Part 2

Part 2

A Chapter by Bradly

Drip.      Drip.      Drip.      Drip.
   High above the canopy of trees, the azure sky cried it's rainy tears, casting a gloomy shadow across the forest below. Water droplets slid down the leaves, clinging desperately before plummeting toward the muddy forest floor.
   In the distance, voices could be heard, growing in strength as they drew closer.
   "...and we won't have this discussion again, Dris," came the voice of a woman, "If your father doesn't approve we'll just have to carry on without his blessing."
   The voice of a desperate man followed closely. "Don't turn your back on me! You know what this means to us."
   A pause.
   As though in anxiety, a low, menacing whisper passed through the trees as the wind blew across the Dome.
   "I'll see you at home," said the woman finally, the sound of her footsteps amplified by her anger. The young man stood in frustration, kicking up some mud, and something else...
   Curious, the man knelt down to see what he had disturbed. A knife of panic pierced his heart as he discovered the foot of a Klyros woman, who lay lifelessly concealed in a thick fern. She was hardly breathing enough to notice and covered in her own blood.
   
   He looked around, knowing that there won't be anyone to help. The wind picked up pace, mocking his efforts to scream, and giving the rain an extra burst of stinging cold. Drenched to the skin, the young man picked Fhasha up in his arms and rushed towards the forest's edge.
   A water droplet slid down the hand of the dying woman. As it clung to her finger it sparkled with the dying azure light.
   The light dimmed. It fell. 



© 2008 Bradly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

First off, chapter two didn't pick up where chapter one left off. As I got to the end, I saw it was intentional.

Your writing flows easily. It's a pleasure to read. Your description of the man wanting to scream was excellently written.

Your description of the water drop suggests that it has a bit more significcance than what you've written here.

You're still holding my attention. Good job.



Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Added on July 31, 2008
Last Updated on August 1, 2008


Author

Bradly
Bradly

Bredasdorp, South Africa



About
I was born in Pretoria, South Africa and have lived an interesting life filled with both happiness and sadness. I have no regrets though. I'm studying Educational Psychology with the hopes of one day.. more..

Writing
Fhasha Qii Fhasha Qii

A Book by Bradly


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Bradly


Part 3 Part 3

A Chapter by Bradly