Death Drains Love

Death Drains Love

A Chapter by Brandon Lee Cochran

    I heard footsteps rushing up the stairs. I looked to the door to see who was coming. Evelyn burst through the door and jumped onto the bed almost sending me off. ''Oh my god! Are you okay!? Aaron said he found you unconscious on the street!''
    I smiled seeing how worried she was about me. I took her hand in mine ''Hey, it's okay. I'm fine.''
    She let out a sigh of relief ''I thought I lost you....''
    ''You'd never lose me, I'll always be here for you.'' I kissed her.
    She lay by my side until she got a text message. ''Its my mom.'' she said ''She says she's worried sick and wants me back home. I'll be back, I promise.''
    I smiled and nodded. I gave her one last kiss before she left.
    I sat up in my bed, still puzzled by what those words my attacker said. Sanguis Dominus. It sounded so familiar, as if the words were some how a part of me that was long forgotten. I got up from the bed and walked over to the desktop that sat on the black metal table. I sat down on my office chair, the black leather crackling as it molded to my body. ''One way to decipher this....''.
    I clicked on the Google search bar and typed what is sanguis dominus? Multiple links popped up, I clicked on the first one. It read: Sanguis dominus, Latin meaning for blood lord. Blood lord? Why did my attacker call me the blood lord? I clicked out of the browser and walked away. This needs to be looked into....
    Stepping out of the wet shower onto the cold tile floor of the bathroom I grabbed a blood pack that was waiting to be penetrated by my fangs. The soothing crimson liquid glided down my throat with ease. I finished drying off then I threw on a pair of black skinny jeans and Vampires Everywhere band tee. I walked over to Aaron's room and banged on the door ''C'mon, we've got to get to work. We cant sleep in all day.'' I could hear Aaron's drowsy groaning on the other side of the door in his wake. I walked back into my room and grabbed my black cross off of my desk, it was the only thing I had to remember my parents by before their mysterious disappearance. I put it over my neck and slipped on my Converse sneakers. I shouted behind me ''Aaron, your way to slow, c'mon already.''
    ''Okay, okay. Get off my back and quit PMS-ing.'' he said throwing on his Aeropostale shirt. ''You know sometimes you really can suck.''
    I smiled showing off my fangs and we both chuckled. He would always make jokes about me being a vampire and they never got old.
    Aaron approached his car and patted it gently ''You know this 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse was the style of car that was on the Fast and the Furious in 2001?''
    I rolled my eyes ''You tell me that every time we get in this car.''
    "Yeah, take pride in your ride brotha.''
    ''C'mon, I can't be late for work.''
    Aaron winked at me ''Trust me, we're not going to be late. I recently installed something into my baby.'' He got in the car and reached towards the back patting two tanks attached to the cars hydrolic system.
    I raised my eyebrows surprised. ''You installed a nitrous oxide system into your Mitsubishi?''
    ''Hell yeah!'' he said starting up the car and revving its engine. ''Lets roll bro.'' And then he accelerated out of the drive way.
    After a long moment of silence I looked at Aaron and said ''You know, I still think you should have gotten that 2006 Nissan 350Z.''
    ''Why would I want that piece of crap?''
    ''It's a good car man. Though, I'd prefer to have a 1997 Mazda RX-7 with an extreme dimension wide body kit. That's my dream car, then maybe hook it up with some lambo doors, Matrix GT-5 aluminum wings, drift style hood, with neon lights, dual exhaust flame thrower kit, and a evolution-D gothic art paint job. Could you imagine that baby?'' Aaron looked irritated by my explanation of my dream car.
    ''You know, I'll be glad when your vampire a*s gets a car so I don't have to hear this bull crap.'' Aaron glared at me.
    I chuckled and turned my head back around. Something stood in the middle of the road before us. "Aaron watch out!'' I exclaimed as Aaron jerked the wheel spinning around in circles. A thud echoed through the car and it came to a halt.
    ''What the hell was that?!'' Aaron asked his eyes wide open clutching the steering wheel tightly.
    I shrugged ''Probably just a deer or something of the sort.''
    He glared at me through the corner of his eyes ''And since when in Hell do you see a f****n' deer standing in the middle of the highway in the city surrounded by no type of wood at all? Besides, what ever that was dented my baby.'' He gently rubbed the dash of the car as if it had emotions.
    I rolled my eyes ''You've been watching Transformers too much.''
    ''You know what, f**k you too Megatron.'' and stuck his tongue out at me.
    "Well lets at least go see what that was so we can go report it.'' Aaron nodded and we both jumped out of the car.
