The Time I got Back

The Time I got Back

A Story by Brandon2814
"

This is an early short story dealing with love, betrayal and revenge. It is rather short but I plan on fleshing it out after I get all of my other stories on here.

"

“Hello madam,” the man said. He was wearing black. I’m not sure exactly happened after that. I remember some dining, some dancing and the wine, how I love the wife. He was an excellent dancer, he moved like those movie stars from the 50’s, dancing and floating without a care in the world. He was handsome too; boy the other girls were jealous.


“Would you like to come to Paris and see my villa?” I was dumbfounded; I couldn’t believe my ears, Paris of all places. “Of course,” I said and we left the very next day. It was such a beautiful trip, we traveled by boat and airplane (both of which I have never been on before) it was such an amazing trip. I thought things couldn’t get any better; I was with the man of my dreams, hopping around the globe and buying the newest clothes from all the top designers. I thought things would stay this way for the rest of my life.


They didn’t of course; things started changing after a while. He became more distant, more than before at least. He started hiding in his room, reading weird books about the occult and other odd things. He would often ask about my family history and about my families’ health problems.

It really didn’t start getting better, not until our anniversary at least. That’s when things got really bad, he had a romantic dinner planned. He had the music playing and we danced, oh how we danced. We haven’t danced in so long and it was nice to have his arms wrapped around me and to get the muscles moving again. We had some wine to accompany the dancing.


The wine was vintage he said, it was making me light headed, more light headed then normal at least.

I passed out at some point and had my husband staring down at me as I laid on the cold cement floor. I don’t remember much after that except an overwhelming feeling of calmness and clarity.

The next thing I know I’m looking down at my body. It was surreal at first. I can’t really explain the whole thing but I know I wasn’t being pulled anywhere like they say in the old movies. I was pretty much stuck in a form of limbo. I could see the material world but I couldn’t interact with it, at first at least. Over time I gained the ability to move objects with my mind which came in helpful while I haunted my husband’s estate.


When the time was right I knew what I had to do, as he made his way into the library of my former home I was able to drop the ornamental chandelier on top of his unsuspecting head. The crush killed him in an instant; thankfully the body wasn’t harmed so I could move in and take it over as if it were my own. He was gone now and it’s only right, right?

© 2012 Brandon2814


Author's Note

Brandon2814
Please let me know what you think but please don't be harsh. I am knew to this and I would appreciate helpful comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! Fascinating twist at the end. Caught me by surprise. Very good. It seems well written and easy to read. I like it.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Added on June 22, 2012
Last Updated on June 22, 2012
Tags: love, revenge, betrayal, victorian

Author

Brandon2814
Brandon2814

Du Bois, PA



About
I am just a wanna-be writer. It has been my dream sense I was a little boy to have something published and to influence others as my favorite books has influenced me. I am very shy though with very lo.. more..

Writing