Dirty Little Secret

Dirty Little Secret

A Chapter by Brandon Lee Cochran

    Just like entering the Underworld, leaving it was no different. As soon as the portal closed behind I found my self stepping onto the obsidian and marble floors of the Hall. The others were standing a good distance away from, their eyes were all upon me and Losier thrown over my shoulder. I gently lay him down on the floor. The bite mark from where my fangs dug into his neck was now healing.
    Madi rushed over pushing Aaron and Janie out of the way. She dropped to the floor right beside Losier, holding his limp cold body. Her eyes were teary. ''Is he... dead?'' she asked shakily, not taking her eyes off of Losier's pale face.
    ''No,'' I said coolly ''He's not dead anymore. He is now a child of the night. But until the new Accords are made and signed he will not be allowed into the Haven. He shall have to stay with me at Necropolis.''
    Madi looked up at me, her eyes still filled with unfalling tears. ''Thank you....'' She said, a smile forming on her quivering lips.
    I nodded. ''I'll take him back to Necropolis now, he is still in need of blood.'' I motioned for two of my guards to come gather up Losier's body off the ground. They carried him away and the room was left with silence for a long moment.
    The silence was broken when Aaron directed me a question. ''So, how was your time in Hell?'' he chuckled ''Did it seem like joyous minutes or dreadful hours?'' he cocked his head to one side. Something about the way he looked at me made the hairs on my back stick up. Was he aware that I was conspiring something?
    ''Actually time in the Underworld is no different than the time here. If I'm correct it has been exactly one day and approaching the hour of lunch. And it was quite enjoyable. Maybe you'll be able to see it's wonders someday.'' I met his smirk with my own.
    Aaron walked over to me. His stride that of what you would see of a politician. His face was stern, still holding his grin. His eyes were like daggers digging at your innards for information that may be key to his survival. He stalked about an inch away from my face. His nostrils flared taking a deep breath.
    He cocked his head to the side slightly ''You smell like smoke... and perfume. Something between the smell of roses and lavender.''
    I could tell Aaron noted my tension. He knew Angel didn't wear perfume, she some how gave off the scent of an angel. Like sunlight if sunlight had a smell. I couldn't think of anything to cover up the fact that it must have been Elizabeth, somehow her scent must have gotten onto me.
    I looked over to Angel, her face in shock, her eyes watering. She burst out the doors to the corridor. I felt my heart crack from seeing her upset. I glared at Aaron. ''I will deal with you later for this.'' I said through gritted teeth. I ran after, my immortal speed aiding me in reaching her.
    I was surprised that she reached the gates of Necropolis before I could get to her. She ran a mile in less than two minutes. ''Angel! Wait!'' I shouted, slowing to a jog.
    She turned around, quickly and swiftly. Her hand connected with my jaw bone in a powerful smack. I turned my head slowly, my jaw ached. My eyes met with hers, hers were filled with anger and sadness.
    ''You cheated on me.'' She shook her head while trying to hold back the tears.
    ''No, I didn't. I would never do that.'' I tried to take her hand but she pulled it away from mine.
    ''Then explain this. Explain all of this then!'' She screamed at me.
    ''Okay,'' I said in a low voice. ''The perfume was from Elizabeth. Yes, our old friend. I have her running the Underworld while I'm here.'' I hesitated before I spoke more. ''Her perfume must of got on me when I when I was giving her instructions.''
    ''Instruction for what?'' Angel said, her face not as angry anymore.
    ''Instructions for preparing an army. I plan on bringing the entire force I have to take full control of the Haven and rebuild the world.''
    Her eyes widened. ''I know,'' I continued ''You're worried something bad's going to happen. It's not. The fortifications of Necropolis is 20 times stronger than that of the Haven. Not only that, but with the destructive force I will they won't stand a chance against us.''
    She bowed her head, her hair falling in front of her face, hiding it from my gaze. I put my finger under her chin hand gently raised her head and brushed the hair out of her face. Her lips quivered and new tears were brimming her eye lids. ''I thought you were cheating on me....'' A tear fell down her face, tracing her cheek bones.
    I wiped it away with my finger. ''I would never do that, we have a family. We have each other, that's all that I'll ever need.'' Our lips met in a reassuring kiss. I pulled her close and held her tight against my body. I thought I lost her too... again.


© 2012 Brandon Lee Cochran


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
Added on September 6, 2012
Last Updated on September 6, 2012


Author

Brandon Lee Cochran
Brandon Lee Cochran

Terre Haute, IN



About
My name is Brandon Cochran, I'm a fictional writer. A lot of my writing contains vampires, demons, werewolves/lycans, or zombies. The characters in my book are based off of my friends and myself, with.. more..

Writing