    We walked up to what looked like a giant black speed bump. But it was a long black trench coat covering someone. ''You know, I don't think that's a deer.'' Aaron said looking over at me.''
    ''No s**t Sherlock.'' I rolled my eyes again and he grunted. ''Got your cell on you?'' I asked.
    "Yeah, give me a sec. Gotta find a spot where I can get good reception.'' and Aaron started walking back over to the car holding his cell phone high in the air.
    A stench was coming from a body in the road. It wasn't a scent you get from dead blood, and I could still hear a heart beat. I got closer to the shrouded body and turned it over. As soon as I did the person pounced on me like panther attacking a gazelle. I hit the ground hard, knocking the air out of me and making my vision blur.
    I could feel long hair tickling my face. And something cold and sharp pressed against my chest. I could hear Aaron cursing in the background still trying to get reception. Apparently we were well hidden behind the car.
    Once my vision finally started to clear I could make out the face. ''Evelyn?''
    "Hi sweetheart, miss me?'' She had a grin of a madman on her face, almost as if she were just released from an asylum.
    I looked down at my chest to see she had a wooden stake tipped in silver pointed directly above my heart. ''What in the- what are you doing!?'' I could feel the look of horror cross my face like a storm cloud swallowing daylight before it rained.
    ''Maybe I should have been more honest with you when we first met. The name is Evelyn Hooper, I'm a trained vampire slayer.'' She stared down at me with that insane grin as if she were planning to tear out my throat and wear it around her neck. "I've been watching you for some time now. The Slayers didn't want me to mess up and kill a human on pure suspicion. So they had my spy on you. They say you're a special vampire, so I'm going to enjoy killing you.'' The grin on her face became even more wicked.
    She raised the stake above her head. Shock still had me pinned down, unsure of what to do. She thrusted the stake downward and I could feel it sliding across my ribs, like rubbing two sticks together to make a fire. It struck my heart and I could feel my body arch upward in shock, and then having it slam back down to earth in a force to knock the air out of me again.
    Evelyn sat on top of me still, watching me slowly die. Only... I didn't die. I took my hand and pushed her off with such force she flew into the garbage cans at a neighbors house. I got up slowly, still aware of the pain going through my chest from the stake. I grabbed it and pulled it out. Blood falling like a waterfall of crimson. Hearing the drops hit the ground. Splat, splat, spat. I looked at the hole that when straight through my body. I could see my veins and muscles start to regenerate, closing the hole and making it seemed like just a scratch. As if nothing happened.
    I looked back over at the trash cans to see Evelyn still in a daze from being thrown about ten feet away from where she was sitting. I walked over to her, the craving of blood in my gut sending my stomach lurching forward in hunger. The veins in my body seemed to trying to pull them selves out of my skin to get to the source of fresh blood.
    Aaron was apparently walking back over. ''Well no reception. Gotta love Terre Haute right? Home of druggies, suicidal deers, and no reception.'' He paused for a moment standing beside me. ''Is that Evelyn?''
    I nodded slowly ''She's a vampire hunter. She tricked me and wants to break my heart, literally.''
    ''Bro, this is like Romeo and Juliet meets some fucked up sci-fi film.''
    I wrapped my fingers around Evelyn's throat and lifted her off the ground. "Why shouldn't I just drain you dry, Evelyn?''
    ''If you don't, I'll come back after you. And if you do, the Slayers will just send someone else.'' she gasped for air. ''Either way, you will die.''
    I leaned in closer to her ''You ruined my shirt, this was one of my favorite shirts. And now look at it.''
    ''And you dented my car!'' Aaron popped with a matter-of-fact tone.
    ''And you broke my heart.'' I felt tears start to boil in my eyes, threatening to spill over my lids and become visible to the world, to show my sorrow. To reveal the melancholy that was clawing out of the hole in my heart.
    Leaning closer to her ear I whispered ''Good bye, my love....'' And I sank my fangs into her neck. Breaking her porcelain skin like breaking the skin of a ripe cherry. The flavor bursting into my mouth. The crimson droplets dripping down my throat like a succulent wine. I could feel her heart beat fading and fading and fading... till it finally stopped and her veins ran dry.



© 2012 Brandon Lee Cochran


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
Added on September 7, 2012
Last Updated on September 7, 2012


Author

Brandon Lee Cochran
Brandon Lee Cochran

Terre Haute, IN



About
My name is Brandon Cochran, I'm a fictional writer. A lot of my writing contains vampires, demons, werewolves/lycans, or zombies. The characters in my book are based off of my friends and myself, with.. more..

Writing