that took her pain away.
   In her mind she could hear her mother's voice, singing a soft lullaby to help her sleep. The wind picked up pace, the clouds rolled overhead, but Fhasha knew nothing of it. Death was calling her now, she could hear him... just a little further... almost there... I'm dying... dying...
   
   "Gotcha!" her eyes shot open to see a man kneeling over her. She tried to scream but could only manage a soft, pitiful, almost unnoticeable cough. With expressionless eyes she glanced down at her stomach, seeing a dagger embedded into her gut, the man twisting at the handle and smiling a beautiful smile.
   She smiled back.



© 2008 Bradly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! You've got my attention. But I'd love to have a description of Fhasha. Give my mind's eye a treat, too.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
1 Review
Added on July 31, 2008
Last Updated on July 31, 2008


Author

Bradly
Bradly

Bredasdorp, South Africa



About
I was born in Pretoria, South Africa and have lived an interesting life filled with both happiness and sadness. I have no regrets though. I'm studying Educational Psychology with the hopes of one day.. more..

Writing
Fhasha Qii Fhasha Qii

A Book by Bradly


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Bradly


Part 3 Part 3

A Chapter by Bradly