Part 3

Part 3

A Chapter by Bradly

   Sound filtered through the hazy curtain of consciousness, faint at first but growing clearer as light reach her opening eyes. When at last she was able to see, Fhasha noticed that she was in an ultic, probably in Akkaio, judging by the markings on the little Enkidukai boy who was standing next to her resting place, staring down at her.
   "Rrohisi sa, koliryba?" came his sweet voice. She looked straight into his eyes and saw the wisdom of a thousand years. All she could do was nod.
   The little boy giggled and ran from the ultic. Fhasha looked around as she attempted to sit up. This place was warm. A fire was burning merrily in the middle of the tent, it looked like there was a pot hanging over it, filling the air with a delicious smell that made her want to throw up.
   She winced in pain. She threw her covers aside, noticing her naked state. The wound on her stomach was visible but no longer bloody. Whoever had healed her had done a very good job of it.
   She quickly pulled the covers over herself again as the little boy came storming into the ultic again, followed closely by a slightly plump Enkidukai woman.
   The Enkidukai smiled at her as she came closer and knelt down next to her.
   "Why hello there young woman, what are you trying to do here?" she said, as she pushed on her chest to get her to lie down again, "You are in no way strong enough to get up yet you silly thing. You were truly in bad shape when you came to me."
   The little boy was sitting by the fire, playing with a stick he had brought in, he was fascinated by the mechanics of fire, setting the tip of the stick alight and then blowing it out again.
   Fhasha's face echoed her thoughts as confusion set in. The Enkidukai woman noticed this, and simply nodded. "You don't remember, do you?"
   Fhasha felt she should say something, but found she was unable to, or unwilling to, she wasn't sure. She looked up at the woman and shook her head.
   The woman sighed and then smiled again, "Not to worry, I'll tell you everything in good time. Now, you must eat." She went to the pot and scooped some of its contents into a wooden bowl and brought it to Fhasha. She helped her to sit up a little and then handed her the food. Fhasha was in no mood to eat, but knew that she needed to. The woman didn't wait for thanks and quietly left the tent.
   
   As she ate what seemed to be a soup of some kind, the little boy came and sat next to her with his own bowl. Fhasha watched as he carefully scooped some into his mouth, not wanting to spill. He looked at her with those brilliant eyes again, smiling softly. His gaze reached deep into her soul, reading her secrets, drinking her thoughts. He giggled and ate some more soup.



© 2008 Bradly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You introduce a lot of vocabulary. Is it Afrikaans or some other South African dialect? And is the reader expected to understand? I don't know. I also wasn't sure if Fhasha understood what the boy said.

You've set up a great framework for a story. It peaks my interest, but too many details are missing for me to follow the storyline.

Why are we interested in Fhasha? What is her goal? What is her weakness?


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You introduce a lot of vocabulary. Is it Afrikaans or some other South African dialect? And is the reader expected to understand? I don't know. I also wasn't sure if Fhasha understood what the boy said.

You've set up a great framework for a story. It peaks my interest, but too many details are missing for me to follow the storyline.

Why are we interested in Fhasha? What is her goal? What is her weakness?


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Added on August 1, 2008


Author

Bradly
Bradly

Bredasdorp, South Africa



About
I was born in Pretoria, South Africa and have lived an interesting life filled with both happiness and sadness. I have no regrets though. I'm studying Educational Psychology with the hopes of one day.. more..

Writing
Fhasha Qii Fhasha Qii

A Book by Bradly


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Bradly


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Bradly